Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2008, 22:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

I am staying with my inlaws here in Injakkal.
I will pass through Cochin on my way back. May/maynot be staying.
JayD -> Well spotted. Thats a boost gauge. But it can be any gauge? How did you guess it?
Pics of car coming up.
Old 27th May 2008, 06:25   #17
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
I think people are getting more interested in the car rather than the travelogue.
Guys, i have spent days to type these things out!!...
what did you expect on an automotive forum?
BTW, can you tell me what that beach was called? the one in kannur. is there just one beach in that town?

Old 27th May 2008, 14:33   #18
BHPian

Ja Ja where are the pics of the car? Kutlee, would you for once move yourself out of the car and try taking pics of the car and add them to this travelogue.

Guys from Kerala, if you hear a report on phenomenally ricing prices of Sea Food in any particular region, you would know Kutlee's in that area.

OT: Rice and fish fry, hmmm why are you doing this to me, especially when I'm Home Alone and starving.
Old 27th May 2008, 18:58   #19
BHPian

He he. He just needs to floor his accelerator and he is in the ocean. All the fish he could possibly eat.
Come to think of it, supply has been rather low for the past couple of days.
Old 27th May 2008, 20:25   #20
BANNED

Kutlee, that was Co-op Med college, Pariyaram? And which beach was that? (I mean the one where you went on a row boat?) Dharmadom?

And Hey!!, what travelouge without naming the places? No names of the new route you took (from S. Battery)*? No names of the temples? (Lemme guess - Rajarajeshwara temple, Taliparamba? Subramanya temple, Payyannur? or was it Muthappan temple at Parassinikadavu (Not likely, since is way off the highway and you would have described what you saw there, since it would be very strange to a first time worshipper there.)

About prices, yes, food is pretty less expensive in smaller towns in Kerala, (and most small towns anywhere in India) provided you get digestable food. The Kannur - Payyannur belt has plenty of North Indian population, with the cantonment (Kannur) and Naval academy (Ezhimala) and a CRPF training camp (Peringome), etc around.

PS:-, a new road is being laid from Ezimala to B'lore via Payyannur via Peringome, Cherupuzha, Bhagmandala etc. It is NOT a highway, so work is bound to be slow, especially on K'taka side.

* I always enable the location display on my mobile and frequently look it - every 10 - 15 mins or so.
Old 28th May 2008, 01:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

That beach looks fantastic Kutlee! Great travelogue & pictures, keep them coming!
Old 28th May 2008, 02:47   #22
BANNED

Wonderfully written travelogue buddy. Keep it coming. As told by somebody earlier, it would be nice if you can add names to all the places you have passed enroute.

I missed meeting you by couple a minutes. But there's always a next time. Nay?
Old 28th May 2008, 08:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

Help help...
Which is the best place to get my tubeless tyre checked in TVM?
Old 29th May 2008, 16:33   #24
BHPian

Tyre problems sorted out Kutlee? Waiting for the continuation and snaps.
Old 1st June 2008, 14:35   #25
BHPian

Hi Kutlee,

Looks the Tea estate snaps are from Manathawadi - Kannur road. From Sulthan Betteri to Manathawadi, if u take Beenachi - Panamaram - Manathawadi, u can see few more scenic places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Kutlee, that was Co-op Med college, Pariyaram? And which beach was that? (I mean the one where you went on a row boat?) Dharmadom?
Muzhuppilangad Beach was the better option as its a drive in beach.

Quote:
No names of the temples? (Lemme guess - Rajarajeshwara temple, Taliparamba? Subramanya temple, Payyannur? or was it Muthappan temple at Parassinikadavu (Not likely, since is way off the highway and you would have described what you saw there, since it would be very strange to a first time worshipper there.)
Parassinikadavu is worth seing and scenic too with boating in the river.

Quote:
PS:-, a new road is being laid from Ezimala to B'lore via Payyannur via Peringome, Cherupuzha, Bhagmandala etc. It is NOT a highway, so work is bound to be slow, especially on K'taka side.
I feel this road is longer than the normal bus route as Irritti - makkutta - Gonikkoppa - hunsur - Srirangapattana - Bangalore. approx 330KM
Old 2nd June 2008, 10:39   #26
Senior - BHPian

Yes it is manthvadi Kannur via Kuthuparamba.

The beach is Kauwai beach Payyannur. This is the Medical college in Paryaram. I don't know whether it is the cooperative med college or not. This is on the Mangalore highway.
Old 2nd June 2008, 20:00   #27
Senior - BHPian

Day 4-> There was plan to visit Bakel fort on day 3 which was postponed to day4. So the only work on day 4 was to visit bakel fort. We started off early monring (8ish) and by the time it was 9, i was hungry. We all stopped in a town and had breakfast.
Had a load of appam and fish curry. I ordered 2 fish curries. And pounded on our way to bakel fort. Visitors hadn't started arriving yet. We were the first. So empty car park and other pictures. It was good sunny day. Enjoyed the sun and the view. What a clean fort. Well maintained. This fort is the Uyire song fame. Went to the rocky area to see the sea being chrned. Spent some time enjoying the view. I quite liked it. So this day marked end of my north kerala tour. I always wanted to do this. But couldn't do. Sadly i had to wait till my age became 30. 'late vandalum latest vanden' remembered the great Rajini dialogue. To mark the occassion did a bit of spin on the gravel parking area throwing dust on my relatives. By the time there were quite a few visitors and they forgave my madness. Then chilled off in the A/c to the hotel. Had my lunch outside as usual and took a nap. The plan was to leave for Kozhikkode the same evening. Had planned to stay at a relative's place. Started at 4.30 thinking that we will reach in 2 hours. But took 3.5 hours to reach. The route was infested with mad private buses overtaking and appearing in front of us at blind turns etc. When we reached kozhikkode, we coulnd't take the normal road and were following a diverted route. Tailed a Ernakulam reg car and reached the bypass after an hour long (semi off road) drive through Kozhikode. The bypass was a bliss. There was a toll gate and paid non return charge of 5 rs. Thats cheap. The frustration and the night driving was driving me crazy. Smoked off a flying Laura. Just kidding!!. Reached my relative's place at 8.30. Went out to buy the famous biriyani. Had lunch and this biriyani turned out to be pure wasted. The restaurant that we wen first and famous for biriyanis had all their biriyanis sold out by the time we reached. It was harldy 9 pm. So we went to not so famous rest and took biryiani parcel. So as expected it was a waste. Anyhow we had a full dinner, thanks to the home made chappati and dal (back up food) and went for the bed. End of day4.

Bakel fort pictures...
Attached Thumbnails
Summer blast to Kerala...-0513_101906.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-0513_111328.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-0513_111456.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-0513_111548.jpg  

Old 2nd June 2008, 21:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

more Bakel for picture

more Bakel fort pictures........
Attached Thumbnails
Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0280.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0281.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0282.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0283.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0285.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0286.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0287.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0288.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0289.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0290.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0291.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0292.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0293.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0294.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0295.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0296.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0297.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0298.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0299.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 2nd June 2008, 21:40   #29
Senior - BHPian

*WHISTLE*

Great pics of the Bekal Fort, kutlee - thanks very much. I've never managed to take pictures there but yes it is an extremely well-maintained tourist destination.

Never managed to explore it fully, though - I've always landed there in summer and in the afternoons!
Old 2nd June 2008, 21:51   #30
Senior - BHPian

more pictures..................................
Attached Thumbnails
Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0300.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0303.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0304.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0305.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0307.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0308.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0309.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0310.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0311.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0312.jpg  

Summer blast to Kerala...-tn_img_0313.jpg