Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2008, 20:06   #1
BANNED

Boodipadaga Discovered-Thrilling Trip

Hi Guys,

This is a great trip that will remain in our hearts for a long long time to come. Originally intented to visit Kgudi, the destination changed at the last moment towards Boodipadaga which is 25 kms away from BR Hills.

We all total of 4 families totalling 20 with our own travel includes Tata Safari Dicor 3L, one SX4, and 2 Tata Indica's left Bangalore on 24th May 08 at around 4 am in the morining Via Mysore road- Nanjangud-Chamarajanagar-to Boodipadaga. A total of 280 kms.

On reaching the place we were amazed to see the scenery around the Govt IB., it was a breathtaking setting.Situated below Satyamangala forest where once Veerappan lived. To add more character to the IB we found that this was the place where Veerappan was arrested and locked up once.

This place was truly a great find for us, they say that First Impression is the Lasting Impression. and this place never let us down to begin with.
Attached Thumbnails
Boodipadaga Discovered-Thrilling Trip-dsc04222.jpg  

Boodipadaga Discovered-Thrilling Trip-dsc04234.jpg  

Boodipadaga Discovered-Thrilling Trip-dsc04262.jpg  

Boodipadaga Discovered-Thrilling Trip-dsc04326.jpg  

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 26th May 2008 at 20:09.
Old 26th May 2008, 20:39   #2
BANNED

A great trip unfolded the day we reached there at around 11 am. We carried all groceries and complete ration. We were provided one Guard, One Cook, and one rickety old gypsy. We were supposed to have 2 vehicles but since election counting on there were shortages of vehicles and what do we do. There were 4 forest safari's to be done in 2 days, with 20 people and one gypsy it was an impossibility, the guard said that the indica's and the sx4 were out of question as the terrain were too rough, steep, and dangerous.

Then came my happiest moment. I instantly knew that this was the chance to tame our Beast - The Safari. Instantly pressed the Beast into service, took 9 people in it and off we went into the forest to put the Beast to service before the food was served at 13 hrs. Breathtaking and thrilling is what i call the drive of 4 kms into the forest with narrow and gravelly terrain.

Coming back to the place. This forest is infested with Tigers, Leapords, Cheetha's lots of Elephants and Bisons and Bears and Deers.

Finished the lunch at around 14 hrs and rested there upto 16 hrs.
The forest safari that we were supposed to go would be one from Boodipadaga to K-gudi, a 25 km drive towards kgudi amidst deep forest.
The place never gave any eerie feeling once we started.
Attached Thumbnails
Boodipadaga Discovered-Thrilling Trip-dsc04235.jpg  

Boodipadaga Discovered-Thrilling Trip-dsc04237.jpg  

Boodipadaga Discovered-Thrilling Trip-dsc04242.jpg  

Boodipadaga Discovered-Thrilling Trip-dsc04245.jpg  

Boodipadaga Discovered-Thrilling Trip-dsc04247.jpg  

Boodipadaga Discovered-Thrilling Trip-dsc04252.jpg  

Boodipadaga Discovered-Thrilling Trip-dsc04266.jpg  

Boodipadaga Discovered-Thrilling Trip-dsc04278.jpg  

Old 26th May 2008, 21:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic - pics could've been better, but LOVe the last pic. Of the beast ruling its terrain!
Old 26th May 2008, 21:50   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Pavan,

Nice write-up and pictures but were there really steep dangerous bits? From the snaps, it looks muddy but not something that would trap a SX4 with it's high GC and fat tyres!

Itwasntme
Old 26th May 2008, 21:55   #5
BHPian

Safari looks awesome amidst the forest. BTW still couldn't get what the message in the last picture was supposed to mean. Did you ask them. LOL. Found dead before caught alive..haha..
Old 26th May 2008, 22:19   #6
BHPian

great picture and great place to be.
Old 26th May 2008, 22:43   #7
BANNED

About the engraving. Ha Ha...

I laughed my heart out reading it, u cant help such things with the Govt man.

There are some more pics to come guys, just getting all pics pooled.

The terrain was steep and slippery, pls wait for some more pics guys. They'll tell the story themselves.

The reason why SX4 could not come was because it was slippery and SX4 has soft suspension setup and the terrain could have screwed up the cars belly.
Old 27th May 2008, 13:04   #8
Jay
BHPian

Last time i was there, i stayed in room no.1 where veerappan was kept ( until he was escaped and found dead before caught alive )
Lovely place... by the way, did you go to K.Gudi for the safari ? Any wildlife sightings ? did you see any wildlife enroute to the guesthouse from the main road ?
Old 27th May 2008, 14:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

Nice travelogue and pics Pavan

Eager to see some more pics !!

Abhi
Old 27th May 2008, 14:19   #10
Senior - BHPian

The safari in the last pic looks so much like a beast hiding in the grass before it jumps to attack

Well the story on legen veerapan goes like he was caught but asked for oil to have bath and rubbed it all over his body and ran. When the cops tried to catch him their hands could not get a grip of him.
Old 27th May 2008, 14:22   #11
BANNED

Jay,

Yes we went to kgudi and again the Safari was put to use.

Since it was a night Safari, it made the visit even more thrilling.

We sighted some Bisons, peacocks, wild boar, some elephants and some pugmarks also.

Will upload some more pics later.
Old 27th May 2008, 15:16   #12
Senior - BHPian

@Pavan can you also give some more details about the logistic tie ups like whom to contact for reservations etc and the booking of gypsy for the safari. The cost involved etc please? I am in Bangalore around 20th June and if its possible would like to do this safari.
Old 27th May 2008, 15:26   #13
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Jay,

We sighted some Bisons, peacocks, wild boar, some elephants and some pugmarks also.
Deer ? should have spotted them near the gueshouse itself. Those Bisons are huge...
Old 27th May 2008, 16:25   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
About the engraving. Ha Ha...

I laughed my heart out reading it, u cant help such things with the Govt man.

There are some more pics to come guys, just getting all pics pooled.

The terrain was steep and slippery, pls wait for some more pics guys. They'll tell the story themselves.

The reason why SX4 could not come was because it was slippery and SX4 has soft suspension setup and the terrain could have screwed up the cars belly.
@PK can u tell me more about the stay. Do we need to get the booking done in advance to get a room. Can we get the bookings done through jungle lodges ?? or do u recommend some other alternative. Pls suggest i am very much fascinated about the place and hope to visit the same shortly !!
Old 27th May 2008, 16:52   #15
BANNED

Jay,

Yes we spotted lots of deers, they were just roaming around the IB.

Jango,

The bookings for general public is prohibited as per my info.If you have any state govt employee as a relative this booking would be easily possible.

Let me check on this.
Will forward the DCF Number after enquiry.

Jungle lodges and resorts have their accomodation at KGudi, sorry i dont have the number.

Heard they are good at the price.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 27th May 2008 at 16:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks