Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2011, 18:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Wonderful Timepass at Wonder la

Any updates on Wonderla? Is the place being maintained well? Planning to make a visit with family and would like some updated info. How much time should I plan for at Wonderla?
Old 27th July 2011, 18:36   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Any updates on Wonderla? Is the place being maintained well? Planning to make a visit with family and would like some updated info. How much time should I plan for at Wonderla?
I had taken my kid there in May-2011.

They have added few more attractions, Actually i was amazed to see the place so well maintained

One word of caution.... The water games looks good, but the Stench of Sodium Bi-carbonate (Bleaching Powder) is too high. So as per me its CHEMICAL WATER and i did not allow my kid to get into any of the water games.

Kids from the age group of 5 and above will enjoy this place, no point taking kids below this age, as they will not understand the hazards and its Too dangerous.

You might need a good 8 hours.

Food is terrible everywhere, i had a bad stomach.

But they have Domino's there, so better eat there.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 27th July 2011 at 18:39.
Old 28th July 2011, 19:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
I had taken my kid there in May-2011.

They have added few more attractions, Actually i was amazed to see the place so well maintained
Thanks Pavan.

Can you suggest a good hotel on Hosur Road closer to Bangalore say near Electronic city? I want a place where I can hit the nice road to go towards WonderLa, easy to get back to Chennai without going into the city.
Old 29th July 2011, 11:50   #19
BHPian

Hi,

The pics were really nice. You guys had a real good time. I have never been to Wonder La yet. The pics have got me thinking again, got to plan this trip at the earliest. I would like to know one thing, do we have to purchase/rent the swim wear or do we have to get our own?
Old 29th July 2011, 12:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you suggest a good hotel on Hosur Road closer to Bangalore say near Electronic city? I want a place where I can hit the nice road to go towards WonderLa, easy to get back to Chennai without going into the city.
I had visited 3 years back. I think WonderLa opens at 10:30 or 11. From E-City, if you take NICE road then it will take 40 minutes to reach the place. Are you looking for breakfast or dinner?
Old 29th July 2011, 12:58   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Pavan.

Aangan is good but may be a little expensive.

Hotel Aangan Residency - Accomodation - Epitome Of Luxury And Elegance

You can also stay near hosur rite?
Old 20th February 2014, 08:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Anyone been there recently? The wife and the kid (soon to be 3) plans to spend a day there enroute on our next trip to northern kerala et al.
Old 23rd February 2014, 02:23   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Anyone been there recently? The wife and the kid (soon to be 3) plans to spend a day there enroute on our next trip to northern kerala et al.

I was there in first week of January. It's well maintained and well organised for sure. Plenty of rides for 3 year old. Just don't opt for a package that includes dinner at the resort. We opted for it and when we showed up for dinner they behaved as if they have seen a ghost. No one was there for dinner and so no buffet arrangements were made. We were served what they had ready at that time.
rohitbagai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2014, 18:24   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Me and my friends had been there a month back. Though it was a weekday, there was a mad crowd mostly of huge groups from schools and companies. We went on a thursday and still it was a huge surprise to see the crowd. Initially, since we get discount for college students, we thought that the fast track tickets are a rip off. But we were proven wrong. For every ride we had to wait nearly half an hour. That meant in the whole day, we just rode only around six rides. Since we went to seek some thrill, we took only the high thrill rides. It was surely awesome. During the whole day, we could go for the Y scream, Maverick, Insanity, drop zone, wonder splash and apart from that we took a few slides as well as had a complete fun session in the wave pool. Since we were tall guys, we could go to the complete end of the wave pool and hence avoided most of the crowd

Since this was not the first time we visited, we didnt regret much. But for a first timer, or if you want to try out everything, since they are not the usual roller coaster rides, its better one buys a fast track ticket. Else we ll get annoyed standing in the queue.

Overall, the positives:
  • Excellent quality of rides
  • Rules and safety measures implemented really well
  • No creaky rides or squeeling wheels. The way the rides work give a confident feeling that the locks wont open up in the middle of the air
  • Decent cleanliness, only spoilt by some people who intentionally dirty the place

Negatives:
  • Pathetic food options, and the restaurants had only a few items. Looks like they are hired by the groups for their catering. Even chain outlets served bad food
  • Long queues for almost all rides
  • Short working hours. IMO they should start at around 9 and close at 7PM

Overall, a good experience and a fantastic set of rides. Not sure which day it wont be crowded but that day will be the best day without doubt .
Old 23rd February 2014, 19:11   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Me and my friends had been there a month back. Though it was a weekday, there was a mad crowd mostly of huge groups from schools and companies. We went on a thursday and still it was a huge surprise to see the crowd. Initially, since we get discount for college students, we thought that the fast track tickets are a rip off.

Negatives: [list][*]Pathetic food options, and the restaurants had only a few items. Looks like they are hired by the groups for their catering. Even chain outlets served bad food
I had been to the place last year in Jan when I was in Bangalore. I can't remember the exact day I visited the place but it was a week day and the crowd was huge as you said, many school and college groups. I guess this place is always crowded!

Nevertheless I enjoyed myself a lot but then again there's no way you can fully enjoy the place in one day. And lastly the biggest complain, FOOD!
Old 26th February 2014, 23:57   #26
Senior - BHPian

Though may be a little but GRS Fantasy park, Mysore is also a good place to have fun with water rides. Though not as modern if you may call compared to Wonderla but it is fun allright.

Also there is the chance of a long drive till Mysore with so many yummy eating joints all along the way that it make is a worthwhile day long trip. Also one can stay couple in Mysore and visit it on one of the days.
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2014, 12:38   #27
BHPian

I am planning to go to Wonderla tomorrow that is 13/04/14. Being Sunday, I am bit worried about the crowd during weekends. I read that on weekdays itself it is overcrowded. How's the crowd during weekends? particularly on Sunday?
Old 1st September 2014, 15:37   #28
BHPian

Did anyone visited this place of late?
I'm planning with my family next week (week-day). Thinking should I take the fast track ticket or a regular one is okay.
Any best practices? Looks like we can't carry food / water inside ;-)

thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks