Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2008, 12:51   #1
Senior - BHPian

Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction

Last weekend we had a chance to visit Innovative Film City, Bengaluru's latest get away.

First Impression: This will be a very good attraction once it is fully operational. The theme is good, the attractions are unique and is an overall good place to spend half a day.

Directions: Cross Eagleton and Wonderla on the Mysore Highway, take a left towards Toyota Kirloskar and the Bidadi Industrial park, there are enough signboards to lead the way.

Entry is Rs. 50/- and most of the attractions are Rs. 50/- except for the Aqua World - 150/- per head and Mini Golf 100/-. Did not have time to visit these two. The golf course looks good with miniature hazards, water bodies et all. Probably the best mini golf course I've seen in India.

Best attractions: Ripley's believe it or not, Ripley's mirrormaze, DinoWorld.

Others:
Louis Tussaud's WaxMuseum. Good effort, but the statues are not as lifelike as in Madame Tussauds in London. You can make out the plastikiness of the figures. Albert Einstein's hair was champied with Parachute coconut oil.

Cartoon City: 4 to 5 rides for the kiddies.
- Version 2.0 of the bumper cars you see everywhere. Car seats two and you can play 'chor-police' with the guns attached to the cars.
- Water-shooter. Version 3.0 of the merry go round. You sit in cars that go around and get to shoot at targets with water guns. If you hit bulls eye, a water fountain gushes out with music.
- Flying saucers. Again with guns you can use to shoot at each other using light/laser.
- Toy Train with cars n guns again. Shoot at animals in the miniforest to get then sing and dance.

The kids enjoyed the rides though.

GoKarting: Nice set of wheels they have. The circuit is small and has very tight turns. Also have baby cars that you can take your kids in.

AquaWorld and Golf: Rain played spoilsport, so could not see these. AquaWorld has a wave pool with changing rooms, lockers etc.,

They also have a gaming zone where there are supposed to be arcade games.

The place is very clean and neat, with helpful staff around. Good choice of food at the food court. There is a CafeCoffee day outlet as well.

It will take another 3 to 4 months for all the retail shops to open for business, till that time, beat the crowds and enjoy a quick getaway from Bengaluru..

I did click some photos. Will have to download them from the cam, and upload them here... willdo sometime over the weekend.

cheers!
Old 6th June 2008, 18:36   #2
BHPian

Check out their website

:- Welcome to Innovative Film City -> Index -:

While there check out the Entertainment District, it will give you a very rough idea of the place.
Old 6th June 2008, 19:41   #3
BHPian

Thanks for the info.

I didnt know about the existence of this place until now.
Old 9th June 2008, 15:07   #4
Team-BHP Support

@smsrini : Do they allow taking snaps inside? I thought it wasnt allowed.
Old 9th June 2008, 15:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nice info indeed. When will it get functional fully? Have you taken any pics? If yes, do post them to get us an idea of the place. Will plan a trip to this place someday...
Old 9th June 2008, 15:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

In January last, we had a mini T-BHP meet with myself, Patchyboy,Dragon lord and RaviBhat attending it.
Check this thread out
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...port-pics.html

@benbsb29:Photographs are not allowed

For more info and details contact Sheridan (DragonLord) who had been a perfect host when we last visited.
Old 10th June 2008, 13:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
@smsrini : Do they allow taking snaps inside? I thought it wasnt allowed.
Yes. Photography is allowed. Rs. 50/- for a camera. I've taken snaps inside the wax museum as well.
Old 6th July 2008, 19:55   #8
BHPian

HI.....My visit to innovative film city.

Hi,smsrini. Sorry for posting my trip here. Just thought why another duplication of a travelogue .

We got up today and were planning to go somewhere. My wify suggested innovativeflimcity. So,I logged on to Team-Bhp for idea/guidance. Yes, I got it here from smsrini's travelogues. So,we got ready and We were in our bull by 11:00a.m.

We started from HSR Layout sector-1, took the following route:

Sector-1(HSR) - somasundaraoalaya - Kudlugate - AECS layout - Parapannaagrahara - hosurroad - nice road - mysoreroad - innovative film city. Total - 53 KM.

We reached there and the entry ticket was Rs 50/- and for camera Rs.50/-. They have shuttle service from the place we park the car to the ticket counter.

We took the tickets and entered.The place was really good.But,almost 50% of the work is yet to be completed.

We went straight to the foodcourt since we skiped our breakfast. The food court was operational with 50% of the shops opened and we had really a variety of food.The food was really nice too.

All the entries have seperate entry ticket inside and I did not have the correct details since my wify was taking tickets ... Sorry,i could not give that details here.

Then we entered the Louis tussaud's wax works.It was good and there were lots of statues and cartoon caracters too ... pictures attached.

Then we entered Ripley's Believe it or not museum and spent some time there.

Then we entered Dinosaur world. It a nice setup which the kids will really enjoy.

The fossil museum was not really good.

Then we went to funplex. The games were really too good and 50% of it are yet to be operational.

Then we entered cartoon city. There are few rides and my daughter enjoyed it.

We skipped aqua kingdom. its Rs.150/- perhead for entry and for kids Rs.100/-. Since, we did not plan for water sport we did not go for it.

Then, we went to mirror maze ... its great.We enjoyed it a lot and my daughter was enjoying it to the core.

Finally, we went to miniature city. Its a nice place to walk around for a while.

It was around 5:25p.m then and its time to start back home.

Its a nice place to be there for a sunday and will be great when all work is completed.

Note from the Support Staff: Post edited - made readable. Excessive dots removed. Dots as a form of punctuation are OK but please don't scatter them randomly. It makes for a difficult read. Thanks!

Here are some of the pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-001.jpg  

Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-002.jpg  

Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-003.jpg  

Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-006.jpg  

Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-010.jpg  

Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-014.jpg  

Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-016.jpg  

Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-019.jpg  

Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-022.jpg  

Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-023.jpg  

Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-024.jpg  

Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-026.jpg  

Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-028.jpg  

Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-033.jpg  

Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-034.jpg  

Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-040.jpg  

Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-041.jpg  

Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-042.jpg  

Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-043.jpg  

Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-044.jpg  

Last edited by aah78 : 6th July 2008 at 21:25. Reason: See note.
Old 6th July 2008, 20:03   #9
BHPian

some more pictures

Here are some more pictures of our trip
Attached Thumbnails
Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-045.jpg  

Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-046.jpg  

Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-049.jpg  

Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-051.jpg  

Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-052.jpg  

Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-053.jpg  

Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-055.jpg  

Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-057.jpg  

Innovative Film City - Bengaluru's latest attraction-innovative-film-city-060.jpg  

Old 6th July 2008, 20:40   #10
BHPian

Thanks to the both of you, for the travel directions and the pictures as well.
Will be helpful to many of us here, who are looking out for places to unwind during the weekend.
Old 6th July 2008, 20:45   #11
Senior - BHPian

Coincidently I had also planned for today morning but had to cancel in the morning due to my daughters sickness, could have met otherwise.

But its still on my map.
Old 6th July 2008, 20:48   #12
Senior - BHPian

bglsrini, you're welcome to add to this thread! Great Pics.

cheers!
Old 6th July 2008, 20:49   #13
BHPian

Thank you very much smsrini

Yes,It would have been nice meeting you and your family.
Hows your daughter feeling now.take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Coincidently I had also planned for today morning but had to cancel in the morning due to my daughters sickness, could have met otherwise.

But its still on my map.

Last edited by aah78 : 6th July 2008 at 21:18. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button instead of multiple posts. Thanks!
Old 6th July 2008, 21:27   #14
BANNED

Once upon a time, there was a garden city/air conditioned city. It was cool, beautiful and a very nice city. The gods weren't so kind with it so, eventually it became a polluted/hot/traffic packed horror of place and it was not long before it lost it's charm of a nice city.
So to compromise for all what was lost, some good humans got together and built a film city. It was located in the outskirts of the ex-garden city. But it was really a garden city. It was also a very good unwinding place for the people who lived in the ex-air conditioned city. It was named the INNOVATIVE FILM CITY!

2 Srini(s) who lived in the ex-garden city, once decided to visit the film city. 1st Srini was very happy with the INNOVATIVE FILM CITY, he wrote a travelogue of his visit in a very nicely worded thread in India's best motoring forum which was born in India's biggest city.
2nd Srini was also very happy on his visit and he not only typed some words but also posted some very good pictures of this new film city. And rest..... ..... .... ... .. as everybody knows, is.... ... Nay! I lost my words.

Thank you both Srinis, you guys have helped us in finding another good and worthy attraction for us and our families.
More pics and reports please!
Old 6th July 2008, 21:42   #15
Senior - BHPian

Hahahaa... Coming down from BLG's "Bull" thread, I was wondering why he has posted the travelogue in another name, which also ended with 'srini'!!! Now I know they are two different people.

Great travelogue, guys! Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks