Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2008, 11:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Very nice and awesome getaway and definitely the beaches and the greenery are a must to watch out for and visit. Nice writeup and pics there Srijit.
Old 9th June 2008, 11:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

casa bianca is a superb place! and the beach, i remember vaguely. I've gone there sometime last year
Old 9th June 2008, 12:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pics Srijit !! The place looks awesome during monsoons.

Abhi
Old 9th June 2008, 12:24   #19
BHPian

It's a pity that I've not been able to visit this place inspite of spending 22 years here . BTW Excellent pics Srijit !!!

Destination for the day after my exams finish have been fixed . Chowwara !! Here I come !!!
Old 9th June 2008, 13:59   #20
BHPian

Oye, you didn't give a hint that you are gonna drive to Travancore Heritage. A rian drive to that place in the afternoon would be too good. Anyway good write up and nice pics.
Old 9th June 2008, 14:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
My sister wanted to go to a restaurant called Casa Bianca. It is run by an Italian lady and they serve authentic Italian Pizza(thin), Pasta and Pastries.
They also have Indian food, but I have never given that a try.
No photos of the pizza, but some of the interior. I really like the clean and simple look of this place.

However it beats the crowds at Kovalam and Shanghumugham beach hands down. No choice for any eats though.
Good job pal.
Pix could have been better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Casa Bianca is the best eatery in whole of Trivandrum and a trip down from Cochin just for a pasta/Lasagna there is worth it. Done it many a times. Ask JK etc.. about the meets we had there.

The resort we see in the background is Manaltheeram. We've had a team-bhp meet there before.

Keep 'em coming. Your pics are just toooooo good!
Awesome location it was; Manaltheeram.

Next time you guys go to Casa, say you are Zak's friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire View Post
Oye, you didn't give a hint that you are gonna drive to Travancore Heritage. A rian drive to that place in the afternoon would be too good. Anyway good write up and nice pics.
Heard Travancore is a superb place. One of the best in Asia, is it?
Old 9th June 2008, 14:58   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Heard Travancore is a superb place. One of the best in Asia, is it?
Yes a good place it is. Had been there 2-3 times, couple of times for office partys and once stayed in a cottage with family for 2 days.
Old 9th June 2008, 15:03   #23
BHPian

Casa Bianca pics were screwed because I had to shoot without flash. When I used flash the pics became too bright. I wanted the photos to remain a bit dark

Exploiting Zak's name to get a better rate? Done!!!

@redfire: This trip was totally unexpected
Old 9th June 2008, 15:04   #24
Team-BHP Support

Srijit, nice pics. And it nice to see non-corwded beaches. Usually, all beaches are really crowded, and you never feel that you have gotten away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Old 17th June 2008, 09:03   #25
BHPian

WoW!.

Too tempting. Will be visiting the beach within the next one year. Please share the exact directions or route map to reach there.
Old 17th June 2008, 10:40   #26
BHPian

Travel along the NH47 bypass road towards Kovalam. Then instead of turning towards Kovalam, continue straight. Follow the Somatheeram resort signs.

There are 2 ways that I know of to get to the beach. One is to go to the Somatheeram or Manaltheeram resort, park your cars inside and walk through the resort to the beach. I dont know if they will allow that during tourist season time.

So what I do is the 2nd way. Instead of turning right to the resorts, I continue down the road for about 3.5 kms. There is a small junction with shops. When you see that slow down as the right turn you need to take is almost hidden. If you miss it just reverse and look for it on the left side. Go down that small narrow road, (hoping to avoid the rare bus) until you see a small crossroad with a bridge on the right. Go through that bridge and you can pass straight through a little village. Go straight till you reach the last church and you can see the beach. You can either park you car on the tarmac or you can take it to the end of the untarred road, if the road is not too wet. I've not dared to find out if I can get out on the wet muddy road.

You have now reached the Chowwara beach
The right side of the beach has got beach chairs which you can rent for about 150Rs per day. Its not pro-rated so do make sure that you can sit there for sometime. I think you get the chair, umbrella, towel and cushion.

I havent wandered too far off to the left side of the beach, but it extends well for a pretty good distance.

Hope this helps

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks