Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2008, 15:15   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne® View Post
Though the girl who massaged me was very nice, it seemed to me that she was no professional. Head and face massage were great but ...She hardly spoke a word of English, speaking only in her own language .... asking me thousands of questions - a process that was painful for me as it took forever to understand what she wanted.
Sad to hear it was a disaster ! Yes you are right, a professional would not talk non-stop to a customer, other than answering to questions or doubts. I wonder how a non-english speaking/understanding massager survives in a place like Goa ! Only option left in such situations is to act serious or showing not interested in conversations right at the beginning.

Good, Sam got a pleasant experience although threatened by the prawn-fenny after-effects. At your next visit to Kerala, make sure you visit an authentic ayurvedic massage centre. I am sure the massage what you got in Goa could be just like an appetizer, not the real drink !
Old 23rd June 2008, 17:21   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

YetiBlog® - 9th June 2008 - Just a few hours today

We wake up early. All we have is a few hours and we're determined to make the best of it.
It isn't raining which is truly wonderful, but the skies aren't quite clear.

Jenny gets upfront, she wants to ride the activa. She's really enjoying herself

We decide to visit Fort Aguada (which we never managed yesterday, owing to the massage and rain) - on the way we cross some beautiful goan scenes which I get off to photograph.
The pictures are not very beautiful owing to poor light conditions.

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0217_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0213_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0214_thumb.jpg
Come on! It's gonna rain and I want to get up the hill, hurry up or I'm going without you!!

Soon we reach the lighthouse at the top of the hill. Just as we reach the viewpoint, it starts to drizzle.

Let's take a quick picture.

Smile Jenny!
It's raining again, stupid monsoon rain stupid
SMILE Jenny

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0221_thumb.jpg
Gee thanks. lol

A gentle ride through the drizzle and we get to the Aguada jail.
A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0223_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0226_thumb.jpg

Let's go towards Sinquerim, where the Taj Aguada is. OK.

On the way we spot some more cows.

I want photos of the cows!
Come on Jenny don't be ridiculous.
I've been asking for cow photos since I got to India and you've been saying the same thing. I want cow photos. I want photos of this herd of cows. Please take the photo now.

She's riding and she will not move till I have photographed those stupid cows. I have no choice.

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0227_thumb.jpg
Old 23rd June 2008, 17:41   #198
BHPian

Dude just read The One(R) visits India for the first time & this man. Awesome! Seem's you stay nearby, I stay just off Carter Road, near the Police Station, the lane that goes towards Pali Hill. And after reading this, just booked my tickets to Goa. Wifey's not too excited though

Its another thing that i take her there atleast twice a year. where's your office?

TBHP Support: Please familiarize yourself with forum etiquette and language used.

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd June 2008 at 22:53. Reason: **** language
Old 23rd June 2008, 18:28   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
On the way we spot some more cows.

I want photos of the cows!
Come on Jenny don't be ridiculous.
I've been asking for cow photos since I got to India and you've been saying the same thing. I want cow photos. I want photos of this herd of cows. Please take the photo now.
She's riding and she will not move till I have photographed those stupid cows. I have no choice.
HEY!!! This is a stupid cow picture - and only because you didn't stop to let me take my nice "cow parade" pictures previously. Those would have been great!

Just imagine: Goa at night, deserted by all human beings, with only a few cars or bikes passing by. This is when the secret transition happens, this is when you realise: the COWS are the real owners of all these places. This is when they come from everywhere, taking over the streets in huge crowds, walking around mooing and chewing. Parading the streets and yards!

Last edited by TheOne® : 23rd June 2008 at 18:30.
Old 23rd June 2008, 18:50   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
"cow parade"

Goa at night, deserted

the COWS are the real owners of all these places.

taking over the streets in huge crowds, walking around mooing and chewing. Parading the streets and yards!
Honey, when we went to Anjuna, all you had was Coca-Cola right?
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2008, 22:32   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Very intersting, those last pics, because they remind me of Cornwall!
Old 23rd June 2008, 22:34   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Honey, when we went to Anjuna, all you had was Coca-Cola right?
No, I had some water as well.
Old 23rd June 2008, 22:54   #203
Senior - BHPian

to sam,
i wonder if you do not have any couple photo to post other than that army raincoat photo.

to theone,

Quote:
posted by meto the yeti,
havn't you asked theone,'' aap ko goa kaisa laga?''
if yes, what was answer?
sam has not answered that question. do you have any answer?
Old 23rd June 2008, 23:12   #204
Team-BHP Support

ah The One has got new sun glasses too
Old 24th June 2008, 02:04   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
to sam,
i wonder if you do not have any couple photo to post other than that army raincoat photo.

to theone,

Quote:
posted by meto the yeti,
havn't you asked theone,'' aap ko goa kaisa laga?''
if yes, what was answer?
sam has not answered that question. do you have any answer?
Achha laga!

And even though I am stealing one of the pictures Sam was probably about to post next, here you go:

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0261-large.jpg
Old 24th June 2008, 09:46   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Achha laga!

And even though I am stealing one of the pictures Sam was probably about to post next, here you go:
Now, theone can understand hindi, can speak hindi, can write hindi in english mode. theyeti is indianising theone very fast.
Nice photo.
Old 24th June 2008, 16:50   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

YetiBlog® - 9th June 2008 - The End.

Jenny rides down the hill until we are at the Taj Aguada resort. We park our bikes and walk into the viewpoint that overlooks Sinquerim beach.
Even though the light is dull it is most refreshing to see the choppy sea and the rocks. We spend some quiet time here.

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0229_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0230_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0235_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0240_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0244_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0248_thumb.jpg

A short walk to Sinquerim beach, we're quiet, holding hands with one hand and our chappals with the other, walking through the waves, knowing that soon it will be time to get onto the scooter and go back home.

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0257_thumb.jpg

And now it is time. We rush home, pack up all the wet things and get on our way to the Airport. Our little trip is now over and we make a silent pact to return when the sun is high and it is bright and warm.

The next time we're in Goa, my firang woman will get a super tan and i will enjoy some beer and prawns under an umbrella (I'll stay clear of the Feni and preserve our ecosystem) at the beach.

When we have the sun, we will write another travelogue for you to enjoy. Till then, goodbye, Auf Wiedersehen and thanks so much for enjoying this very simple story.

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_02592_thumb.jpg
Goodbye!!

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 24th June 2008 at 16:54.
Old 24th June 2008, 17:02   #208
Senior - BHPian

it would be more fun if you traveled from goa to mumbai by konkan railway. nice scene with great atmosphere.
thanks for your time to share with us this trip.

sam, tomarrow is your b day and good wishes from me.
Old 24th June 2008, 17:03   #209
Senior - BHPian

Sam, that was another wonderful travelouge from you!! Enjoyed every word of it!

I am eagerly looking forward to hear about your next journey with TheOne!

Last edited by Chevy_lover : 24th June 2008 at 17:04.
Old 24th June 2008, 18:10   #210
BHPian

I wish the sunny days @ Goa very soon for you two!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks