Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2008, 13:26   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

I know about the process . I wanted to know how much it cost you. What is the price of one litre of petrol?

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 13th June 2008 at 13:28.
Old 13th June 2008, 13:28   #62
BHPian

Sam,

Now those bottles really look like RED WINE. I was ROFL thinking how will "activa" behave with that drink. Sorry coouldn't help it.
Old 13th June 2008, 13:29   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I know about the process . I wanted to know how much it cost you. What is the price of one litre of petrol?
In that picture, he charged me Rs. 62/- per litre. The second time another guy thought he could con the firangs till I spoke to him in my reassuring Indian way, lol. Rs. 70/- per litre quickly became 65/-

The 3rd time we filled up from a pump in the city. Same price as everywhere else.
Old 13th June 2008, 13:30   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Oh how truly wonderful!!

Have you booked already? I recommend booking now, if you want a good room in August. I am sure she will love you even more for that. You are going to have a super special anniversary.

PM me if you want any assistance.
Thanks Sam.

Booked last month. Ever since I saw your Travelogue about Neemrana, wanted to visit the place. A close friend is getting married in Delhi in August and there was my chance. They also have 20% off on room rents till the end of August. Nice!!!! So made up my mind and booked.

Will PM you if I need a \ny last minute help. Cheers!!!
Old 13th June 2008, 13:41   #65
BHPian

@Sam thats a nice funky Tee man, firangi maal or available in bbay ?
Old 13th June 2008, 13:42   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
@Sam thats a nice funky Tee man, firangi maal or available in bbay ?
Phoren ka blasphemous teeshirt baba.
Old 13th June 2008, 14:30   #67
Senior - BHPian

Good to see TheStoryteller(R) and TheOne(R) back!

Write on, write on!
Old 13th June 2008, 14:33   #68
BHPian

Attachment 20877

Ah.. I miss Goa... Last time, me and my wife too decide to forego cars and hired an Activa. And it was much more fun. We explored the complete stretch of Goa - from Varca to Arambol/Vagator; and from Varca to Palolem. To reach Palolem, we had to take a ferry from Cavelossim, DCH style.

Time to plan another trip I guess :-)

\N
Old 13th June 2008, 14:34   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
In that picture, he charged me Rs. 62/- per litre. The second time another guy thought he could con the firangs till I spoke to him in my reassuring Indian way, lol. Rs. 70/- per litre quickly became 65/-

The 3rd time we filled up from a pump in the city. Same price as everywhere else.
Wow, a ~40% hike in almost 3 months! I was there in Feb and was charged Rs 45 (once Rs 50 also) every liter.

Whats the name of the place where you stayed Sam?
Old 13th June 2008, 14:38   #70
Senior - BHPian

hahahahaha the best part buying petrol from the general stores Sam looks as if he is feeding his baby (activa) " lee pee petrol jaldi"
Old 13th June 2008, 14:41   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
hahahahaha the best part buying petrol from the general stores "
Hey, these general stores also sell booze in Goa. There is one at Fatarde beach, which stores a wonderful collection of single malts.

\N
Old 13th June 2008, 14:55   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

The petrol is in, 2 whole litres and then we're off!!

It's wet and muddy everywhere.

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0085_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0086_thumb.jpg

A visit to the supermarket and 3 days of general supplies, juices, eggs, cheese and what-nots are quickly bought. I find the bike exhilarating. TheOne® loves the green palm trees. She likes Goa, but it will be a while before she can accept it in its wet state.

The supplies are dropped off to the kitchen. It is approaching evening. We decide to take a quick ride to Candolim beach.

We walk out onto Candolim and are greeted by the sight of a huge ship, beached and abandoned. Just like that. It looks sad and forlorn against a looming threatening sky and somehow adds greatly to the drama of the moment.

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0089_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0087_thumb.jpg

I've always loved Candolim beach, one of the few peaceful beaches in the otherwise touristy North Goa area. Unfortunately the otherwise touristy area is all but dead. There are no beach shacks, no sandy barbeques, no beer batter prawns with Kingfisher...

We walk together through the wet peace. The wind blows hard and bits of seaspray are flying everywhere.

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0091_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0097_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0096_thumb.jpg

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0094_thumb.jpg

Then the darkening skies finally burst open and the rain comes down, cold wet and strong.
We have no raincoats, no umbrellas. I quickly pop the camera inside the bag and we turn around, striding quickly towards the Activa.

The strides are not good enough and in moments we are soaked. It's really windy and TheOne® is freezing.
Soon we start running as fast as we can on the soft sinking sand, tripping falling and giggling once again.

It's a short sprint and we reach the Activa quickly. Time to zoom home in the rain.

A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa-dsc_0098_thumb.jpg

Last edited by normally_crazy : 16th June 2008 at 12:51.
Old 13th June 2008, 15:00   #73
BHPian

You're a master with words Sam! Its exhilarating to read your posts!
Old 13th June 2008, 15:09   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Wow, a ~40% hike in almost 3 months! I was there in Feb and was charged Rs 45 (once Rs 50 also) every liter.
I reckon he meant same price as in any other city not the same price that he got from the stores.

Sam, I must tell you that you have a unique skill of viewing and presenting things which in my opinion is great gift.

why don't you take up a part-time job of teaching our filmi script writers how to really tell a story and keep the audience panting for more? I am sure you will make double or more the moolah that your making in your current job and in the bargain increase the quality levels of our beloved bollywood

Can't wait for this story's continuation and amazing pictures ( forgot to mention-your photo capturing ability is also very close to your story telling abilities)

Last edited by mobike008 : 13th June 2008 at 15:11.
Old 13th June 2008, 15:14   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Whats the name of the place where you stayed Sam?
You can check it out here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks