Team-BHP - 5009 KMS-A'bad-Calicut-Bangy-Hyd-Aur'Bad-A'Bad-Report
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   5009 KMS-A'bad-Calicut-Bangy-Hyd-Aur'Bad-A'Bad-Report (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/41403-5009-kms-abad-calicut-bangy-hyd-aurbad-abad-report-3.html)

There is a huge Kumbhakarna statue just outside of Penukonda near the railway crossing, which is very interesting for the kids!

Some photos at : Waking up Kumbakarna - India Travel Forum Photo Gallery

Lots of monkeys around this place, so watch out for food packets, cameras, hats!

Lepakshi is another interesting tourist place off NH-7.

Belum caves off Kurnool, are another interesting spot to visit. Possibly the longest Limestone caves in South India.

Hai Srini,

Saw your link, would have been worth a photo stop. Missed that one ...........

We were caught in a 10 minute gate closing at that cross, but did not see any statue, is it on the highway or a little off?

Did not know about Lepakhsi, what's there? Also the caves off Kurnool is news...... next time we'd cover them, if on the route.

Thanks for sharing.

--Ramky

Quote:

Originally Posted by smsrini (Post 877325)
There is a huge Kumbhakarna statue just outside of Penukonda near the railway crossing, which is very interesting for the kids!

Some photos at : Waking up Kumbakarna - India Travel Forum Photo Gallery

Lots of monkeys around this place, so watch out for food packets, cameras, hats!

Lepakshi is another interesting tourist place off NH-7.

Belum caves off Kurnool, are another interesting spot to visit. Possibly the longest Limestone caves in South India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramkya1 (Post 878085)
Did not know about Lepakhsi, what's there? Also the caves off Kurnool is news...... next time we'd cover them, if on the route.

Thanks for sharing.

--Ramky

Well Sir, Pls go through the following
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...bangalore.html

Abhi

Quote:

Originally Posted by akroy (Post 878142)
Well Sir, Pls go through the following
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...bangalore.html

Abhi

Hai Abhi,

Thanks for that thread, read it compleately and the photos too.

If it was only 15 KM detour from NH7 it would have been worth a visit, I did see the Nandi Hill direction, somewhere the 4 track road ends and also the RTO AP, but then noticed only the Chariot Temple on Pennukonda BP.
Next time I'd take time out to explore AP, detours off NH7 properly.

--Ramky

C'est Magnifique!!! A lovely travel, lovely travelogue, nice pictures and to boot a good capture of the torrential rains. That's living life the motorhead style. Pack your family and the bags and hit the road. Liked it, really liked it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suren181 (Post 881477)
C'est Magnifique!!! A lovely travel, lovely travelogue, nice pictures and to boot a good capture of the torrential rains. That's living life the motorhead style. Pack your family and the bags and hit the road. Liked it, really liked it.

Hai Suren,

Thanks for your comments.

I agree with you fully, there's no other way to life, just pack and take off. Yes, the video of the rain has captured the essence of the storm.

--Ramky

Hello Ramkya1 - it is indeed nice to see your travelogue. I (me and kids, the wifey flew in and back business class !) drove down from Mumbai to Goa and back in my Scorpio. I am not much of a photographer, wish I was. I will contact you shortly.

Please accept my best personal regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM (Post 883649)
Hello Ramkya1 - it is indeed nice to see your travelogue. I (me and kids, the wifey flew in and back business class !) drove down from Mumbai to Goa and back in my Scorpio. I am not much of a photographer, wish I was. I will contact you shortly.

Please accept my best personal regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Hai Behram,

Thank you for your post.

You drove down to Goa on the rains, would have been a great experience. Actually, even entry level cameras take pretty good pictures, you just have to aim and shoot; I am sure with your technical inclination, in no time you'd become an expeprt.

We actually considered flying Ahmedabad-Mumbai-Calicut and back. The costs for flying in and out worked out to 65K for the 3 of us.. we were seriously considering that too and followed the heart to drive :)

If we had done that, we would have missed the beautiful drive on NH63, Marvanta beach, Murdeswar, meet with Samurai, drive in and around Kerala, Nelliampathy, meet with Mansidea, Rahul, encounter with the storm, Hyderabad and lots of other things which no amount of money could have bought. My wife enjoyed driving the beast in many sections, it was one of the most exciting 16 days in our lives.. wouldn't have it any other way.

Pleasure anytime if you contact me.

--Ramky

Yes Ramki. there is nothing so good as driving with family that is supportive.

@ Ramky

Great travelogue. Appreciate the spirit. I bet it was a wonderful experience.
Pictures are well captured.
For me Nelliampathy is one of the best hill station I'd ever been. One place I can't forget.

Thanks for the tips on SatNav. I need to find out whether the software works in Garmin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kutlee (Post 884376)
Yes Ramki. there is nothing so good as driving with family that is supportive.

agree:

Hai Dhar,

Did not notice your post here, was busy talking to you thro. PM.:)

Thanks for your comments.

Yes, it was a great miss on the Manpara circuit, like I said, everything was closed out due to the heavy rains, mist etc., and jeep guys packed-offf. Relly Nelliampathy turned out to be a great suprise, right under our nose and a beautiful place.

--Ramky

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhar's (Post 889135)
@ Ramky

Great travelogue. Appreciate the spirit. I bet it was a wonderful experience.
Pictures are well captured.
For me Nelliampathy is one of the best hill station I'd ever been. One place I can't forget.

Thanks for the tips on SatNav. I need to find out whether the software works in Garmin.

agree:

Thats a cool one..didnt know the storm was this bad.We just got back from our hyd-blr-guruvayur-ooty-mysore-blr-hyd trip.details shortly.

PS:Your scorp is a treat to see:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjitp1 (Post 896334)
Thats a cool one..didnt know the storm was this bad.We just got back from our hyd-blr-guruvayur-ooty-mysore-blr-hyd trip.details shortly.

PS:Your scorp is a treat to see:)

Waiting for your report, how was your trip? Is the trip report out yet?

Thanks for your guidance, road-directions and pointer to visit Ramujis, it was a great day inside there...

--Ramky

Hi Ramky,

Another mega trip from you and what an excuse for taking on the wheels for 5000+ road journey.
As always... a great account clap:and very useful reference for those who would like to take this circuit.
chrs
panakj

Hai Pankaj,

Thanks for the post, sorry did not respond earlier.

Reference was one purpose for putting up so much exhaustive data, I've found information posted by other people very useful for preparing any long journey.

--Ramky

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pankaj1126 (Post 906982)
Hi Ramky,

Another mega trip from you and what an excuse for taking on the wheels for 5000+ road journey.
As always... a great account clap:and very useful reference for those who would like to take this circuit.
chrs
panakj