Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2008, 13:16   #16
BHPian

Beautiful Photography!

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post

Thanks a lot. Photos are from my Canon Powershot A550. How I wish I had a DSLR and a wide angle. It would be a totally different story then. It was a cloudy day, and the greenery is appearing particularly verdant. Good light for architectural photography of this kind. No hard shadows, greens looking their best against the stone, or vice versa.
Some awesomely clean and delicious pictures. Pictures from inside car were a little bit of turn off, but hey, there is always a next time. Carry your DSLR next time, for a fact I sure will whenever I go there. It's a beautiful fort as shown by you and Sam in respective travelogues.
Old 28th June 2008, 19:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
Some awesomely clean and delicious pictures. Pictures from inside car were a little bit of turn off, but hey, there is always a next time. Carry your DSLR next time, for a fact I sure will whenever I go there. It's a beautiful fort as shown by you and Sam in respective travelogues.
I don't have a DSLR yet, I only borrow my friends Nikon's Manual SLR once in a while.

Pictures in a car are not good because I was clicking and driving together, so no time to compose the frames. I couldn't even glance at the LCD screen well. And you know how bad LCD's are in daylight. Worse, it was cloudy all through. Also, a point-and-shoot doesn't focus very well at 90 kmph.
Old 2nd July 2008, 14:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

Good travelog.

Next time it better be Chakrata or Manali or Shoja atleast

And add on a CPL filter. Cleans up any internal reflections from the glass!!

@Sam: 600 bucks for lunch, 300 (?) for entry makes it an expensive visit. Especially if one were to compare it with the likes of Jodhpur fort in any respect.

Last edited by phamilyman : 2nd July 2008 at 14:09.
Old 2nd July 2008, 23:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

Chakrata kitthe ? Manali... will have to go once.

Shoja... hmm, May 2006, one Ford Ikon 1.6 SXi, one good driver (my client on his second Ford Ikon after totalling one in an accident) and me in the passengers seat. Good drive... Delhi, Kiratpur, Mandi, Aut, Banjar, Bathad, Shoja, Jalori etc. Stayed at the Himalayan Trout House at Nagni village. Awesome place and a must-go.... lets plan a trip. Old memories re-surfacing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Good travelog.

Next time it better be Chakrata or Manali or Shoja atleast

And add on a CPL filter. Cleans up any internal reflections from the glass!!

@Sam: 600 bucks for lunch, 300 (?) for entry makes it an expensive visit. Especially if one were to compare it with the likes of Jodhpur fort in any respect.
Old 2nd July 2008, 23:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Yahoo! India Maps
Old 7th August 2008, 16:15   #21
BHPian

I love the fiat Palio. I am looking to buy one. Hope i succeed.
Old 7th August 2008, 23:31   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramkumar View Post
I love the fiat Palio. I am looking to buy one. Hope i succeed.
Is the "hoping" to succeed because of:

1. Convincing yourself (or whoever's funding you?)
2. Bad dealer / A.s.s?
3. Waiting Period?

In any of the cases, buying a Palio in today's scenario will not be a popular decision, even if easy.
All the best!
Old 7th August 2008, 23:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

You and I and Suman know how tough that is
Old 1st October 2015, 22:52   #24
BHPian

Agra to Neemrana route options?

Hi guys

I am in the middle of planning a leg of a road trip from Gurgaon to Agra to Neemrana and back to Gurgaon. Gurgaon -> Agra is fairly obvious, I'm taking the expressway and so is Neemrana -> Gurgaon.

As far as Agra -> Neemrana is concerned, what's the best possible route? Scenic qualities + well-maintained uncongested roads have a much stronger precedence over time/distance.

As of now Google shows me these options:

260 kms Round Trip for lunch: Delhi - Neemrana on Palio MJD!-screenshot-20151001-22.50.25.png

Thanks in advance!
Old 2nd October 2015, 17:11   #25
Senior - BHPian

Re: Agra to Neemrana route options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay K View Post
As far as Agra -> Neemrana is concerned, what's the best possible route? Scenic qualities + well-maintained uncongested roads have a much stronger precedence over time/distance.

As of now Google shows me these options:

Attachment 1421787

Thanks in advance!
Not sure about the local conditions on this route. In your place, I would have tried Agra - Palwal - Sohna - Dharuhera - Neemrana. Perhaps even Agra - Hodal - Nuh - Taoru - Bhiwadi - Dharuhera - Neemrana but I am unaware of the road condition or Palwal - Sohna or Hodal - Bhiwadi. The truckers who want to get to Manesar / Dharuhera from Palwal take these routes to avoid Delhi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks