Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2008, 05:28   #16
Team-BHP Support

nice pictures.

Glad to see you're enjoying the new car.

Yes, this year the 4th of July fireworks were a washout in the North-East too due to the damp weather.

I'm going to add to the query -> How do you manage to keep your car so clean?
Even after a thorough washing session in the evening, my car only just stays clean till the next morning.
Old 11th July 2008, 14:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

What a coincidence! While watching a Nat Geo serial last night on the BMW Z4, I saw a sign board on a freeway to Greenville, SC.
I guess the Beemer factory is located close to your place, right? Was it Sharpville?
Old 11th July 2008, 20:41   #18
BHPian

@abhijit : the rev count at 95mph is around 4500rpm. Yet to look up the company claimed top speed.

@aah78 : You must be kidding, I dont do anything special to keep my car clean. Its just the new car shine thats still hanging on I guess

@vnabhi : The BMW factory is indeed located close to Greenville, on I-85. Its about an hrs drive from my place. Its the only BMW manufacturing facility in the US, I guess. They also provide factory visits on proir appointment. I surely have it on my list of must-dos.
Old 12th July 2008, 09:33   #19
BHPian

@Saurabh da: amazing pics and awesome writeup....but how did you manage to cover 1500 miles in just 3 days...wow?
Old 12th July 2008, 10:15   #20
Senior - BHPian

Very nice travelogue and pictures. 1.5k miles in three days!! Polished Dome has some serious competition looks like.
You MUST take the BMW factory tour. I want lots of pictures. You know what will happen if you don't. All your present and future cars (in India) will be confiscated by yours truly. And no, I'm NOT kidding.
Old 13th July 2008, 21:48   #21
BHPian

@sabret.. : I drove all night and the roads being good, it was not much of a strain.

Hey Shuvd, I am aware of the impending threat on my cars. Will surely take the tour and provide a detailed writeup. The only problem is they do not allow to take pics inside the factory, but, I'll try my best. They also have an adjoining BMW museum which is also worth visiting. They call it the BMW Zentrum. You can google it and get a lot of information.

There is also a BMW Performance Driving School, where you can enroll and they allow you to drive the latest BMW machines on their race track and teach race driving. The only problem is that the charges are exorbitant and they have a long queue for admission.

Most Viewed