Team-BHP > Travelogues

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2008, 18:02   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Didn't you show her Linking road? She'll go crazy there.
I have a good mind to report your post. Troublemaker. lol
Old 25th July 2008, 19:45   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I have a good mind to report your post. Troublemaker. lol
Sam, please explain your new signature.

MA-DONNA! MA-DONNA! MA-DONNA!
Old 25th July 2008, 19:50   #153
BHPian

Hi Sam, loved your pics and commentary. Felt almost like I'd gone on a virtual trip! After seeing all those beautiful places I wished I were in your shoes man. And that set me thinking when I read the below comments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Sam, what's all this talk about moving Jenny's things to India? Is it what I'm thinking it is ?
Quote:
You cannot possibly think that we can do this for the rest of our lives na? Live 7000 kms apart?
... if I were in your place I would move 7000 kms in the opposite direction and spend my life hunting boar & drinking beer cheers: "BURP".

P.S.: AND writing travelogues of course!
Old 25th July 2008, 21:10   #154
BHPian

Quote:
What NEVER gets replaced is respect and admiration.
Well said Sam... Having known my wife for well over 10yrs now, this is exactly what keeps our relationship alive & rewarding

Absolutely love all of your Yeti Blogs Sam. Both yours and The One's writing skills complement each other's really well... Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Sam, please explain your new signature.

MA-DONNA! MA-DONNA! MA-DONNA!
Anonymous, here you go...
This one should be a lot of fun too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
The Yeti® will be present at Madonna's "Sticky and Sweet" tour, live at berlin, Germany on August 28th. Tickets are being booked as we speak.
Ma-donna, Ma-donna

LINKY:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...tml#post906826

Ma-donna, Ma-donna
Ma-donna, Ma-donna
Ma-donna, Ma-donna
Ma-donna, Ma-donna
Ma-donna, Ma-donna
Old 25th July 2008, 23:34   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Only Jenny could write her experience from her own point of view; only Sam could have written about his progress towards their meeting. The accounts were perfect compliments to each other. Just perfect!
Old 26th July 2008, 02:12   #156
Sar
BHPian

You guys.....awwwwwwwwww..Sam, Jenny, this has been a super read. I must admit I have only read what S & J wrote as this is the first I have had internet access while on holiday. So well written as usual, and the look on Jenny's face is fabulous! Of course it must have been worth it, even if it was for an hour. To see someone you love, spend time with them. Oh, and the sky has been pretty much the same here, so will bore everyone with some pix when I am back home in the next 10 days. Looking forward to the Madonna blogs now Bless you both. Signing out from sunny Devon, later.
Old 26th July 2008, 06:51   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
She may be super special and all that, but she's still very much a girl.

Shoes.
Awww. And agree with Straight6. Linking Road it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
So tech heads, is there some trail for SMSes? For emails we get some info in the header but for SMSes?
YES.

In the SMS, you have the message center number. Sometimes when its overseas, that changes. no idea how.

That said, the ruse was thin. Had TheOne called your phone and it been out of network, she'd have heard marathi/hindi and not german tones
Old 27th July 2008, 20:20   #158
BHPian

Quote:
The days are incredibly long here. It is past 7 when we leave the office and it is still bright bright bright.
It was really funny to see Sam's amazament about this. He couldn't believe it was still bright outside.
This is something I love about summers in Germany, it only gets dark at about 9.30 / 10 pm. So we have really loooooooong days and unlike winter time you come home from work and can still enjoy so much of your day. Your level of energy is a very different one that way.

Quote:
Even though I am tired, we have been offered no choice by P and K. We are to go out for dinner and partying with them. Dinner at a small Italian cafe and party at the local club where they have a special night...

It's party time!
Poor Sam - he was really tired but we had to go, no choice lol. In the end it was a very nice evening. We had some good German steaks - on request by Mr. Kapasi - then went out clubbing. Though the music was not mindblowing we had a very good time. We stayed for some time until it seemed decent to say goodbye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
Thanks, this is some very useful information.. My Parents are on vacation in Scotland and from there they're going to Heilbronn since dad has to visit a company there. I've booked an online Eurorail pass for them.
Wow, more people for business in Heilbronn lol. I thought Navin must have been a big exception! This boring town is not what I would call a business hub, unlike Frankfurt, Munich, Berlin etc. etc.

If you need any help or advise about trains etc. for your parents PM me please. There are different possibilities via Mannheim or Heidelberg, some more uncomfortable than others depending on the amount of times you need to change the train. Getting to Heilbronn is painful (though beautiful due to the fantastic scenery), being a smaller town it is one of the destinations in Germany you cannot take a direct train to haha.

Last edited by TheOne® : 27th July 2008 at 20:21.
Old 27th July 2008, 20:29   #159
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne® View Post
It was really funny to see Sam's amazament about this. He couldn't believe it was still bright outside.
This is something I love about summers in Germany, it only gets dark at about 9.30 / 10 pm. So we have really loooooooong days and unlike winter time you come home from work and can still enjoy so much of your day. Your level of energy is a very different one that way.
Same thing happened to me while in Holland. On the first day I slept off at 6pm thinking i'll sleep for an hour and venture out for dinner.

Got up and it was still daylight. Thought of going out but was surprised when I saw 10pm on the clock. looked out again and saw sun was just setting.

Pretty cool.
Old 27th July 2008, 20:42   #160
BHPian

Quote:
We then drive to the Freibad...
It is not crowded today there are very few people, this is not a good day to swim and the sun is playing hide-and-seek. Jenny describes the place on a hot summer day, smelling of grass and water and sunscreen and little kids playing and it sounds lovely.
As most of you already know I am crazy about water, sea, lakes etc. lol. Having been a lifeguard for many years of my life this has become a part of me, I just love swimming!

So finally Sam is here during summer time, and though the weather couldn't make up its mind I thought I'd risk it. Off we were to the Freibad!
It was empty, a little cold when we got out of the water, but nevertheless wonderful. I took all my persuasion to get Sam on the "kiddy slide" (which was not really only for kids but happened to be at the non-swimmer pool), he found this really embarrassing first lol. I personally think this is the best and fastest way to get into the water! No hesitant "oooooh, it's too cold, wait a minute..." possible. You slide into the water, you are in haha. And it is fun too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
There's the Starbucks behind the Church that I told Jenny we could meet at.
Correct lol. Very close to this fantastic hotel you chose he he, which btw is one of the best in Heilbronn!

Quote:
S and his girlfriend live in a little town 25 kms away from Heilbronn. All of us are invited to his home for a Barbeque...

We then sit and chat and drink and chat and drink champagne and schnapps till night falls.
Yes, we had a wonderful evening. It was the first time we were invited to S' home. A few more of my colleagues joined us this evening, even better as they too had no clue Sam was to come. It was a lovely time, lots of chatting and laughing with a typical German barbeque!

Quote:
The road continues till we reach her picturesque town.

before we go into town, we are to visit her Grandma who is in hospital.
First stop: a cherry and berry farm where we pick up some fresh cherries.

Attachment 31843
From left to right: Dark Red Cherries, Raspberries, Blueberries, Johannesberries, and strawberries.
Please first note that this is not Bad Nauheim yet but Ockstadt, a small village just before Bad Nauheim.

From left to right: dark red cherries, raspberries, blueberries, gooseberries (on top), red and black currant and strawberries lol.

And yes, those cherries were kind of medium.

Last edited by TheOne® : 27th July 2008 at 20:43.
Old 27th July 2008, 20:45   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree - you can finish dinner and still take a walk in the park in daylight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Same thing happened to me while in Holland. On the first day I slept off at 6pm thinking i'll sleep for an hour and venture out for dinner.

Got up and it was still daylight. Thought of going out but was surprised when I saw 10pm on the clock. looked out again and saw sun was just setting.

Pretty cool.
LOL - Vid, sleeping in the evening in Holland. Only you could have done it.
Old 27th July 2008, 20:48   #162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
LOL - Vid, sleeping in the evening in Holland. Only you could have done it.

Not in Amsterdam, only when I was at Nigmegen.
Old 27th July 2008, 21:17   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I took all my persuasion to get Sam on the "kiddy slide" (which was not really only for kids but happened to be at the non-swimmer pool), he found this really embarrassing first lol.
lol yes, I was embarassed. It was a little kiddie slide, not even a proper one. And the water was BLOODY cold. 23 degs my foot!
Not her, a fully grown woman running and yelling with delight and going up and down the kiddie slide. *shaking head*

Quote:
Please first note that this is not Bad Nauheim yet but Ockstadt, a small village just before Bad Nauheim.
A YetiHoliday® - A surprise visit to TheOne®-4km.jpg
Mein schatz, I know. We were in a little village 4 or 5 km away as I see in the picture.
In Bombay we travel that much to find the nearest toilet, so I considered it to be part of Bad Nauheim. lol.
Old 27th July 2008, 23:03   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I remember how astonished my wife was when I took her for her first trip to UK, and told her how the summers nights would be light until 10.00pm. Her mouth actually dropped open!
Old 27th July 2008, 23:53   #165
Team-BHP Support

I see many town names starting with Bad, what does it really mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I remember how astonished my wife was when I took her for her first trip to UK, and told her how the summers nights would be light until 10.00pm. Her mouth actually dropped open!
My very first day USA, I was waiting in JFK airport for the bus and wondering why it is still daylight at 8PM.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed