Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2008, 15:30   #121
BHPian

Loved it truly, Sam ... Signature travelogue this one.

Cheers to you & Jenny!
Old 24th July 2008, 16:19   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

A flight of fancy...

Imagine a row of houses, like in Sam's pics.

Now imagine that a door opens, someone walks out to the road, and empties a waste-paper bin onto the road!

Old 24th July 2008, 17:23   #123
BANNED

Wow!!
Sam, This was just an amazing trip. Had me on the edge of my seat many a times.
Badhaaai ho Badhaaai ho!!
Old 24th July 2008, 17:33   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Hello Sir, how are you?
I'm the first Asian guy you ever spoke to in your life? Really?
By the way, I'm gonna take away your daughter from here to India.
Goodbye.

You try those 4 lines in succession with a professional hunter who owns many guns. But take a picture of your face just before you say those things. Then you will see what I mean.
.. that was hilarious.

***In fact, Sir, I even took the liberty of bringing along an empty suitcase, to initiate the process of transferring her stuff.

Next time Sam, if it's not too much of an ask, get us some snaps of the guns !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
So... I wonder when Jenny's weekend trip to Mumbai is going to happen?
Yesss. And this time Navin will be arranging a movie meet with Sam!

Last edited by shuvc : 24th July 2008 at 17:38.
Old 24th July 2008, 17:34   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You cannot possibly think that we can do this for the rest of our lives na? Live 7000 kms apart?
Good. She liked the trailer and now wants to watch the entire film.
Old 24th July 2008, 17:45   #126
Senior - BHPian

Great blog as usual Sam bhai and you are awesome anyways in your writing skills that kept me glued like others. Like so many others here, I wish you all the best in your future endeavors in your personal and professional life and both of you have success,happiness and joy unmatched.
Old 24th July 2008, 18:30   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This time I have finished my travelogue in a record time of 2 days flat. I hope I did not disappoint any of the readers and have lived up to your expectations.
Sam
Yes, you have done it and hope you will do it in future also.
OK, we will make a deal, if your trip is for 4 days, you will complete your blog in successive four days.
In your earlier blogs, there was suspense, anxiety , frustration, surprise and what not. But in this blog, we missed only suspense and everything was in place. We also enjoyed your writeup coming successively in front of our eyes.
We missed Theone's comment as story succeed but Theone has replied for that thing and we will wait for her comment.
Old 24th July 2008, 18:47   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_dog_lover View Post
Sam, great pics man.

The thing I like most about these Western Countries is the sparse population. Even on a full blown weekday, the roads are akin to what we have on a 'Bharat Bandh'!
The price of redundancy is high my friend. the moment we accept a 150 Rs ticket for a trip to churchgate from thane, you might see these things happen. I am told even a 1 rupee hike causes major "mumbai bandh". And don't we take pride in low cost of living?

until then, if our transport system runs like your dream abroad, they will be forced to shut down in a week.

same goes for everything else.
Old 24th July 2008, 19:11   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Sir, how are you?
I'm the first Asian guy you ever spoke to in your life? Really?
By the way, I'm gonna take away your daughter from here to India.
Goodbye.

You try those 4 lines in succession with a professional hunter who owns many guns. But take a picture of your face just before you say those things. Then you will see what I mean.
I know- that tension/worry in your head can be seen in some pics before the actual meet with theOne's family too.
Mentioned it casually cause i have always noticed a genuineness in all your pics, esp the whacky ones, till this episode.
I am very very sorry if i offended you- i really didn't mean it in any wrong way.

Like i said - from a hopeless romantic to hopeless romantically.
I don't dare to tell any person now- hunter or not- "Sir, i am gonna take away your daughter from here (esp some nice place in town/Bandra) to Andheri."

Last edited by BIKeINSTEIN : 24th July 2008 at 19:19.
Old 24th July 2008, 19:57   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
The price of redundancy is high my friend. the moment we accept a 150 Rs ticket for a trip to churchgate from thane, you might see these things happen.
Fist class ticket from malad to Churchgate is already more then 100 Rs. And Only difference (as compared to normal second class) is, armpits smell of deo.

Cost does come down a lot if someone buys season pass.
Old 24th July 2008, 23:01   #131
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
You try those 4 lines in succession with a professional hunter who owns many guns.
Sam if you still need to convince him again in your next trip,ask someone to bring a "Bakhtar"of Rana Pratap from Udaipur museum.That should ease your tention little bit.
Old 24th July 2008, 23:02   #132
BHPian

Flashback!

I receive an email from Navin telling me he will come to Heilbronn again (he was here in January and at the time I was in Amsterdam for business). So I think cool, we have not made it yet to meet, neither in Germany nor in India, so this time we will finally make it. We exchange a few emails back and forth, he is asking me if there is something he can bring me from India, I ask him if he thinks that Sam will fit into his suitcase lol. We agree on time and place to meet and everything seems settled. We are supposed to meet 18th of July, 7 pm exactly.

A few days later I am wondering which weekend it was that I wanted to meet with my best friend Jasmin. She was supposed to come back from her holiday in the States on the 15th and I am pretty sure we wanted to meet right after. Ah well, so then I would drive to Siegen on Saturday, it will not be a problem. I write her an email to make sure of the weekend but for days I don't get any reply. Fine, she is still in the States I think. Around the time she was supposed to come back I get an invitation from my colleague for a barbecue that same Saturday. Hmmm... Okay, I think, she has not come back to me yet though I am sure she has returned by now. So then, I will stay in Heilbronn. Friday Navin, Saturday barbecue and the Sunday will be a hangout day.

A few days before this mysterious Friday my boss sets up a meeting. Topic IFA '09! I am wondering a little, meetings about IFA '09 already? We are only facing IFA '08 now and are super busy with the preparations – but then again this is an event that takes us months of planning so maybe it is not that weird after all.
He says: I am sorry this meeting will be at 5 pm, it wasn't possible earlier so I hope you have no other plans or need to leave early, M (my highest boss) and I would really appreciate your attendance. Plus, I think this agency has some really interesting ideas!
I look at him thinking oh no.
Okay, I say, but I am sure it will not take the whole evening no? I am supposed to meet with a good friend of Sam's, he is here for business and I already missed him the first time he was here.
No no, shouldn't be longer than one hour or so is his reply.
Okay fine!

Last edited by TheOne® : 24th July 2008 at 23:04.
TheOne® is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2008, 23:45   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Good; the scene is set nicely.

Looking forward to the next instalment

And, just one minute later...

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 24th July 2008 at 23:50.
Old 24th July 2008, 23:46   #134
BHPian

Thursday evening I wonder if Navin is already here. I am not sure if he was to come the night before his meetings or the same day. I send him an sms, I get a delivery report (you weren't thinking about that Navin, no? lol).

So I think aha, either here already or still in India. Then I don't get any reply so I assume he was in transit and now on another plane again. Who knows? I am not thinking about it anymore.

The next morning at work he replies, thanking me for my welcome wishes to Germany and so on. I tell him about the meeting and that I might be a bit late. As a good and proper German citizen I add that I will let him know asap lol. The day passes by, I am caught up in work. At 4.30 pm my sister calls me asking me what's up etc.

- Angela, I have no time to talk. There is so much work and in about half an hour there will be an agency coming by for a meeting. No clue yet how to finish all my duties until then.
- Okay, so when will you be home?
- No idea, I fear this may take a bit.
- Oh, but aren't you supposed to meet this friend of Sam's?
Huh? She remembers THAT? I think
- Ja, but I have no clue about how long this meeting will take. I will meet him afterwards. And sis, I have NO MORE time to talk now, ja?
- Okay okay, so have fun then. We will talk tomorrow.
- Okay bye

My direct boss P calls, he spent the afternoon with another agency, and tells us he will pick up the guys from the agency we are supposed to meet now and come straight to the office. They will be a bit late though. My mood is not the best anymore by now. I keep looking at my watch. I go on working, I use the time to discuss a few other work-related things with M, then return to my desk, working and waiting. 5.30! DAMMIT. I sms Navin Sorry, the meeting has not started yet.... He replies saying No worries Jenny, the evening has just begun or something like that.
I had no clue then how very true this was

Then P finally arrives. M enters my office.
- God, finally. They are just arriving. Come on, lets have a quick cigarette outside.
- Okay!

I get my cigarettes. When I am about to follow M P comes rushing in.

- Please Jenny, come quickly. I have some stuff in the car, I need some help!

Grrrrrrrr.... okay. I throw my pack of cigarettes back into the corner and rush outside to help him with whatever problem he has!

I step outside, I look up, I freeze! My mind is spinning. From the corner of my eye I see P with a camera and M with his cigarette next to me but I cannot focus, I cannot grasp what is going on. For a few seconds I am completely taken aback.

What? I finally hear myself saying and then it strikes me, then I realise that what I am seeing is actually true. A rush of emotions runs through my body, I cannot hold back, I am running towards him, jumping up as I throw myself into his arms!

Oh my God, what are you doing here?
He is just laughing.

Come, lets leave them alone I hear someone say.

We are standing outside enjoying the moment and I am forgetting I am standing right in front of the Finance manager's window haha. After a few minutes, we too go back inside. Everyone is laughing, everyone is happy for us. I am told no meeting, no Navin! What? Those jerks, I only realise now that they ALL knew.

Of course, they are forgiven quickly lol. For the next few minutes everyone is talking happily telling me the entire story how everything was planned, how Sam missed his train etc. etc. I sms Navin, still not managing to find the right words. All he gets is a NAVIN! Oh my God, oh my God... Lol.

Then we are free to go, haha, but we have to promise to meet up again later! K and P are not willing to accept the fact that Sam is here but will have no time for them haha. Fine, I would do anything, I think, as long as he is here with me!

To be continued!

Last edited by TheOne® : 24th July 2008 at 23:57.
TheOne® is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2008, 23:54   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Even better than Sam's story !
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks