Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2008, 11:12   #61
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
That stretch is so narrow, eh!
And by jove, not even 9 in the morning and look at that rush!
That stretch (in fact, almost the entire MG Road) is narrow because of the Metro construction happening.
Old 8th August 2008, 21:11   #62
BHPian

First Impression = ORIGINAL Impression

In ONE week I can say, though in most cities you see 'Everyday India'
Hey, Bangalore is different!!
  • Pretty Looking Women on the streets (from behind though cos they are well 'groomed')
  • Westernised Atitude
  • Westernised Road Names (See the they did not change 'Residency Road' name to 'Rani Prabha Devi Sarani' or something like in WB)
  • Foreigners working for us in Indian Companies
  • Considerate Traffic
  • Scant Beggers
  • Great Weather 1 km above sea level
  • I actually walked 2 kms today and enjoyed
  • I actually drove to office without aircon ON, womething which I had never imagined
  • Oh yes when I took a walk today on MG road I did shoulder a couple of people, an auto and a bike.. well thats because I realised I had not used public transport in years and not 'walked'!
Wow Bengaluru............well sofarsogood

Last edited by aah78 : 8th August 2008 at 21:51. Reason: Please limit smileys to 2/post. Thanks!
Old 8th August 2008, 21:22   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
[*]Great Weather 1 km above sea level
Average elevation of 920 m (3,018 ft). Swalpa adjust maadi, Sir.
Old 9th August 2008, 16:44   #64
BHPian

Do you work in Bagmane Tech Park by any chance? How do you find CV Raman Nagar and surroundings? Lots of trees, thanks to defense establishments.
Old 9th August 2008, 22:32   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Thanx for the correction cheers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limpid View Post
Do you work in Bagmane Tech Park by any chance? How do you find CV Raman Nagar and surroundings? Lots of trees, thanks to defense establishments.
I like it. Esp the morning adrenalin drive on that concrete road.
Old 9th August 2008, 22:57   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, maybe we reach one km elevation on top of L&T South city, perhaps...
Old 9th August 2008, 23:22   #67
Senior - BHPian

Hey, nice initial impressions. We feel good to hear some praise about Bangalore.

Quote:
Westernised Atitude
Quite undobtedly. I've heard that there are only about 30-40pc Kannadigas in Bangalore now(Not confirmed. May be someone can correct). So you can see the cosmo spirit.

Quote:
Westernised Road Names (See the they did not change 'Residency Road' name to 'Rani Prabha Devi Sarani' or something like in WB)
IIRC, this topic had come up once. But don't know why they didn't take it further. May be the next govt. will do it .

Quote:
Considerate Traffic
I guess this is the first time I've heard good comments about Bangalore traffic. You are right in your earlier post that apart from autowallas, the traffic sense is quite okay. You can add the BMTC bus drivers, some Bajaj scooter wallas, some Omni drivers, some Scorpio drivers and the cabbies(Indica and Innovas) to this list.

Quote:
Scant Beggers
Ya right, the heartening scene is, the small kids sell newspapers, magazines, cleaning cloth etc instead of begging. My dad makes it a point to regularly buy from these kids. He gets atleast one newspaper while coming back from work. Sometimes two.

Quote:
I actually drove to office without aircon ON, womething which I had never imagined
The weather is quite cool now. So you don't need A/C. Infact, you need something hot in the evenings.
Old 10th August 2008, 00:32   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
I guess this is the first time I've heard good comments about Bangalore traffic. You are right in your earlier post that apart from autowallas, the traffic sense is quite okay. You can add the BMTC bus drivers, some Bajaj scooter wallas, some Omni drivers, some Scorpio drivers and the cabbies(Indica and Innovas) to this list.
Anybody who travels to any other city from hyderabad will always find it 'Oh! so great'. I am not surprised at all. Hyderabad traffic makes you learn to appreciate the traffic in any other city.
Old 10th August 2008, 09:14   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Anybody who travels to any other city from hyderabad will always find it 'Oh! so great'. I am not surprised at all. Hyderabad traffic makes you learn to appreciate the traffic in any other city.
Tell me about it! Yesterday I had to be in Hyderabad. It was pouring and traffic was really bad. Not because of water but sheer driving style there. Road to airport (there's a fly over coming up, 8 km before airport) was blocked due to upcoming traffic and haphazard driving.
Old 10th August 2008, 09:30   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limpid View Post
It used to be fantastic some years back(before Bagmane tech park), hardly any crowd... now its a different story
Old 10th August 2008, 17:34   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Tell me about it! Yesterday I had to be in Hyderabad. It was pouring and traffic was really bad. Not because of water but sheer driving style there. Road to airport (there's a fly over coming up, 8 km before airport) was blocked due to upcoming traffic and haphazard driving.
Thats the point.

I always lost my way in Hyderabad as never could I even stop and ask for directions. Even maps did not help me. So I stopped going places.

In BLR, so far I made my way to places I wanted and also returned home by alternative routes.
Old 10th August 2008, 18:08   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In BLR, so far I made my way to places I wanted and also returned home by alternative routes.
In Bangalore, you can ask in Hindi/English to people about the directions and they certainly will try to guide you in the same language you have asked or atleast they will inform to ask another person. That's why its called a "cosmopolitician city".
Old 10th August 2008, 18:21   #73
Senior - BHPian

You can add many educated looking drivers/riders who break rules and think its one of their rights!
Old 10th August 2008, 18:31   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
In Bangalore, you can ask in Hindi/English to people about the directions and they certainly will try to guide you in the same language you have asked or atleast they will inform to ask another person. That's why its called a "cosmopolitician city".
Bangaloreans have helping nature and welcome everyone and make their life
Old 10th August 2008, 19:05   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Does this not happen in other cities?? if it does not it must be a pain...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks