Team-BHP - Drive to Lavasa
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Drive to Lavasa (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/43176-drive-lavasa-3.html)

There is no permission required, I have been there numerous times. Just tell them you are going to visit the sales office. Go during the regular business hours. Its about 35kms or less from Chandni Chowk..

Yes the road is one of the best. cheers:

Yes dont forget to have the Bhurji Pav at the Tapri, its simply awesome with tea in the rains clap:. Its somewhere before the main entrance on the left when you are going to lavasa..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat (Post 926722)
Its awesome for bikers but not in rains :)

Oh but its absolutely lovely in the rains on bikes, more fun than driving actually. Honest! I've been to Lavasa and Mulshi about 50 times easily on bikes and maybe around 10 times in a car. Ok you cant perform foot-peg scraping antics during the monsoons, and you get thoroughly thoroughly drenched, but thats what make the masala chai, kaanda bhajji and steaming bhuttas all the more fun!
That and the fact that while riding you kind of feel kind of one with nature, while in a car its like the scenery just flashing by, like watching it on TV. lol: This is from 'Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance'. Love this line!

@PhrozenFire: I said that because most people dont have good experience of riding on ghats so I would not recommend riding on Lavasa in rains.

Its fine If its a slow ride but not otherwise :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat (Post 926954)
@PhrozenFire: I said that because most people dont have good experience of riding on ghats so I would not recommend riding on Lavasa in rains.

Its fine If its a slow ride but not otherwise :)

True. No matter how experienced the rider, it HAS to be a slow ride.
1. If you try and go even slightly fast, you will fall on those roads. On any road, for that matter. Two wheels, rain and speed just do not mix
2. When nature, esp in those parts, has so much to offer, why not go slow and just take everything in. :D

The only thing to watch out for are the crazy drunks who fill up Sumos and Indicas and spoil the whole thing with loud music and a whole lot of unnecessary screaming and dancing in the middle of the road. This is especially true for Lonavla/Amby Valley. I have seen a couple of nasty accidents involving these types.

Hi
Does the road go along the NDA when u turn left after Chandni Chowk ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by spadival (Post 925227)
The only route is NH4 via Pune. You will have to continue on NH4 Pune byepass till you come to Chandni chowk. Then take the Paud road till the start of downhill section of Pirangut ghat. Take the left as soon as you go down. This is a shortcut to Lavasa.

But are you coming all the way to just visit Lavasa? You can plan a visit to Panchgani and Mahabaleshwar as well. Its off season , but fantastic in the rain

Road to NDA is a seperate one from Chandni Chowk, yes you can drive upto its gate if you want. It will be a seperate way though and the road to lavasa is a different one.

Both start from Chandni Chowk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nithinnarayanan (Post 927120)
Hi
Does the road go along the NDA when u turn left after Chandni Chowk ?

No you will need to take the other left from that point. Go onto the road where you see a petrol pump. Or ask anybody where Manas resorts is and go straight along that road till you reach Pirangut and then left from there.

Sat, 2-Aug-08

Was working this saturday as well, like the last couple of weeks.
Desperately needed a break, a temp relief from the hectic schedule.
But for sunday already had some chores to be taken care, so could not getaway on sunday as well.

But a break was absolutely needed, so thought of a drive to lavasa early morning (6am) and be back to continue with the routine. Made a few calls, got 5 confirmations from my friends.

Went to sleep thinking it would be a fun drive.

Sun, 3-Aug-08

The alarm went off at 6am. Snoozed it twice. Somehow overcame an urge to continue with the sunday morning sleep. Freshened up, called up the "confirmations", finally was able to get through only one. Left from my place at 6.45, picked up my friend from his place and off we went..

Reached pirangut, stopped at the junction from where we take a left for lavasa, had Chai and kanda-poha there. Started again for lavasa. Drive was fun as usual, and my new stock replacement K&N was making it more fun. But where are the rains were we discussing. Reached Temghar, it started drizzling which continued till we reached the gates.

We had reached the gates at 8.20 am but the security guy was not letting us in. We were expecting to enter after the initial apprehensions these guys usually have. But his time the security fellow (a big guy with a bigger mustache) said that we have to wait till 9am before getting in. Because the office hours starts then. He suggested us to wait at the petrol pump next to it.

Okay we thought and went on small road. By now it started pouring, we continued a bit further and it was beautiful with a lot of fog. Stopped there, had a smoke and came back to the gates at around 9.

But now this guy was saying that no official had come so far, so he cannot let us in. Even after a lot of persuasions and abuses, he wont let us in.

So headed back for pune. On the way back, after crossing temghar, we saw a group of bikes and a couple of SBK's heading for lavasa. Also were a few cars, of which I only remember a blue alto with one headlight (other fused). I thought definitely some of them might be Tbhpian's. Was it anyone?

Reached back home at 11am. Refreshed and rejuvenated for the beating of the world..!!

Edit: P.S. The post looks pretty mundane and boring. Sorry from an amateur travelogger.! But I had to share this.

The pics.

Temghar Dam

The road next to the Gates

Thanks for sharing the trip, it is not atall mundane and boring. Hope you are rejuvenated now.

The last picture is too good.

During last visit to Lavasa, i was not permitted to entre in Lavasa but i enjoyed the trip. Steep ghat and tasty onion pakora at tapri near gates is worth the trip. I also managed to take my car on wall of temghar dam.
I think there is a road from gates of Lavasa to khadakwasla.
pune bhpians can make loop trip of pune- temghar dam-lavasa-varasgaon dam-khadkwasla dam-pune.

temghar dam
Drive to Lavasa-1.jpg

view from wall of temghar dam
Drive to Lavasa-2.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatienceWins (Post 927465)
Thanks for sharing the trip, it is not atall mundane and boring. Hope you are rejuvenated now.

The last picture is too good.

Thanks man. yest pretty much charged now. atleast till the end of the week. ;)

hey ashish, the pics are not showing up.!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD;927719

temghar dam
[ATTACH
35200[/ATTACH]

view from wall of temghar dam
Attachment 35201

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyclops (Post 927778)
hey ashish, the pics are not showing up.!

I tried almost three times but don't know what happened. pics are not showing up. i will try again
Drive to Lavasa-1.jpg
Drive to Lavasa-2.jpg