Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2008, 12:54   #1
BHPian

Drive to Lavasa

It was only three months ago when I first visited Lavasa with a couple of Pune T-BHPians. It was the summer heat then and we were very patient with our machines, with some amazing ghat stretches at our disposal.

This time around, it was drizzling quite a bit (over the weekend). But that did not dampen the spirits of wifey dear, who was game for a small drive. Accompanying us were my sister and sister-in-law. We started off at 9ish and soon reached the start of Pirangut ghat. One needs to take a left turn from hereon and head towards Lavasa.

The ghat twisties are a delight, although the weather was tricky. It drizzled all day long and when we were closing in on Lavasa, the visibility was very poor. We reached the security gates and they permitted us till the Town Hall, 10 kms ahead. The roads inside the area are stunning to say the least and offers a lot of thrills for the enthusiastic driver. With a great set of wheels under me, I was doing rather well in those treacherous driving conditions. We reached town hall and grabbed a quick bite. The area is very scenic and all of us were happy to use the book of superlatives to describe mother nature.

On the way back, I saw a fleet of three cars and I thought to myself, this could be T-BHPians (I am not sure). An electric blue Baleno (with an air-vent on the hood), a Ford Mondeo (with a FFE, sounding like a sports bike) and a Civic with stock exhausts (it sounded so sweet!). The Civic footwear was droolworthy. Ultra low-profile tyres and rims of impeccable finish.

I joined this fleet all the way back till Chandni Chowk and then changed course to reach Garden Court for lunch.

A good drive in this season. Pictures will be uploaded soon.
Old 29th July 2008, 13:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

I think the trio were Tbhpians most likely Vikram, Shrivz, spadival & others
Old 29th July 2008, 13:54   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I think the trio were Tbhpians most likely Vikram, Shrivz, spadival & others
I suspected it could have been Vikram's Civic. Have heard a lot of stories about his 17" ers and this one looked like the real deal. Vikram, confirm?

@spadival, was that you in the Baleno?

Who drives the Mondeo in Pune T-BHP?
Old 29th July 2008, 14:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

Not sure of the Modeo myself.

Btw was this a ride or drive?
Old 29th July 2008, 14:28   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Not sure of the Modeo myself.

Btw was this a ride or drive?
My bad, Techno. It should have been "Drive to Lavasa" .
Old 29th July 2008, 14:40   #6
BHPian

So it was you behind us.. I had a strong hunch that it was your lancer but wasn't sure.. Bro, please PM me your number, i'll keep you updated via sms about such last minute plans in the future..

The final turnout was like this:

Civic: Vikram and me
Baleno: spadival + wife
Elantra: 1self

I guess you're mistaking the elantra for a mondeo.

The security guys at the gate didn't permit us to go in. Probably because by that time most of the guys who had prior bookings had arrived already. We visited a temple near the chai tapri and had some nice hot kanda bhajjis.. It was a nice drive..
Old 29th July 2008, 14:56   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
So it was you behind us.. I had a strong hunch that it was your lancer but wasn't sure.. Bro, please PM me your number, i'll keep you updated via sms about such last minute plans in the future..

The final turnout was like this:

Civic: Vikram and me
Baleno: spadival + wife
Elantra: 1self

I guess you're mistaking the elantra for a mondeo.

The security guys at the gate didn't permit us to go in. Probably because by that time most of the guys who had prior bookings had arrived already. We visited a temple near the chai tapri and had some nice hot kanda bhajjis.. It was a nice drive..
Hey Shrivz, I told wifey that it had to be TBHPians. It was good fun to drive with you all. Vikram's drive looks drop dead gorgeous. Like I mentioned earlier, the exhaust note was sweet!

The Baleno of spadival looked great too.

We didn't get permission to goto 'Ekanth', needs prior intimation to the authorities. So, we saw the area around the Town Hall.

I will pm you my number in a bit.
Old 29th July 2008, 16:39   #8
BHPian

That was us indeed as Shrivz mentioned. He kept saying it must be you trailing us, but since neither of us had your number, there was no way to confirm. Thanks for the kind words about my ride. Glad you like the exhaust note, it's a header-back FFE. have retained the stock look for the end can.

P.S. As for the Elantra sounding like a sports bike, I'm sure you mean a Yamaha RX 100

Last edited by vikram18 : 29th July 2008 at 16:40.
Old 29th July 2008, 16:49   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
That was us indeed as Shrivz mentioned. He kept saying it must be you trailing us, but since neither of us had your number, there was no way to confirm. Thanks for the kind words about my ride. Glad you like the exhaust note, it's a header-back FFE. have retained the stock look for the end can.

P.S. As for the Elantra sounding like a sports bike, I'm sure you mean a Yamaha RX 100
Exactly my thoughts, RX 100 exhaust note . No offence intended. Since, the tail-pipe resembled the stock one, I thought it was the stock exhaust. i must have understood that it is a FFE indeed (the stock one does not sound as sweet as yours)

BTW, whats the make of the alloys and the tires, specs please.

Last edited by wanderlustindia : 29th July 2008 at 16:50.
Old 29th July 2008, 16:56   #10
BHPian

the alloys are Hijoin #333, 17 inch. The tires are Michelin Pilot Preceda II, 17/45/225
Old 29th July 2008, 16:56   #11
Senior - BHPian

argghhhh... WSI, I should have taken a peek when your lancer overtook my Baleno. Dunno why, I had the strange feeling that it was your Lancer.

I had even asked Shrivz how come you werent coming and he said he didnt have your number. Hope you didnt settle the debt with the chaiwala from the last trip you guys did .

PS: Will upload the pics shortly.
Old 29th July 2008, 20:40   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

So.... where are the pictures? Wo sind die fotos? Phutva kahan hai?
Old 29th July 2008, 20:42   #13
Senior - BHPian

Here are the pics from the drive. WanderlustIndia, I hope you dont mind me posting the pics on this thread, considering that the last pic is that of your car

Drive to Lavasa-p6120075.jpg

Drive to Lavasa-p6120078.jpg

Drive to Lavasa-p6120081.jpg

Drive to Lavasa-p6120090.jpg

Drive to Lavasa-p6120092.jpg

Name:  P6120093.JPG
Views: 2043
Size:  142.2 KB

Drive to Lavasa-p6120094.jpg

Drive to Lavasa-p6120097.jpg

Drive to Lavasa-p6120099.jpg

Drive to Lavasa-p6120100.jpg

Drive to Lavasa-p6120101.jpg

Drive to Lavasa-p6120111.jpg
Old 29th July 2008, 21:42   #14
Senior - BHPian

Awesome. How were the roads guys..??? This looks like an awesome place for a drive. Love the baleno. Looks awesome. Is that a working air scoop...?? Civic looks neat too. Mootooo why didnt you take your car..??

Have never been here and we LAZY MUMBAIYA BOYS have been actually planning a drive from 31ST MAY (moonsoon drive) but ya its been 2mths now and no takers for it. Main reason being Baleno power. But we still planning and lets see how it goes.
Old 29th July 2008, 23:20   #15
Senior - BHPian

@ Spadival:

The pictures are nice.

But the fourth image made me curious. I think that was a dam. Which dam ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks