Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2017, 23:59   #31
BHPian

Nice Amey, looking at the trips you bikers make, I am very tempted to get a bike to join you guys and remember my biking days 10 years back. But my family compulsions don't allow that now. I have set a target that I will buy a bike in next 2 years. Hopefully the Indian bike scene will be more advanced and matured by then. I will of course look forward to tbhp for guidance on which bike to buy. After all it's unparalleled and most trustworthy source of information for making such decisions! Cheer and safe riding!
Old 14th March 2017, 10:18   #32
BHPian

Re: Trip to malshej ghat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashankjk View Post
Nice Amey, looking at the trips you bikers make, I am very tempted to get a bike to join you guys and remember my biking days 10 years back. But my family compulsions don't allow that now. I have set a target that I will buy a bike in next 2 years. Hopefully the Indian bike scene will be more advanced and matured by then. I will of course look forward to tbhp for guidance on which bike to buy. After all it's unparalleled and most trustworthy source of information for making such decisions! Cheer and safe riding!
Thanks Shashankjk. Nice to hear that you feel inspired by our posts and rides. As we say in the biking community, it's now or never for the same reason that we get married; have children and then life and priority changes completely. However, we do not notice that our age is also flowing away with time and loose the peak opportunity.

I would suggest to think of buying a bike immediately for the same reason and not loose further time unless you have major things lined up.

All the best!

Cheers,
Amey
Old 14th March 2017, 11:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
TBHPians and our biker buddies went to Malshej yesterday.

All in all a great long ride to wrapup the long weekend!

Ah Malshej!!! What memories, thanks for the pics. This used to be a compulsory destination during monsoons for us back then(2007-09) while in Pune. Lovely place

Here's one from monsoon 2008.

Trip to Malshej Ghat-181640_183811011654177_6688437_n.jpg

Last edited by SoumenD : 14th March 2017 at 11:33.
Old 7th June 2017, 20:56   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
TBHPians and our biker buddies went to Malshej yesterday.

Monaro CV 8 (ST3), Siddy (white Duke 390), Amey Kulkarni (Ninja), Dr Tarun (Biker buddy, Z800), Tushar (Biker buddy, Black Duke 390), Prateek (Black Duke 390)

Route - Chandni Chowk, Pune > Nashik Phata > Alephata > Malshej > Khopoli > Chandni Chowk, Pune
Hi Amey,
Is this route that you had taken? I am planning to go next month by car. How are the roads. I normally used to take the Narayangaon-Junnar route which though is scenic has bad roads. Am planning to start by 1:00 in the afternoon. Please advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Trip to Malshej Ghat-malshej-route.jpg  

Last edited by rakesh_r : 7th June 2017 at 20:57.
Old 8th June 2017, 10:26   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Hi Amey,
Is this route that you had taken? I am planning to go next month by car. How are the roads. I normally used to take the Narayangaon-Junnar route which though is scenic has bad roads. Am planning to start by 1:00 in the afternoon. Please advice.
Bang On! This was the one!

The roads when we went were great. The Nashik highway is a little crowded till you reach Alephata due to construction of four lane roads in between patches.

Alephata to MTDC Malshej or even after Malshej ghat is great with the newly liad tarmac; just a few cracks at the peak point of the ghat.

Just beware of the landslides that happen at Malshej ghat in Monsoons.

Cheers,
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 10:41   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I am planning to go next month by car. Please advice.
Quote:
Alephata to MTDC Malshej or even after Malshej ghat is great with the newly liad tarmac; just a few cracks at the peak point of the ghat.
Beware of drunkards too. Drunk people doing antics under a road side waterfall or trying to cross the road are a genuine hazard.
Keep your headlights ON and honk at every blind turn.
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 15:50   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bang On! This was the one!

The roads when we went were great. The Nashik highway is a little crowded till you reach Alephata due to construction of four lane roads in between patches.

Cheers,
Amey
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Beware of drunkards too. Drunk people doing antics under a road side waterfall or trying to cross the road are a genuine hazard.
Keep your headlights ON and honk at every blind turn.
Many thanks for the suggestion guys . I normally steer clear of the waterfall unless and until it's safe.
Old 21st June 2017, 13:14   #38
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trip to Malshej Ghat

In order to reach Malshej Ghat, I see that there are two options from Pune. Excluding the common part, the options are as follows:-

Narayangaon - Junnar - Karanjale - Malshej Ghat (approx 45 kms)
Narayangaon - Alephata - Otur - Loni Dhamani - Karanjale - Malshej Ghat. (approx 65 kms)

Recently I had been to Bhandardara and am aware of the road condition till Otur.

As I am still a novice with cars, please advise which one will be the best option amongst the two (or if a third option is there).

Also if someone has visited recently, please share the drive conditions and terrain details. Heard that there is much of hooliganism and uncultured parking on the weekends. Is it the case? Can someone please confirm?

Regards,
Old 2nd August 2017, 15:40   #39
BHPian

Has anyone been to Malshej ghat off late ? How is the road condition ? I plan to visit bhimashankar this weekend via Malshej. Any information on road condition will be a great help.
Old 2nd August 2017, 16:05   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabareesh View Post
Has anyone been to Malshej ghat off late ? How is the road condition ? I plan to visit bhimashankar this weekend via Malshej. Any information on road condition will be a great help.
Road condition is good post Murbad as usual (beware of the sudden speed breaker after Naneghat). The ghat section is rough as always. Post ghat, road is good.
Dodge_Viper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 19:18   #41
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone please advise on the current road condition at Malshej? Planning for a trip this weekend. A timely response will help.

If not Malshej, then what's option. Planning for a one day trip (for 13th)
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 20:00   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Can anyone please advise on the current road condition at Malshej? Planning for a trip this weekend. A timely response will help.

Was there ~2 weeks ago, the roads up to Kalyan are so so, like all city roads, past Kalyan the roads are all good, undivided though. There were almost no potholes 2 weeks ago, however, there has been a LOT of rains since then, so be careful driving nonetheless. If you are in a 4 wheeler, you should be okay.

Expect beautiful views and water falling onto the road itself in a couple of places just before the MTDC resort.

Caution: However, the entire area has warnings about falling rocks, so be careful. Also, the warning not written anywhere is that every tom, dick and harry and his aunt uncle and extended family will be out there on weekends trying to have a good time, so be prepared for traffic.

If you end up planning a stay, the only place you can really stay is the MTDC resort, which will likely be booked over the weekend.

Suggestions: Go during the week if you can, the experience will be far better.

Alternative: Lonavala, short enough to do in a day, however again traffic woes are a certainty.

Other destinations may be too far to return in a day given weather/road conditions. If you do, Matheran may be a good alternative. Else, Mahabaleshwar, Lavasa are other options for overnights.
varunsangal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 08:32   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone please advise on the current road condition at Malshej?
Road condition should be good. However, this region is known for landslides in beginning of monsoon. With current continuous rains, tourist travel to Malshej has been banned till 31st July 2019, related news.

Quote:
Any weekend travel these days would mean heavy crowds, keep couple of hours as buffer and carry along enough water, food.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 09:15   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Road via Alephata should be good, nice and winding roads. Avoid Narayangaon-Junnar stretch. Please be careful since Malshej is prone to landslides.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 12th July 2019 at 09:25.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 13:12   #45
Senior - BHPian

Thank you all for your timely suggestions. Malshej planned dropped. Plan to go for Bhimashankar instead.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks