Team-BHP - Trip to Malshej Ghat
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Trip to Malshej Ghat (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/43254-trip-malshej-ghat.html)

Hi everybody,
Recently I did this trip to malshej ghat, this is my second trip in two months, We started at 1.30 PM from Borivali and reached there at 5.00 PM. The highlight of my trip was clear roads with lot of greenery and thick dense fog.Total KM 250 round trip, I was back in Borivali at 10.00Pm. Will write more about this later, For now enjoy some lovelly snaps.

Great Photographs. Waiting for a report on this short trip of yours.

wow , those are some really nice pictures . I was planning a weekend trip to this place with a couple of friends , in mid august . and your pictures just inspired to confirm that plan.

But do you have any pointers for speding a day there ? Sort of planning to go there early morning and come back next day early morning. Is accomodation available ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellstar (Post 921417)
wow , those are some really nice pictures . I was planning a weekend trip to this place with a couple of friends , in mid august . and your pictures just inspired to confirm that plan.

But do you have any pointers for speding a day there ? Sort of planning to go there early morning and come back next day early morning. Is accomodation available ?

Yes accomodation is available ( MTDC has very good rooms and independent bunglow ), but there is a catch here, all the rooms are full on weekend till august end. If you have to stay there one day then you have to be there in the middle of the weeK.
Yes I will do post some more snaps.

The road in the first pic looks amazing, the way it's standing up at the far end! The second pic is lovely! Liked the other ones too.

MTDC (the building in the photos) has got a resort in Malshej Ghat - great location. Acco is basic. Besides, there are a couple of private hotels further down the road, but very uninspiring.

The best idea for Malshej Ghat is to climb up Harishchandraghat which is around 10 kms from Malshej. It is a full-day's climb, but may be slippery in the rains.

The bad thing about Malshej is that it attracts day-trippers in droves and the roads get choked up with drunkards and other revellers.

Do you encounter Naneghat section while going to Malshej?

Don't know what the ghat is called, but route is via Kalyan, Murbad and Sarlagaon. The road is State Highway to Ahmednagar, and beyond Malshej Ghat, road goes via Junnar to Alephate on the Pune-Nashik road, near Sangamaner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha1 (Post 921520)
Do you encounter Naneghat section while going to Malshej?

Yes there was a sign post which says nane ghat, but please do confirm from pune guys if you are comming from pune.

Excellent pictures. Not only lovely, but some pictures are scary too :)

1st and 2nd pictures are clear. After that, I think the lens became dirty and you didn't bother to clean it :D

Just kidding, superb pictures.

Nice picutres.
The driving conditions are dangerous because of fog. But your Zen's eyes are quite strong.
Have you fitted in new head lamp bulbs ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 921791)
Nice picutres.
The driving conditions are dangerous because of fog. But your Zen's eyes are quite strong.
Have you fitted in new head lamp bulbs ?

Yes I have upgrated to 100/130 Philips vision

Here are some more snaps

Quote:

Originally Posted by udaydesai (Post 921863)
Here are some more snaps

Snaps are missing !!