Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2008, 15:52   #1
BHPian

A quite weekend at dapoli-Heaven

I planned my weekend at dapoli 285Km from Mumbai,Took me around 6 hrs to reach there,but it was worth it. Will write more for the time enjoy some snaps.
uday
Attached Thumbnails
A quite weekend at dapoli-Heaven-img_0775.jpg  

A quite weekend at dapoli-Heaven-img_0796.jpg  

A quite weekend at dapoli-Heaven-img_0799.jpg  

A quite weekend at dapoli-Heaven-img_0842.jpg  

A quite weekend at dapoli-Heaven-img_0873.jpg  

A quite weekend at dapoli-Heaven-img_0880.jpg  

A quite weekend at dapoli-Heaven-img_0914.jpg  

A quite weekend at dapoli-Heaven-img_0916.jpg  

A quite weekend at dapoli-Heaven-img_0924.jpg  

A quite weekend at dapoli-Heaven-img_0937.jpg  

Old 11th August 2008, 16:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

nice pics.
did you visited karde beach?
i am planning to visit this place on 14th aug.
did you stay at aryavrat at dapoli?
Old 11th August 2008, 16:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

Its pouring travelogues in here. Interesting.
Green, green & green . Great pictures. I liked the droplets on the leaf. I think if it was PP with some glossy finish, would look excellent.
Waiting for more details, do include about your car.
Old 12th August 2008, 10:06   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
nice pics.
did you visited karde beach?
i am planning to visit this place on 14th aug.
did you stay at aryavrat at dapoli?
Yes we did stayed at Aryavarta and this place is very good to relaxe my advice to you go there to enjoy. No I did not visit Karde beach. I went there on 9th and was back in mumbai on 10th evening, total Km 580. excellent place my wife enjoyed every moment of it.My car was Zen LXI and was plesure to drive. It was rainning very heavelly when I reached dapoli.
Old 12th August 2008, 10:19   #5
BHPian

here is my car's snap, Will write about my trip in detail with all road info later
Attached Thumbnails
A quite weekend at dapoli-Heaven-img_0852.jpg  

Old 12th August 2008, 12:17   #6
BHPian

Nice pics. We are really lucky to be living in this part of the Sahyadris. I would say every part of India has something worth admiring

BTW can you share how one reaches Dapoli from Pune?

I have heard that there is some amount of water flooding there with the incessant rains over the last two days there. Hence, it looks like you made it at the right time there.
Old 7th November 2008, 12:06   #7
BHPian

Edit - A quite weekend at Dapoli - Heaven

Hi

Sorry guys I could not write about Dapoli as I was very busy with my office work. Did find some time for this write-up so here it goes

Route : Mumbai - Goa road NH17 - Mahad - Khed Junction to daploi and then left to murud / karde or straight to harnai anjarale . It may take you around 5 hours .
Total - 285 Km

We started early morning at 6.00 AM, being a rainy day I wanted to enjoy this ride. I and my wife was soon on NH 17 i.e Mumbai –Goa highway. We made our first halt at Kamats for a good heavy breakfast. Rains has just stopped and driving was much more enjoyable. My wife started clicking photos as we proceed towards Dapoli . I have done my bookings at Aaryawartha , it has some lovely bungalows, for every size of family , right from 2BHK bungalow to 4BHK bungalow. I had booked a 2BHK bungalow. The package includes breakfast, lunch & dinner. Bookings were done one week before.

We passed Raigad and soon we were on Kashid ghat, its one of the beautiful ghat. I always stop by on this ghat and enjoy the view spend some time on this ghat clicked some pic and moved on , We reached Khed and from this junction take a right turn and proceed towards Dapoli. Now it started raining and suddenly the view was hampered I slow down a bit. After a brief spell the rain stopped, From Khed to Dapoli the roads were very good with greenery every where very less traffic and terrific to drive. I made it to our hotel at around 2.00 PM. Checked into our bungalow. It has awesome view over looking down a hill . I fact this hotel is built on a small hill. I was spell bound by the beauty of this place.
We had our lunch , the lunch it self was very refreshing, you have lot of variety to eat. Only veg lunch was served, If you need non-veg then you have to tell them well in advance. anyway we retire to our bungalow, and selected the 1st floor bedroom which had a huge balcony. Now it was raining very heavily and we could not even see any thing outside. We then had a good sleep after a long drive.

Got up at 4.30 PM and decided to have a look at murud beach which is 5 Km from the hotel. The beach when we reached was deserted not a soul around , I guess since it was raining no one tuned up. To be frank with you all I myself did not like this beach as the sand was black which gave a dull look to this beach.
We decided to move out after spending some time on the beach as it was getting dark we did not go to Anjarle .

We retire back to our hotel. Spend our evening relaxing and had our dinner at around 10.00 PM and went back to sleep.

Next morning we decided to explore the surrounding, the morning was really good with breath of fresh air, we took our coffee cup along with us the air was cold after a very heavy rain , we sat down on a park bench looking towards a lake sniping our hot coffee, how the time went by we could not re collect. Decided to have a very breakfast as I was feeling hungry.
After a good breakfast we relaxed in our room and at 11.00 Am we checked out , I went to reception to pay the bill and to my surprise that my total expense including breakfast, lunch and dinner and rent
was --- 2000 Rs only and add to that another 1000/- for petrol. My total expense for this trip 3000 rs only.

I made out of Dapoli still in deep thought as how good this trip had been for me & my wife. I made it back to Mumbai by the same rout but this time I made a long halt on kashid ghat and spend one hour under water fall . Made it back to Borivali by 6.00 Pm

regards
Old 7th November 2008, 15:46   #8
BHPian

I am attaching one last snap
Old 7th November 2008, 22:18   #9
BHPian

Quote:
We passed Raigad and soon we were on Kashid ghat, its one of the beautiful ghat
Do you mean to say Kashedi ghat?

Kashid is another lovely beach-town near Mumbai
Old 7th November 2008, 23:42   #10
BHPian

Udaydesi,
Lovely Lavish green pics. Nice travelogue , Please continue script with pix
Old 8th November 2008, 00:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

Nice place, lots of greenery, good photos.
The first photo with the roads through the greens look good.
Old 8th November 2008, 03:58   #12
BHPian

Hi Uday,

Looks like lot of people are exploring the country in the rains nowadays. More power to the roaming spirit of people!
And nice pictures, boss! Liked the first one especially. Btw, which camera you used?
Ranjith
Old 9th November 2008, 12:17   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@uday:We passed Raigad
uday,
as you mentioned, do you mean raigad district? raigad fort is not on way of nh17. it is almost 30 km off road.
it seems that you have visited only murud beach and remaining time spent in hotel only. dapoli area is blessed with beautiful beaches and temples. you could have more fun if visited to harne, anjarle temple, karde beach.
Old 9th November 2008, 13:00   #14
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics...Green, greener and greenest. Good to see the greenery around in all your pics. BTW, you just reviewed a 3 month old travelogue. Did you visit to this place once again?
Old 11th November 2008, 10:32   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Nice pics...Green, greener and greenest. Good to see the greenery around in all your pics. BTW, you just reviewed a 3 month old travelogue. Did you visit to this place once again?
Like I said I was very busy and could not post my review, that's why the delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
uday,
as you mentioned, do you mean raigad district? raigad fort is not on way of nh17. it is almost 30 km off road.
it seems that you have visited only murud beach and remaining time spent in hotel only. dapoli area is blessed with beautiful beaches and temples. you could have more fun if visited to harne, anjarle temple, karde beach.
yes I know but went there just to relax and not to venture out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty Nair View Post
Hi Uday,

Looks like lot of people are exploring the country in the rains nowadays. More power to the roaming spirit of people!
And nice pictures, boss! Liked the first one especially. Btw, which camera you used?
Ranjith
Thx mate , I use cannon, 10 mega pix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitaparadh View Post
Do you mean to say Kashedi ghat?

Kashid is another lovely beach-town near Mumbai
sorry mate must have mis spelt it. thx for correcting me.

i am attaching one more snap.
Attached Thumbnails
A quite weekend at dapoli-Heaven-img_0881.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks