Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2008, 23:05   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by druva View Post
I usually carry a leather jacket which I have used @ New York and Swiss during snow.. However my friends laughed and said I would need the purkha type of jackets to withstand the sub zero temparatures. Also I am pretty much used to Chennai weather now and anything below zero would be shocking :-)

I would be working in Stockholm and was planning to travel to Kiruna or other places to see the Aurora. Hopefully I can see it over a weekend.
You have to understand that over here minus temperature is much more comfortable than say +2 to 5C because of low humidity. Its all about chill factor. In fact -5C is extremly comfortable temp and specially on a sunny day.

In Kiruna they also have the famous ice hotel, but i guess you have to be there in proper winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhrozenFire View Post
Or it helps them keep their carefully maintained image going! Not unlike a fair number of Indian billionaires . He has several palatial houses and mansions in Switzerland and other exotic locales.
Ingvar Kamprad is a really weird person and extreme miser, he still uses buses and local public transportation when travelling within Sweden.
Old 21st August 2008, 10:21   #32
Senior - BHPian

Acclamatization Issue

Hai Ashran,

Thanks for sharing your lovely photos and travalogue, looking forward to more from you.

I guess temp. is an issue of acclamatization. Remember 15 years back when we were halidaying at Kovalam, Kerala, in the rainy season, it was rainy and pretty cold around 12 C (very cold for Kerala) we were sittting around the swimming pool trying to keep our young son wrapped up in towels and off the water, lest he'd catch a cold.

A Russian guest on the pool asked us what were we trying to do, so we explained, he looked at us in amazement. He started jogging around the pool and did not get inside the pool so I asked him if he's exercising, he said, "I don't want to get into the water, its too hot for me", we were surprised. He said he's from north of Moscow and it goes down to -30 in winter, so I guess its a matter of acclamatization.

Happy Driving,

--Ramky

============

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks