Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2008, 14:43   #1
BHPian

bangalore to pondicherry some tips..

here are some tips for pondicherry visitors..

1. You can directly reach Attibele near Hosur by taking the Sarjapur road near Bellandur signal, or even better by taking the Varthur Road near Whitefield. Depending on the time of the day this can save you substantial time.

2. After Tiruvannamalai, don't take the direct road to Vilupuram. This stretch is not good and has traffic. Instead you can take the Gingee fort-Vilupuram-Pondicherry. Till Vilupuram, this has good roads and less traffic. You can even attempt driving via Gingee fort-Tindivanam-Pondicherry, the roads I guess will be better than via Vilupuram.

3. In Pondicherry, a city hotel that I will recommend highly is Hotel Jayaram in Kamaraj Salai. It is vegetarian and has no bar. But you are spoilt for choices nearby for non-veg hotels and wine outlets. Hotel Jayaram costs Rs. 900/- to Rs. 1300/- for rooms and these were very neat, well maintained and well served.

4. While at Pondicherry, you can visit Pichavaram Mangrove Forests on a day trip. It is near Chidambaram and 95kms from Pondicherry. While at Pichavaram, do also visit Muluguthurai - a virgin beach beyond backwaters and no humans/no supplies. A 3-5km beach stretch all for yourself. But do take picnic food hampers and water for sure. If possible carry beach umbrella, recliners and some beer too.

5. I heard some bachelor friendly interesting stuff happens at Hotel Mass. People so inclined can enquire with their chennai friends.. ;-)
Old 13th August 2008, 15:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineOptimist View Post

4. While at Pondicherry, you can visit Pichavaram Mangrove Forests on a day trip. It is near Chidambaram and 95kms from Pondicherry. While at Pichavaram, do also visit Muluguthurai - a virgin beach beyond backwaters and no humans/no supplies. A 3-5km beach stretch all for yourself. But do take picnic food hampers and water for sure. If possible carry beach umbrella, recliners and some beer too.
Do you have take the TTDC Pichavaram boats to get to the Muluguthurai Beach? Do all sightseeing boats go or are there special boats to get there?
Old 13th August 2008, 15:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
5. I heard some bachelor friendly interesting stuff happens at Hotel Mass. People so inclined can enquire with their chennai friends.. ;-)
I guess this should be in Route/Travel queries section.
Anyway, the "perumai" of MASS has reached a lot of mass it seems

Verum Kelvi nyanan than, not yet visited... he he he
Old 13th August 2008, 16:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whatz this? Are you givng some pointers to the bachelor friends in this forum?

Thanks for tips.
Old 13th August 2008, 20:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I heard some bachelor friendly interesting stuff happens at Hotel Mass. People so inclined can enquire with their chennai friends.. ;-)
I have seen the so called "bachelor friendly interesting stuff" at Hotel Mass, when I was a Bachelor.
It is hilarious, guys you've got to see it once.
Old 13th August 2008, 20:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
I have seen the so called "bachelor friendly interesting stuff" at Hotel Mass, when I was a Bachelor.
Hari don't think that happens anymore. Atleast in the last 3/4 years time haven't witnessed such a thingy. The management has changed since and they even run a Hotel Management College now.

edit :

They are a 3 star hotel in the city.Times have changed.
Old 13th August 2008, 20:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

I know someone in Mass. Nothing of that sort happens these days. They have restructured the place and are being more family friendly.

Anyone on the Pichavaram update?
Old 13th August 2008, 20:53   #8
Senior - BHPian

Oh, okay, anyway like I said, it was long ago (more than 10 yrs) that I have witnessed the spectacle.
Old 13th August 2008, 21:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Oh, okay, anyway like I said, it was long ago (more than 10 yrs) that I have witnessed the spectacle.
Hope your wife is not reading this thread
Old 14th August 2008, 11:03   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Do you have take the TTDC Pichavaram boats to get to the Muluguthurai Beach? Do all sightseeing boats go or are there special boats to get there?
No. TTDC hasn't yet stamped Muluguthurai officially. There are no government boats. There are no signboards too. As Tsunami rehabilitation a few dozen houses have been built and roads laid to reach these houses. We can take advantage of these roads and get information from the locals at Killai village (near Pichavaram) to reach Muluguthurai.

Five or six diesel motor boats are run by private people to ferry across backwaters to the beach. It is quite popular among the college goers in Chidambaram. Kindly also carry a weapon just in case. We carried an 'aruva' thankfully didn't get a chance to use it.. :-)

The beach is nice, waters are rough and the experience is awesome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks