Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2008, 08:23   #16
Team-BHP Support

Hey, that was a nice and different travelogue, written from the female perspective. We need more of this on Team-BHP.
Old 22nd August 2008, 11:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

nice Travelogue and i think the 1st one from the women to be posted on the travelogue, i have read a women psoting for a route enquiry but not a travelogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlieonwheels View Post

Believe me you cannot ever trust India and Indian police, and I know getting stuck on the road late in the night as a couple is like inviting trouble.

Nice pictures along with the travelogue and to be away from such kind of cops its better to keep a marriage certificate in your car dash box along with other car documents
Old 22nd August 2008, 12:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Now my personal tips:
  • The walk on the mall road is worth it. It’s romantic and nice. Keep at least 4 hours for this walk and take it easy.
You said what I always say to all here who claim that Shimla is not worth.

I still feel its fun to spend some time on mall road after visit shimla so many time.

Very good trip/suggestions and pics.
Old 22nd August 2008, 18:00   #19
BHPian

Very nice writeup.
Reading it and looking at pictures just refreshes memories.
Although, Shimla is less than 3 hours drive from my place.
And, we have a small cottage in BAROG (midway to shimla, 1-1/2 hour drive from my place). Cottage is on a hill, you have to go a little offroad, It has a very nice view. I visit there often. Very soothing.
Old 23rd August 2008, 19:21   #20
BHPian

I wanted to thank you all once again to appreciate and encourage a lady’s perspective towards a travel trip. I understand it is a little different from men, because as per my understanding men see things from a different view point – a view point that’s more world-ly rational. For most women the perception is a mixed balance of emotion and practicality.
Thank you once again.
(This gives me more confidence to use this forum openly to share my thoughts.)
Old 23rd August 2008, 21:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

I would like you to elaborate on this as your analysis has made me curious...

Quote:
as per my understanding men see things from a different view point – a view point that’s more world-ly rational. For most women the perception is a mixed balance of emotion and practicality.
Old 24th August 2008, 08:11   #22
BHPian

Let me use an example to elaborate more on it:

2 people, a guy and a girl once went to see the London’s famous Clock Tower (Big Ben). Looking at it they thought:

Guy :Wow what a machine. That’s huge, what would be the height of this tower, and I guess the weight will be above 10 tons. Did they actually make the whole thing and then transported it here at this place or did they got it here in parts and then assembled it. The machine behind it will be huge too. I wish I could take a look at the machinery. I am sure the ticking of the watch would be heard if I go inside this building. What a beautiful piece of machine…And so on.

Girl :Wow what a beauty. Was it made by a king for his queen whom he loved dearly, I wonder… (Then she smiles) how romantic. Look at the golden color on this monument, how do they manage to keep it so shining in all the weather. People who live around this place don’t actually need a watch, coz they can always peep out of their window and see the time on this clock (she smiles again). I wish I could get a miniature of this monument, and I’ll love to place it in the drawing room side table that’s of black glass. Oh, its 3 pm already, how fast time moves. Yesterday at 3 I was with my mom, she is so lovable. I wish mom was also here with me, I’ll bring her along next time. …And so on.

The above explains what I was saying.
Old 24th August 2008, 19:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

I get the drift. Sigh, the perspectives are as different as chalk & cheese. Thank you...
Old 24th August 2008, 23:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let me use an example to elaborate more on it:

2 people, a guy and a girl once went to see the London’s famous Clock Tower (Big Ben). Looking at it they thought:

Guy :Wow what a machine. .... What a beautiful piece of machine…And so on.

Girl :Wow what a beauty. Was it made by a king for his queen whom he loved dearly, I wonder… (…And so on.

The above explains what I was saying.
Wow, wow!! That really sums up the whole thing.. BTW nice travelog..
Old 25th August 2008, 13:45   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
I get the drift. Sigh, the perspectives are as different as chalk & cheese. Thank you...
That's what makes this world a better place to live in..!
At least it add's a lot of spice to life
Old 25th August 2008, 15:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

Ummm...guys are more practical you see. We cannot imagine romantic things just by seeing the clock. Hope the guy you are speaking about is an engineer.
Old 29th August 2008, 15:51   #27
BHPian

[quote=girlieonwheels;944980]First the bad part:
Attachment 40150
Ignore the road in the picture above; just see the clouds and the weather. Such bad roads cannot discourage true travel lovers.

Please change your Wipers as they are leaving a streak on the windshiled which might result in a scratch on the windshield...
Old 29th August 2008, 17:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please change your Wipers as they are leaving a streak on the windshiled which might result in a scratch on the windshield...
Well this is the best part of it. Lol
@girlonwheels this was the perspective you were talking about right
Old 30th August 2008, 00:22   #29
BHPian

shimla in moonsoon is very much fun, and if its crowded start driving towards 'faagu' to next destination whiich would be a small place by name of Thiog. but the drive is much worth it and for the codrivers seat, the scenery is amazing and romantic too. do remember driving their in Indica...during moonsoon... and halway when rain started, wipers stopped moving. Vista I guess is much more reliable then first lot of Indica which we had
Old 30th August 2008, 08:47   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Warrior View Post
Where did you see that mark? I mean in which picture?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks