Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2008, 15:51   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Good. So here comes the travelogues for those pictures you posted in your ownership records.
Spotted the Fox too, great. Keep them coming. Waiting for more details and pictures.
It was a wonderful experience mjothi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
Cool. I like the snaps where you have railway track and a small stream. The shots of both the vehicles crossing the stream are good. Looking forward to further updates and snaps.
Hey..that was not a railway track.It was a road bridge and washed away in forest flood.people say....if the rain is heavy and forest flood comes throught the stream,then we cannot come out of the place with our vechiles till the water level goes down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
srini
nice pictures of the wildlife - wondering was that a jackal or a fox - looks like a jackal from this photo - distance. But with the bushy tail and pointed face it possibly is a fox.
enjoy!
Hi,i really dont know may be a jackal...But,people around said its a fox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
very nice pictures my friend i see that you ride is getting up close and personal with some of the vegetation inturding on the road , hope there are no premenant remenants of such encounters left on your vehicle.

The the pictures keep coming .....
Not much....but some.Cant help it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Nice Travelogue Srini and amazing pics..Must have been quite a nostalgic meet and reliving those beautiful college / hostel days

I am sure the bull enjoyed the 40km drive to the hut. Amazing scenary there !! Keep them coming

Abhi
yes Roy,It was really a nostalgic meet and we travelled back to the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Nice pics and tavelogue. You took the Bull into the forest? That's good mild off roading you had in the forests with the Bull. How was the sound of forests in night? Was it scaring?
I enjoyed a lot,and It was really scaring for some of my friends.That made us really going great pulling them down.
Old 21st August 2008, 16:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey Srinivas great pictures and an even great location, so this is what you meant by not being in town to design stickers huh?

Anyway, could you share the details of the place as in how to book, costs, how many people can be accomodated, whether it can be with family etc etc.
Regards,
Hari.
Old 21st August 2008, 16:54   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Hey Srinivas great pictures and an even great location, so this is what you meant by not being in town to design stickers huh?

Anyway, could you share the details of the place as in how to book, costs, how many people can be accomodated, whether it can be with family etc etc.
Regards,
Hari.
Thats right Hari
The booking has to be done with the above address with the DFO,ooty.I have given you the charges too.It will be good if someone helps you at ooty.It has 3 rooms,2 bed room and 1 hall. one bed room has 3 cots and other has 2 cots. They have around 25 blankets and some mats too.We can manage up to around 10 to 15 people. But family....... unless the whole family likes the wilderness you can give a try. Even if one dosent like.... Then its going to be really tough.

Better to have more male members who are really tough when with family/women/children.
Old 21st August 2008, 17:12   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hey is the second last photo taken near near Glen Morgan Estate?

and how do you reach mukruthi from ooty ?
Old 21st August 2008, 23:01   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
Hey is the second last photo taken near near Glen Morgan Estate?

and how do you reach mukruthi from ooty ?
yes the second last photo was taken on my way back to bangalore.....think its near Glen Morgan.

OOty - theetukal - parsons valley - porthi mund - fishing hut.
Old 22nd August 2008, 11:55   #21
BHPian

Awesome. This is one place I always wanted to go. Had seen it while trekking in that area but had no idea how to go about it. Would you have the phone number of the place from where you took the necessary permits?

Thanks and regards
Old 22nd August 2008, 12:08   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianrunner View Post
Awesome. This is one place I always wanted to go. Had seen it while trekking in that area but had no idea how to go about it. Would you have the phone number of the place from where you took the necessary permits?

Thanks and regards

Hi indianrunner,
The phone number as mentioned in the receipt is 447167.
Old 8th September 2008, 22:11   #23
Senior - BHPian

Srini,

Some how missed this travelogue of yours!

A wonderful one! Its always nostalgic to get time to spend with your old time friends and to re-visit all those things that one has done! You are lucky, my friend! :-)

And its great to see the BULL being put to very good use. You did say that certain sections needed 4x4, but it seems like you were able to do them with you BULL itself! Great!

And lastly, wonderful location. As you said, it will be tough to spend time with family and kids. Best is to do as you did. have a guys time out!

And your ride, with the dirt covered wheels, looks smashing!
Old 9th September 2008, 16:04   #24
BHPian

Hi happyWheels,
Its a great meet for us and we enjoyed every bit of it.This meet has made me think to have more visits to that kind of places with my bull.
Yes,people said we need a 4X4 but i wanted to try with my bull and i did it. It was great driving through some slushy road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Srini,

Some how missed this travelogue of yours!

A wonderful one! Its always nostalgic to get time to spend with your old time friends and to re-visit all those things that one has done! You are lucky, my friend! :-)

And its great to see the BULL being put to very good use. You did say that certain sections needed 4x4, but it seems like you were able to do them with you BULL itself! Great!

And lastly, wonderful location. As you said, it will be tough to spend time with family and kids. Best is to do as you did. have a guys time out!

And your ride, with the dirt covered wheels, looks smashing!
Old 16th September 2008, 20:25   #25
BHPian

Bglsrini , good travelogue , your bull pics are very good., few pics says only Big bulls (4X4) can only do the , its very interesting to hear water flowing sound, no power ,no cell transmission .Only your car sound and lavish greenery. One thing is for sure once in a year one trip like this can refresh our mind set for up coming year.
Old 17th September 2008, 18:31   #26
BHPian

Thank you, potlaravi.
You are correct a trip like this a year is always great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by potlaravi View Post
Bglsrini , good travelogue , your bull pics are very good., few pics says only Big bulls (4X4) can only do the , its very interesting to hear water flowing sound, no power ,no cell transmission .Only your car sound and lavish greenery. One thing is for sure once in a year one trip like this can refresh our mind set for up coming year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks