Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2008, 12:20   #16
BHPian

Hey Raps, the place and the pics are simply awesome! thanks for sharing with us!
Old 27th August 2008, 18:33   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Hey Raps,

Very interesting place. This time I will visit this Shirley Falls for sure. Can you tell me vehicles like Force gurkha or what they call Tempo Trax Jeep sort of vehicle will go there ? I mean is there that much width in that road?

Is it 2km from highway or 2 km trekk ?

Do let me know, I will prepare my gang to visit this falls when I visit my native next week.

Regards,

Ravi.
Hey Ravi,

Its a 2km from highway and not 2km trek. Yes, you can trek but it would be an road trek and not much fun. You can take trax but the width reduces as you travel down to the falls. The last stop you hit is a house, where in the vehicle needs to be parked and walk down the falls (i guess its just a 5mnts walk).

Enjoy the trip and do write in your experiences.

Cheers,
Raps
Old 28th August 2008, 01:25   #18
BHPian

Awesome pictures, Raps! Especially liked the one taken from the bike with the speedo showing 66 kmph. Was it taken by you or by someone riding pillion?
And yes, I agree with snaonikar completely that more details of the trip would make it more interesting to read the travelogue.
Old 28th August 2008, 15:27   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty Nair View Post
Awesome pictures, Raps! Especially liked the one taken from the bike with the speedo showing 66 kmph. Was it taken by you or by someone riding pillion?
And yes, I agree with snaonikar completely that more details of the trip would make it more interesting to read the travelogue.
Hey Nutty Nair,

Soon I will come up with the details of the trip and some more photos too.

Cheers,
Raps
Old 28th August 2008, 23:29   #20
BHPian

Hubli - Dandeli - Yellapur - back to Hubli.

Bike - Pulsar 200
Date - 16th Aug 2008
Disatance covered - 235kms
mileage - not calculated
Max Speed reached - 115kmph while coming back from Yellapur to Hubli.

Hubli (Navanar) - Dharwad (10kms) - Haliyal (35kms) - Yellapur (50kms) - Shirley Falls (12kms) - Magod Falls (25kms) - Yellapur (20kms) - Hubli (80kms)

I had planned to ride the bike from Bangalore until last the day I had changed plans and went by train. Also got the bike with me in a brake van on 15th night. I was feeling so depressed that I could not take my bike, the reason being that weekend it was raining like cats and Dogs. This made me to change my plan. The bike was not mine as it was my wifey's bro', he had got the bike to Bangalore for the servicing and to get fixed for some issues.
Planned this trip long back and therefore booked the train tickets before hand, i guess more than a month.
I reached Hubli on 16th Morning and also the bike was in one piece, as I really worried about the bike in brake van. I got the bike out of railway station within 15mnts and reached home around 6.15am.
Had breakfast and started around 10.30am from Hubli. Filled the petrol and started driving towards Dharwad, Hubli - Dharwad intercity, speed limit is 40kmph, limited the speed around 40kmph. I had learned a lesson by paying 300 bucks and booked for overspeeding with the Speed gun from cops. This time I was very careful while driving bike and had this incident in my mind.

Reached Dharwad took a deviation towards Dandeli, thinking that the road would be good. Checked with the locals and said the condition of the road was not so great. Still drove towards Dandeli. First destination was Haliyal around 35kms from Dharwad, but the condition of road was very pathetic.
Took us alomost an hour. When we reached Haliyal, took a right turn towards Dandeli, again the road was very bad with huge potholes.
This made to change our plans as we had seen the beautiful strech from Haliyal to Yellapur of around 50kms. Again checked the locals and they said "Baari road ide sar". Started blasting and reached Yellapur less than an hour, took us around 45mnts. My pillion was taking pics as I was driving. I never wanted this road to end as it was such a scenic, twisty road and no traffic.
Reached Yellapur and started towards Shirley Falls which was around 15kms from Yellapur town. Spent some time there near the falls and again hit back the Ankola highway and came down towards Mogod Falls.
There are good sign board which shows the way for Mogod Falls. AS we travel from Yellapur we need to take a left deviation towards Magod Falls which is around 14kms from the Highway. The road condition is really good as the last 2kms to the falls was tarred for my surprise. We were completely drenched by the time we reached falls around 4pm. Took some snaps and within few mnts the entire valley was covered by fog. We decided to wrap up and started driving back to Hubli. Reached Hubli around 6pm. It was really refreshing drive with serene nature and added to the scenic road.
Attached Thumbnails
Independence '08 Weekend to Shirley and Magod Falls-dscn3842.jpg  

Independence '08 Weekend to Shirley and Magod Falls-dscn3844.jpg  

Independence '08 Weekend to Shirley and Magod Falls-dscn3867.jpg  

Independence '08 Weekend to Shirley and Magod Falls-dscn3871.jpg  

Independence '08 Weekend to Shirley and Magod Falls-dscn3872.jpg  

Independence '08 Weekend to Shirley and Magod Falls-dscn3880.jpg  

Independence '08 Weekend to Shirley and Magod Falls-dscn3893.jpg  

Independence '08 Weekend to Shirley and Magod Falls-dscn3911.jpg  

Independence '08 Weekend to Shirley and Magod Falls-dscn3903.jpg  

Old 28th August 2008, 23:43   #21
BHPian

Nice pictures Man, Need a travelogue to go with it and more pics.

I have rode to yellapur and goa most of the times on the karwar road and been to Magod falls also, but did not come accross Shirley falls before..nice place..

next time i go to Hubli - Will definitely go.
Old 2nd September 2008, 02:15   #22
BHPian

A nice winding road with greenery on either sides, a good bike & a nice waterfall as the destination. Looks like you really enjoyed the ride.
Nice pictures again & thanks for sharing the ride with us.
Old 25th September 2008, 15:17   #23
BHPian

Nice travelogue dude, this must be one of the good biking roads.. will have to do this stretch some time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks