Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2008, 01:11   #61
Senior - BHPian

Dear All,
I am planning a Hyderabad - Gokarna drive this Saturday and following is the route that microsoft (maps.live.co.in) supplied me with)

Hyderabad - Raichur-Sindhunur-Kushtagi-RajendraGarh-Gadag-Hubli/Dharwad-Yellapur-Ankola-Gokarna
My question is - how good is the Sindhunur-Kushtagi-RajendraGarh-Gadag-Hubli/Dharwad-Yellapur-Ankola-Gokarna route..have drive till Sindhunur a couple of time and reasonably satisfied with the roads till then..

Any comments / suggestions will be appreciated
Old 16th December 2008, 14:14   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

[quote=fergus;1023020]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Beginning Note:
The route that we took was quite well deliberated and got some awesome inputs from Ashish Pallod and HV Kumar. Infact, Kumar sent me an excel file with distances
et.all. We just simply took a print-out and whew, was that accurate. Great job guys !!!

Hi mobike,
The travelogue is awesome.A friend is coming down from Goa to my place by car.Could you send me the excel sheet with the distances.I want to pass it over to him as he has not done any long distances.Ill pm my email id if it is ok with you
Thanks,
Fergus
Sorry Fergus, i never saw your message until now. If you had PM'ed me i would have sent you the file immediately. Hope your friend's trip went well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
Dear All,
I am planning a Hyderabad - Gokarna drive this Saturday and following is the route that microsoft (maps.live.co.in) supplied me with)

Hyderabad - Raichur-Sindhunur-Kushtagi-RajendraGarh-Gadag-Hubli/Dharwad-Yellapur-Ankola-Gokarna
My question is - how good is the Sindhunur-Kushtagi-RajendraGarh-Gadag-Hubli/Dharwad-Yellapur-Ankola-Gokarna route..have drive till Sindhunur a couple of time and reasonably satisfied with the roads till then..

As you can read in my travelogue, i took the solapur road and wouldn't know anything about the karnataka side.
Old 16th December 2008, 15:30   #63
BHPian

that's a good one. Nice countryside pictures during monsoon.
Old 16th December 2008, 16:45   #64
BHPian

Nice informative travelogue... pictures, route information, accommodation details and above all the fun.. thanx.
Old 16th December 2008, 18:54   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
Dear All,

I spoke to my friend who travels from Gulbarga to Mangalore frequently using parts of the stretch that you mentioned. He says except an approximate 12 Km stretch between Sindhanoor and Kushtagi(which is very bad) everything else is fine. If you prefer a more scenic route he suggested Gadag-Sirsi-Kumta-Gokarna route. Narrow but decent roads.
Old 17th December 2008, 13:36   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
that's a good one. Nice countryside pictures during monsoon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Nice informative travelogue... pictures, route information, accommodation details and above all the fun.. thanx.

Thanks guys, the best part of my trip to goa was indeed the drive during monsoon period as it was drizzling and the entire goan countryside was lush green. Amazing time to be in Goa!
Old 26th December 2008, 22:34   #67
BHPian

hi mobike,
No problem .They came via hubli raichur and then through hyderabad to my place at miyapur.It was a long ride through busy weekend traffic .Going back I guided them through the Solapur route and they enjoyed the road-very good one and they reached belgaum also very fast.They left Miyapur at 6,30 morning and were in Belgaum by 5 pm.

[quote=mobike008;1095262]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus View Post

Sorry Fergus, i never saw your message until now. If you had PM'ed me i would have sent you the file immediately. Hope your friend's trip went well.

As you can read in my travelogue, i took the solapur road and wouldn't know anything about the karnataka side.
Old 11th June 2010, 08:00   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Route taken ( Both ways) :
Hyderabad Hitech City- Patencheru ( 19km)-Zaheerabad (74km)-Homnabad (56km)-Basavannakalyan (24km)-Maharashtra Border (16km)-Umarga(19km)-Naldurg(42km)-Sholapur BP(42km)-Sholapur BP end
(5km)-Mohol (31km)-Pandharpur (45km)-Sangole (33km)-Nagaj(24km)-Miraj(70km)-Sangli(10km)-Jaisinghpur (10km)-NH4 (32km)-Kolhapur Bypass (2km)-Toll Gate (22km)-Nippani Bypass(15km)-Sankeshwar Bypass (22km)-Turn off NH4-Gandhinglaj-Ajra- Amboli (80km)-Sawantwadi-(25km)-Sawantwadi Bus Stand(0km)-Banda (3km)-GOA BORDER-(3km)-Mapusa(32kms)-Panjim(10kms)
Going through this travelogue to refresh my memory of my own trip to Goa in the days before advent of online maps and GPS and when one strictly relied on asking for directions and road conditions from truck drivers, I came across a small doubt - After you reached Miraj, did you go through the city and take the Miraj-Kolhapur Highway after the bus stand or did you turn right in the begining of the city and then go to Sangli and onwards to Kolhapur?
Old 12th June 2010, 11:51   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
After you reached Miraj, did you go through the city and take the Miraj-Kolhapur Highway after the bus stand or did you turn right in the begining of the city and then go to Sangli and onwards to Kolhapur?
I took the right and went through Sangli towards Kolhapur. When are you driving down?

Btw, even i am poor at understanding online maps and stuff, i depend on directions even now

Most Viewed