Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2008, 22:41   #61
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics, Riju. The one with rainbow is class and stand apart frm the others.
Old 7th September 2008, 22:54   #62
BHPian

RJ: Fantastic write-up and superb photos, sorry, picture postcards! Was waiting for you to complete your travelogue the whole week. You definitely did not disappoint us. Great going. Keep going on your trips and keep posting your photoblogs.
Old 7th September 2008, 23:20   #63
BHPian

RJ: You said "A mileage of 17.48 per ltr was recorded for the whole trip".

WOW! That is one unbelievable FE!! You sure taking care of your babe!
Old 8th September 2008, 09:25   #64
Senior - BHPian

Been following this one Riju... all great stuff. Even though Rainbow pic is beautiful I think my favorites are the one of your lady in the dark and the last one of Mallik.
Old 8th September 2008, 11:32   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
By about 12pm we are in Udupi for the wedding. Spend about an hour at the wedding and after wishing the bride and the groom we take off. Drive past Sharath's office one last time and we pull over at coffee day in Manipal.

This place really $ucks in comparo to the other CD's I have been to. Doesn't have a decent restroom and just in case you wanna kill your taste buds for a change go here. I ordered for a tropical iceberg and Mallik ordered a Chocó frappe. Both of these dint taste anywhere close what it should taste like.

I think it was better bet to go back for lunch to the same restaurant where Samurai had taken us the previous day.Was just the matter of 2 kms or so.
Let me get this right. You all came from Bangalore to attend a wedding in Udupi and didn't have lunch at the wedding.

As everybody knows Udupi restaurants are world famous for their veggie dishes. But you won't find any good veggie restaurant worth the tag "Udupi Restaurant" in the whole Udupi district. I guess all the good Udupi cooks are outside Udupi keeping up the Udupi reputation. The best Udupi restaurants are in Bangalore, while Udupi doesn't have even a decent one.

One exception is the wedding catering, generally they make some of the best veggie meals. That's one of the main reason I attend weddings around here. Last time I managed to drag Rudra into a wedding lunch to give him the taste of it.

So, how did you manage to leave a wedding without having lunch and wander into the worst restaurant in Manipal? That's what happens when you don't consult with the local Team-BHP guide.
Old 8th September 2008, 12:11   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
The best Udupi restaurants are in Bangalore, while Udupi doesn't have even a decent one.
Ok Samurai, let your choice of 'the best Udipi restaurant in Bangalore' be known to all !! I'm hunting for some good Dosa / Coffee, other than those crowned by TimesOfIndia!

cheers!
Srini
Old 8th September 2008, 12:39   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Ok Samurai, let your choice of 'the best Udipi restaurant in Bangalore' be known to all !! I'm hunting for some good Dosa / Coffee, other than those crowned by TimesOfIndia!

cheers!
Srini
I said restaurants, not restaurant, I mean in the collective sense. BTW, it is Udupi, not Udipi. Old timers call it Odpu in native tongue.
Old 8th September 2008, 13:04   #68
Team-BHP Support

Riju, I thought i had gifted you an alloy in the Auto image thread!
Between, did you resize the pics in the last post? They look a tad too tiny.

Good ending, and once again a nice set of pics, which are definitely a highlight in your travelogues.

Till the next one, then.
Old 8th September 2008, 13:17   #69
Senior - BHPian

Sharath have you forgotten about Diana i used to be a big fan of this restaurant but offlate the quality and quantity has gone down

The concept of fast food(Sagar) is not their in Udupi or Mangalore yet...

Quote:
Let me get this right. You all came from Bangalore to attend a wedding in Udupi and didn't have lunch at the wedding.

As everybody knows Udupi restaurants are world famous for their veggie dishes. But you won't find any good veggie restaurant worth the tag "Udupi Restaurant" in the whole Udupi district. I guess all the good Udupi cooks are outside Udupi keeping up the Udupi reputation. The best Udupi restaurants are in Bangalore, while Udupi doesn't have even a decent one.

One exception is the wedding catering, generally they make some of the best veggie meals. That's one of the main reason I attend weddings around here. Last time I managed to drag Rudra into a wedding lunch to give him the taste of it.

So, how did you manage to leave a wedding without having lunch and wander into the worst restaurant in Manipal? That's what happens when you don't consult with the local Team-BHP guide.
Old 8th September 2008, 14:01   #70
BHPian

Quote:
The best Udupi restaurants are in Bangalore, while Udupi doesn't have even a decent one.
Even Mangalore disappointed me. Coming from Chennai, I had great expectations of finding excellent Udupi fare here.

Have to say the prices are much better here. You just can't compare with, say, the HSBs of Chennai.

Last edited by pjay_in : 8th September 2008 at 14:02. Reason: correction
Old 8th September 2008, 14:06   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I said restaurants, not restaurant, I mean in the collective sense. BTW, it is Udupi, not Udipi. Old timers call it Odpu in native tongue.

OOPS! Sorry!
Old 8th September 2008, 14:16   #72
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful Rainbow picture. As usual, great pictures and writeup.
Old 8th September 2008, 22:40   #73
Senior - BHPian

Chaps , thanks all for your compliments. You know its such replies that encourages us to pen down our travel experiences. This is across team-bhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
PS: I think is about time you get out on a trip with tbhpians too or just pull your lady love along with you as well to one of the meets. TBHP family meets are getting popular by the day. We ought to do a nice trip to some place where we could appreciate mother nature at its best.
Rahul yeah will try to make it next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidz View Post
Awesome pics man. Especially the sepia toned sunset shot with the boats pulled up on the beach. As someone has rightly pointed out on this thread, the imagination of the person taking the right shots/angles is as important as the hardware that is being used.

Thanks for the awesome shots!!
Hey buddy thanks for that .

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
RJ: You said "A mileage of 17.48 per ltr was recorded for the whole trip".

WOW! That is one unbelievable FE!! You sure taking care of your babe!
The mantra was simple. We always kept a watch on the tacho's needle and ensured it seldom crossed 2750 rpm. I can just recall a few instances when it touched 3500rpm.
Taking care of the babe , oh yes she has always been close to my heart and kept clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Been following this one Riju... all great stuff. Even though Rainbow pic is beautiful I think my favorites are the one of your lady in the dark and the last one of Mallik.
Anirudh same here man, my fav's have been the silhouettes.

Quote:
Sharath we never wanted to stay back for lunch and the breakfast was a little heavy too.

Quote:
Monsiuer my mistake . Will consult the official and local tbhp guide next time around.
Old 11th September 2008, 21:26   #74
BHPian

Riju,

What can I say?? Awesome photographs Buddy !! You have guaranteed alternate career as a photographer if you wish to !! Makes me want to blow the dust off my Canon and dedicate some time to my photography

keep it up dude !!

badri
Old 12th September 2008, 10:06   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
Makes me want to blow the dust off my Canon and dedicate some time to my photography
So, why not join us here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...a-2nd-one.html

Sorry rj, I am using your thread for an invite

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks