Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2008, 19:38   #16
BHPian

Nice travelogue happy wheels ,i guess the best time one enjoys wayanad is during the monsoon season or is it that you enjoy wayanad any season including summer?
Old 3rd September 2008, 20:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
...I must say that island trip which you did was a nice experience, isnt it?...
Oh yeah! It was a wonderful experience, especially for the small one. She has a hell of a time and that made the experience all the more better. Due to the experience of the guide, we were able to get to the right safe spot for getting into the water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by team suzuki View Post
Nice travelogue happy wheels ,i guess the best time one enjoys wayanad is during the monsoon season or is it that you enjoy wayanad any season including summer?
I would say it is good at any time! :-)

During monsoon, that is during these times, you will find rain most of the time and this will add up to the water level and also make the rivers muddy. It seems it is just this year that they are facing rain only during the noon (it starts around @2.30~3 PM and continues till early morning). Till last year it was raining through out the day during this season. So you can take your pick - do you want to sip a hot cup of coffee, sit lazily and watch the rain as it builds and starts pouring down and wall thru mushy places or prefer some dry walks and climate and clean water?
Old 3rd September 2008, 23:53   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagepoint5 View Post
What is the other places to see around Wayanad or enroute, how far is Palakad, Cunnore from Wayanad, please give details if possible.

1 Day is enough to stay in Wayanad, any hotel for stay, rates,
food type available, etc. Bangalore-Mysore-Outy-Wayanad, how many kilometer = ? Appreciate if given details.

Thanks & Cheers!
Hi VintagePoint5,
Some interesting places in Wynad - Banasura Sagar Dam, Edakkal Cave, Pookot Lake, Chembra Peak, Pakshi Paathaalam, Muthanga WLS, Kuruva Island, Soochipaara Waterfall, Sentinel Rock Waterfall (Can do rock climbing also), Jain Temple (Sultan Battery), Kanthanpara Waterfalls, Meenmutti Waterfalls, to name a few.
Still think 1 day would be enough?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks