Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2009, 19:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Cool! Do post pics of the 'Haunted' house and its details as well!
Old 30th May 2009, 22:19   #17
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the correction Nabeel. Feel free to tag the pics and I will re-edit them.

Here are the other pics :
Attached Thumbnails
Pics : Mumbai - Lonavala - Khandala drive / Edit - Enfield Ride in Jan 09-6.jpg  

Pics : Mumbai - Lonavala - Khandala drive / Edit - Enfield Ride in Jan 09-7.jpg  

Pics : Mumbai - Lonavala - Khandala drive / Edit - Enfield Ride in Jan 09-8.jpg  

Pics : Mumbai - Lonavala - Khandala drive / Edit - Enfield Ride in Jan 09-9.jpg  

Pics : Mumbai - Lonavala - Khandala drive / Edit - Enfield Ride in Jan 09-10.jpg  

Pics : Mumbai - Lonavala - Khandala drive / Edit - Enfield Ride in Jan 09-11.jpg  

Pics : Mumbai - Lonavala - Khandala drive / Edit - Enfield Ride in Jan 09-12.jpg  

Old 31st May 2009, 13:55   #18
BHPian

Felt part of the road trip, going through the pics. Hope more are coming.
Old 31st May 2009, 14:18   #19
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Pics of St Mary's Villa :
Attached Thumbnails
Pics : Mumbai - Lonavala - Khandala drive / Edit - Enfield Ride in Jan 09-1.jpg  

Pics : Mumbai - Lonavala - Khandala drive / Edit - Enfield Ride in Jan 09-2.jpg  

Pics : Mumbai - Lonavala - Khandala drive / Edit - Enfield Ride in Jan 09-3.jpg  

Pics : Mumbai - Lonavala - Khandala drive / Edit - Enfield Ride in Jan 09-4.jpg  

Pics : Mumbai - Lonavala - Khandala drive / Edit - Enfield Ride in Jan 09-5.jpg  

Old 31st May 2009, 14:21   #20
Team-BHP Support

Nice stuff Allen. Just correct the very first picture. Rotate 90 degree clock wise.
Old 31st May 2009, 14:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

@v12,
nice pics.
the pic showing shingroba temple reminded me old era before express highway.
how the truck drivers making the exercise at the hard and steep curves immediately after that temple.

monsoon is at door step and i am looking for opportunity to head for lonavala.
Old 31st May 2009, 16:55   #22
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Rudra, Ashish, Mav, pjay, whitevdi.

Quote:
the pic showing shingroba temple reminded me old era before express highway.
When I was small, we used to go to Mangalore by car. We used to always pass this temple during the night and drop money into it for a safe passage through the ghats. Back then I used to believe that people who didnt put money would fall off the ghats.

Anyways the old highway is still more fun to drive than the expressway with the twists and turns. I always find the drive on the Expressway a drag where you can just hold the wheel, sit back and put a brick on the accelarator pedal (for cars without Cruise Control, I mean).
Old 31st May 2009, 17:09   #23
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The view from the villa :
Attached Thumbnails

Old 31st May 2009, 20:47   #24
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Pics of Kalra Caves and some fort (Nabeel need your help on these) :
Attached Thumbnails

Pics : Mumbai - Lonavala - Khandala drive / Edit - Enfield Ride in Jan 09-9.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 31st May 2009, 21:15   #25
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more pics of the caves :
Attached Thumbnails

Old 1st June 2009, 00:17   #26
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Final set of pics (Back stage pics actually) :
Attached Thumbnails

Old 1st June 2009, 10:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@v12-Pics of Kalra Caves and some fort
oh, that is lohgad fort.
lohgad and visapur forts are adjacent to each other near karla caves.
one can look at those forts from sunny-da-dhaba.
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:28   #28
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Slight correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
oh, that is lohgad fort.
lohgad and visapur forts are adjacent to each other near karla caves.
one can look at those forts from sunny-da-dhaba.
Old thread, but still adding my 2 cents.
If I remember correctly, the caves in the pics are Bhaja caves and not Karla caves. Also the fort is Visapur and not Lohagad. Lohagad does not have that kind of 'tatbandi' except for the vinchu-kata part. If you are approaching Lohagad from Bhaje village, you keep on seeing Visapur fort for a long time and then after a pass that goes around Visapur fort, you get your first glimpse of the Lohagad fort.
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:36   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Old thread, but still adding my 2 cents.
If I remember correctly, the caves in the pics are Bhaja caves and not Karla caves. Also the fort is Visapur and not Lohagad. Lohagad does not have that kind of 'tatbandi' except for the vinchu-kata part. If you are approaching Lohagad from Bhaje village, you keep on seeing Visapur fort for a long time and then after a pass that goes around Visapur fort, you get your first glimpse of the Lohagad fort.

Thanks for correction.

I always confuse with karla, bhaja, visapur and lohgad due to proximity.
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:54   #30
BHPian

Hey V12, I loved the picture into picture style of yours. How do you do that ?
Take your photo on a different camera and merge with the one you take?

And no point of masking the Qualis number pate as you have already revealed it in your first set of photos...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks