Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2008, 06:34   #46
BHPian

@neofromcapone : there are some very beautiful places in America, trust me.

@rowhun : If you get a chance, dont miss to visit the GC. Its one of nature's greatest marvels. Try to avoid going in winter or in the middle of summer.
As for choice of vehicles, get a yellow Wrangler The ride would be appropriate and would also create tremendous photo opportunities.
Old 12th September 2008, 07:27   #47
BHPian

You had the time of Your Life

Your last thread I saw was Mandarmani and now this is AMERICA
Old 12th September 2008, 19:09   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Your last thread I saw was Mandarmani and now this is AMERICA
There has been a couple of more threads from me, after I came over to US. Guess you missed them

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-part-1-a.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...xperience.html

And sure, I had the time of my life.
Old 13th September 2008, 12:35   #49
BHPian

Great thread and fantastic pics.

5 stars for you.
Old 13th September 2008, 13:23   #50
Senior - BHPian

Great trip and photos esp of Monument Valley. I didn't manage to cover this on my very short trip to GC, so one for next time (hopefully). The Navajo tower gives a grand view of the colorado river and the inner canyon.
Didn't see any pics of West Rim which you planned to visit ? Was looking forward to that since I had a tough choice on whether to do the South Rim (and East Rim) or the West Rim, and settled for the former.

One comment (maybe helpful to future tbhpians visiting GC South Rim) - Recommend not to stay at Flagstaff which is quite far from South Rim entrance. Stay at Tusayan just a few miles from the GC entrance (was lucky to figure this out as I was really short of time on my visit). For eg., in this trip itself, here is a alternative path.
North Rim -> Tuasayan (entrance through GC East and through Canyon exit out of South Rim) - maybe 30 minutes longer drive
Tusayan is 80 miles closer to South Rim entrance than Flagstaff, and will save you 1.5 hours of drive (and maybe more if there is more traffic).
If coming from to South Rim directly from Vegas, turn left at Williams and go North To Tusayan.

Cheers,

Last edited by lancer_rit : 13th September 2008 at 13:24.
Old 13th September 2008, 21:32   #51
BHPian

@lancer_rit: I agree with you. It makes more sense to stay at Tusayan than at Flagstaff. I made the Flagstaff booking well ahead of time and later discovered that there were places to stay nearby than going all the way back to Flagstaff.

We were in a hurry to catch the flight at Vegas and could not explore much of West Rim. We took a few pics from the road side view points. Its not that exceptional. Between West and South rims, the South Rim is a better choice. I also gives you a chance to do East Rim and further to Monument Valley.

@toiingg : Thanks for the ratings
Old 13th September 2008, 22:56   #52
BHPian

Some of the pics are just divine!! You really have a very good eye for detail... and the landscape shots have so much colour. Really really beautiful!!

Please burn these on a CD once you are back, I'm sure many of us in the Kol gang would love to have the high-resolution versions.

5 stars from me too

Wim
Old 13th September 2008, 23:22   #53
BHPian

Thanks for the compliments Wim. Its nice to know that so many of you have liked the pics. Will surely get the high res pics on a CD.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks