Team-BHP - Leisure plus adventure trip to Rishikesh-Mussoorie.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Leisure plus adventure trip to Rishikesh-Mussoorie. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/45890-leisure-plus-adventure-trip-rishikesh-mussoorie-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dry Ice (Post 1352872)
Oh ya, The Wall, I remember the name now. Like Ramkya Sir said, swimming is not that important for Rafting. Even I don't know how to swim. With proper safety gear and a competent guide you should be fine. Plus, in those rapids, I really doubt swimming can help?

And Ramkya Sir, you seem to know this place like the back of your hand!! I was searching for my lower jaw after I read your "10,000" pictures thing!!:D

I can assure you knowing swmming has got nothing to do with survival in rapids. One navy guy who knew swmming who jumped in without life jacket DIED in 2007. Floating is important, you just cannot swim in the rapids, its counter productive.

You bet, I know the Snow Leopard Upper camp and the area around very well, have trekked around a lot and did the rapids too. Everyday morning the river guides do a reconn run of the rapids from the road above to see the dynamics which change due to water volumes, wind and river terrain underneath. They study it to chart the best course through them, its a skill thing. I used to join them for the reconn every day mornign and learned a lot about the river, the rig, rapids and how to survive. It's a lot of fun and adventure, if you like it.

I was the official photographer too for most of the runs and a friend of mine was writing a book on the rapids, he wanted many photos, each rapid from the road above etc., We used to get the camera into the dry bag, I used to get into the first raft, dock it somewhere in the shore and shoot the guys as they pass along. We did almost 25 groups of 25 people x two runs. You know how hungry people are for these photos + I shot every singel cliff jump 2-3 jumps. These photographs are so precious for the participants who did it for the first time in their life.

====

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramkya1 (Post 1353766)
You know how hungry people are for these photos. These photographs are so precious for the participants who did it for the first time in their life.

====

Yes sir, I know. When we went for rafting, we almost put one of us on the shore just to click:uncontrol as no other group was going for the same.

Quote:

I can assure you knowing swimming has got nothing to do with survival in rapids. One navy guy who knew swimming who jumped in without life jacket DIED in 2007. Floating is important, you just cannot swim in the rapids, its counter productive.
Our guide told us about an incident where a person (wearing full protective gear) died after he fell in a rapid due to a heart attack.!
How tragic.!

Quote:

You know how hungry people are for these photos + I shot every singel cliff jump 2-3 jumps. These photographs are so precious for the participants who did it for the first time in their life.
I agree ,my friends clicked around 300 pics on the first day itself saying that its an adventure of a lifetime for them. :D
One of them waited for like 15 mins on the cliff for us to get the camera from the raft and take his pic.!

Hey Team,

I am planning such trip to rishikesh for 2 nights along with 2-3 friends, any pointers for organizers ?? I am bit worried about my year old child, is it safe to stay at these camps overnight with kids ??

Cheers