Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2008, 19:14   #151
BHPian

Lovely pictures This was going to be my Dream Trip,but not any more
Guys hats Off to you both , you guys just rock ......
Old 20th October 2008, 19:27   #152
Senior - BHPian

what else can I say. Awesome. I am now toying an idea in my mind, How about taking my swift up there. Told my wifey, she said go get another co-driver, but she never said NO!!

Inspired. Hope one day I'll do this.
Old 20th October 2008, 22:12   #153
BHPian

@Jazzy - Thanks. have you already done this trip?

@laluks - well its a long way from Bangalore and an additional driver would certainly help. but why dont you consider hiring a self drive car from Delhi. This was you would save about 6 days of your journey (bangalore - delhi). If you are going to those altitudes for the first time then an additional driver is most certainly advisable
Old 21st October 2008, 00:24   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
what else can I say. Awesome. I am now toying an idea in my mind, How about taking my swift up there. Told my wifey, she said go get another co-driver, but she never said NO!!

Inspired. Hope one day I'll do this.
Same story with me my friend.
I expected my wife to shoot down the idea, but the response was "would you get so much leave?"
Thats the kind of inspiration this thread has created.
Hope to do it sometime. May not be immediately though.
Old 21st October 2008, 08:11   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Same story with me my friend.
I expected my wife to shoot down the idea, but the response was "would you get so much leave?"
Thats the kind of inspiration this thread has created.
Hope to do it sometime. May not be immediately though.
Yes, completely agree. Never have been so inspired this way.
Me too thinks not immediately, but certainly this has got me deep down thinking and dreaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post

@laluks - well its a long way from Bangalore and an additional driver would certainly help. but why dont you consider hiring a self drive car from Delhi. This was you would save about 6 days of your journey (bangalore - delhi). If you are going to those altitudes for the first time then an additional driver is most certainly advisable
My wife normally is my co-driver in all my stunts, but for this she says I must find another one. Definitely, if at all I hit the streets for this, definitely there will be atleast a codriver or two. But dont know when.
Old 21st October 2008, 08:26   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My wife normally is my co-driver in all my stunts, but for this she says I must find another one.....
You got me confused there a bit. Wife or co-driver?

Jokes apart if you can get your better half to share this journey with you. You would realize the joys of driving nirvana and shared memories of hardships as well. Done this trip with Alka, my better half, few times and she yearns for the next one. And another trip was with one and half wives (..sali adhi gharwali..)!

Now the problems ladies face are calls of nature, especially when you are forcing your self to drink lots of water, on the barren moonscape of high deserts. But you manage as there is hardly any traffic on the road and once is a while you do find a huge monolithic rock big enough to hide your car.

Last edited by sudev : 21st October 2008 at 08:28.
Old 21st October 2008, 08:37   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
You got me confused there a bit. Wife or co-driver?

Jokes apart if you can get your better half to share this journey with you. You would realize the joys of driving nirvana and shared memories of hardships as well. Done this trip with Alka, my better half, few times and she yearns for the next one. And another trip was with one and half wives (..sali adhi gharwali..)!

Now the problems ladies face are calls of nature, especially when you are forcing your self to drink lots of water, on the barren moonscape of high deserts. But you manage as there is hardly any traffic on the road and once is a while you do find a huge monolithic rock big enough to hide your car.
She loves driving, more than she loves me.

Good to hear that, Indeed the pains and pleasure of doing things together, always goes a long way in our emotional bonding.

Calls of nature
Old 21st October 2008, 21:31   #158
BHPian

Quote:
My wife normally is my co-driver in all my stunts, but for this she says I must find another one. Definitely, if at all I hit the streets for this, definitely there will be atleast a codriver or two. But dont know when.
arrey if both of you drive then there is absolutely no problem. Just go ahead and do it. we were only the two of us after all
Old 21st October 2008, 23:45   #159
BHPian

Quote:
No Yaar,I Wish I had the stomach to digest some many kms,like you.
Also Its not so easy to do this trip from Blore,we had plans about this but just in air .

After looking at Gr8 pic uploaded by you my friend who till date was ok with the idea for doing this trip someday in his swift or my multijet has QUIT this idea with no reasons,Looks like......(ya you guessed it correct).So sad of him now I dont have anyone to accompany me for this trip.
Old 22nd October 2008, 07:05   #160
BHPian

Wow, Awesome trip Locomotive. Hats off to you and your brother :-)

Few other things that can be added to the list of items to be taken when travelling are can of WD40, MSeal (helpful for packing up a hole in the fuel tank), insulation tape.
Old 24th October 2008, 12:21   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, completely agree. Never have been so inspired this way.
Me too thinks not immediately, but certainly this has got me deep down thinking and dreaming.

Same here. My wife is generally my co-driver too. When I first asked her about this roadtrip, she said " Are you nuts?". I then showed her all the snaps on this thread and she is now party to this trip.
The only question now is " How to convince my boss for my time off?"

Hopefully this plan should be a reality next year (fingers crossed)
Old 24th October 2008, 16:03   #162
BHPian

well i would take it as a serious compliment if my pics inspired you to go for this trip which you would have never considered otherwise.

Thanks
Old 24th October 2008, 16:14   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well i would take it as a serious compliment if my pics inspired you to go for this trip which you would have never considered otherwise.

Thanks
Yes.
You have inspired me like hell. I dont know how and when, but you certainly have kept me dreaming big!!

Everything in life starts from Dreams
Old 24th October 2008, 16:37   #164
BHPian

it does indeed. i started of dreaming about this trip when i read the 2007 anniv issue of overdrive in which the cover story was on this trip done by SUVs. since then i met another guy who had done this trip and could not stop talking abot it. then i came across quite a few articles on this roadtrip in various magazines. the pics were mesmerising and being an amateur photographer and a driving enthusiast, the calling was impossible to resist. i was just not allowed to stop dreaming of this roadtrip. and co incidently i even bought the SX4 which is arguably the best sedan for this journey. really all the signs pointed only in one direction, LADAKH

i have posted a day by day pictorical traveloue on facebook (plenty more pics). just let me know if you was to have a look. i will send you the links.

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd September 2010 at 13:16. Reason: Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 24th October 2008, 17:54   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i have posted a day by day pictorical traveloue on facebook (plenty more pics). just let me know if you was to have a look. i will send you the links.
Thanks. That would be great

Most Viewed