Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2008, 20:55   #121
BHPian

Hmm, Loco so now you have every bit involved. Awesome....

2 things, 1 how is the FE same on GQ and Manali-Leh sector and 25 kmph on Manali-Leh sector is amazing speed. Nicely done.

The breakup for the toll at 500 is very wrong. One-way toll between mumbai and delhi is about 650 (20 toll gates +, few of them where the previous receipt works) and then additional toll from Delhi - Manali. Nothing serious, just kiddin.

The 16" wheels with 205 rubber must have been really good over the potholes. Well, SX4 can literally be termed as Mini SUV.

So when is the next trip coming.

Naman
Old 28th September 2008, 21:33   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naman View Post
Hmm, Loco so now you have every bit involved. Awesome....

2 things, 1 how is the FE same on GQ and Manali-Leh sector and 25 kmph on Manali-Leh sector is amazing speed. Nicely done.

The breakup for the toll at 500 is very wrong. One-way toll between mumbai and delhi is about 650 (20 toll gates +, few of them where the previous receipt works) and then additional toll from Delhi - Manali. Nothing serious, just kiddin.

The 16" wheels with 205 rubber must have been really good over the potholes. Well, SX4 can literally be termed as Mini SUV.

So when is the next trip coming.

Naman

you may be right there. I do not remember how much the total toll expense was. but in the entire scheme of things it is sort of negligible.

actually I am also puzzled at how I got 10kmpl everywhere. I guess on the GC it was because we were driving very fast and on the Manali Leh road maybe it was because of the rarified air. Its really a guess. we were worried that on the mountains we would get around 6 so 10kmpl was a relief.

Next trip is on in 2009 September. This time we will explore a bit more in Ladakh
Old 28th September 2008, 21:48   #123
Senior - BHPian

Great writeup and pictures. Was absolute fun going through the thread.
Old 29th September 2008, 07:58   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
Do you know the name of the market in Mayapuri where these cans are available ?
Almost entire Mayapuri area has junk shops and lot of them sell army disposal items.
Old 29th September 2008, 11:45   #125
Senior - BHPian

Loco,

Congrats on the trip. The snaps are amazing and a very neatly tabulated and well-organized travalogue, so user friendly.

I practivally lived the trip through reading, this is one trip I've been planning to do for some time, but due to many reason it's getting postponed. I've saved your travaloue also for future use when I ride that road.

Happy Driving,

--Ramky
======
Old 29th September 2008, 12:28   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
Costs

preparatory costs

Servicing - 1500
Car Spares - 6000
Stock (toiletories, food ect) - 1500

Travel costs

Fuel (extra premium) - 30,000
Toll - 500
Hotel - 15000 (close to 1000 a night as it was off season)
Food & Drinks - 8000

winding up cost

Car Cleaning & Polish - 2000

Total cost - 64500.
The exorbitant amount of money and time needed is a bit of deterrent for a guy like me. . .but, luckily, I can always visit these exotic places through the adventurous travelogues like your's till I can afford to do it first hand. Keeping fingers crossed! Thanks for the wonderful journey.
Old 29th September 2008, 14:31   #127
BHPian

Hi.... Considering this being my 1st post on Team Bhp ,would like to say this trip should be listed officially as " 10 things to do before you die"..

Simply awesome guys.. would definately want to be a part of this trip when you guys do it next year...
Old 29th September 2008, 17:35   #128
BHPian

after going through the entire thread, one thing is for sure;now there will be a lot of minds working hard on buying this beauty of car,SX4,and i can see the sells of SX4 shooting up!
hopefully a few cribbers on the forum have gone through the thread and that would have silenced their ever complaining and over critical nature about this perticular car-the SX4!
well i had resisted the temptation of putting it on the forum so far because the kind of stuff dished out by these few CRIBBERS was really putting me off.
for me it has justified the querry of capability of this car.if someone is stuck with a lemon;god help them!
Old 29th September 2008, 21:30   #129
BHPian

samrat25 i like you man...
Old 29th September 2008, 22:03   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
The exorbitant amount of money and time needed is a bit of deterrent for a guy like me. . .but, luckily, I can always visit these exotic places through the adventurous travelogues like your's till I can afford to do it first hand. Keeping fingers crossed! Thanks for the wonderful journey.
Dont count it out yet. this trip can be done in lot lesser. for example if you go in a group the cost per person will be a lot lesser. you could also check out tour operators who could offer you this trip for less. There is surely a way out.
Old 29th September 2008, 22:12   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samrat25 View Post
after going through the entire thread, one thing is for sure;now there will be a lot of minds working hard on buying this beauty of car,SX4,and i can see the sells of SX4 shooting up!
hopefully a few cribbers on the forum have gone through the thread and that would have silenced their ever complaining and over critical nature about this perticular car-the SX4!
well i had resisted the temptation of putting it on the forum so far because the kind of stuff dished out by these few CRIBBERS was really putting me off.
for me it has justified the querry of capability of this car.if someone is stuck with a lemon;god help them!
Well SX4 is a great car. Very tough and very unlike other maruti car. It is indeed a great tourer. Unfortunately due to its low (ish) FE it will take a beating in the market.

But I can see it becoming a favourite amongst tuners. I think its got a lot going for it. cant wait to get a free flow and tri phase installed into mine. and maybe slap on a turbo sometime in the future there is a thread in Team-BHP of a SX4 being turboed. what a fantastic job it is. It like a deep fantasy come true.

Hope it gets a cult following someday, just like the Palio 1.6. (another one of my favourites)
Old 1st October 2008, 03:21   #132
abk
BHPian

Reading thru this thread was an absolute delight. What a wonderful narration of your odyssey! Salute you Locomotive mate. Bravo!
Old 1st October 2008, 09:47   #133
Senior - BHPian

@ Loco - great trip dude. am thinking of doing this next year. will need your inputs.
Old 1st October 2008, 22:28   #134
BHPian

@abk - thanks mate. glad you liked it.
@KSM-Vtec - just ask away. I am always ready to discuss anything on this subject!!
Old 2nd October 2008, 13:21   #135
Senior - BHPian

Just read thru your entire travelogue. Fantastic pics. Tempts me to buy a good DSLR for myself. When we reached Gramphoo, we were very tempted to turn right to Keylong. But then that would mean another 15 days.
I do intend to do it next year though.
Its great to see the amount of elaborate planning and preparation that you did for the trip. I picked up bad habits from my dad, of just packing up and pushing off at the thought of the word TRIP.
Hope to catch up with you in Mumbai. I suppose there is a Mumbai meet happening end of Oct.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks