Team-BHP - Chennai - Theni - Munnar - Dharmapuri - Chennai Round Trip
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Chennai - Theni - Munnar - Dharmapuri - Chennai Round Trip (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/46238-chennai-theni-munnar-dharmapuri-chennai-round-trip.html)

Friends,

Last week my friends & I did a Round Trip from Chennai - Theni - Munnar- Dharmapuri - Chennai. We had couple of marriages to attend, One at Theni & another at Dharmapuri & in between we had couple of days. So we decided to add Munnar to our Itenary & enjoy a break from hectic office schedule.

This is my First travellogue & am not so keen on writing Essays( Even in College) so jotting the Travel in Bullets. Please advice for further refinement & any queries will be answered. Pics will be uploaded Soon

Day 1 (10/09/08)Day2 (11/09/08)Day3 (12/09/08)Day4 (13/09/08)Day 5 (14/09/08)Note :Regards

Marlon

Hah, you drove everyday and drank every night (with different brands every night). Nice drive. Post some pics too.

BTW, What is cocktail snacks, cocktail lunch and cocktail dinner?

Abhi

I was about to ask the same thing. Hopefully, he was not driving I guess :)

Nice one and good to see such updates on time & KMs. If you have added the road conditions, would be very handy for others.

Also, kindly put the details of the hotels you stayed.

Ofcourse, waiting for the pictures.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjothi (Post 987960)
I was about to ask the same thing. Hopefully, he was not driving I guess :)

If I assume cocktail snacks, lunch :) includes drinks as well then he was indeed driving after drinks. hope I am wrong.

Infact that was the reason for asking the question to him? I am eager to see his clarification.

Abhi

Quote:

Originally Posted by akroy (Post 987967)
If I assume cocktail snacks, lunch :) includes drinks as well then he was indeed driving after drinks. hope I am wrong.

What I meant was, may be they had driver to drive the car and these friends where just having fun :)

Anyway, I am sure he will respond when he posts pictures.

To clarify your doubts, We were 4 of us . My friend who owns the Safari drove most part of the trip. We made rule that the person who drives will not have more than 1 Beer, while other 3 drank to our hearts content.

Road Conditions:
Hotel DetailsRegards
Marlon

P.S: Will upload the Pics positively tomorrow.

Thanks man for the details on road conditions. Munnar Inn seems to be poplar option for guys visiting Munnar. Good.

This kinda travelogue I have never seen in t-bhp. Nicely written with bullet points explaning what all you did especially drinks. BTW, did you ever drive the car? From your posts, I feel you were only the co-passenger drinking your heart out. :D

Nice crisp report Marlon.

Rightly said, the trichy outer is getting very painful these days with heavy traffic with bad roads

I really like driving between Trichy (outer) and Dinigul section. Empty roads with lot of straight stretchs and interesting turns. Dinigul to Bathalagundu is even more interesting with well laid roads.

Have the road construction (one stretch) before Periyakulam been completed?

Good crisp travelogue, Marlon :): the way you have presented, it packs quite a "punch" even without the pics !

Best of Munnar Pix:

Pics were shot in Panasonic FZ-18. Pics are compressed due to limitation in file size.

Regards
Marlon

Nice pics. Would have been still more better if you have captioned or given a line on where it was taken. :)

What are those while thing in the last pics? Is that cattle?

Nice pics Marlon. Bigger size would have given a better feel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlon (Post 988052)
23rd September 2008, 13:30 -

Hotel Details
  • Theni - Western Gatz - Very Good Equal to 3 Star Hotel
  • Munnar - Hotel Munnar Inn - Good for family stay but not satisfied with Service. Had to fight for lot of things like restaurant opens at 8 am. So no tea/coffee is served till 8am.No Dinner after 9 PM. Restaurant closed on Onam, etc . Food is Good but rates are comparetively high
  • Dharmapuri- DNC Hotel - Very Average.
Regards
Marlon

P.S: Will upload the Pics positively tomorrow.

What is the location of Hotel Munnar Inn?

How far is it from Munnar town?

Can you also give the rates?

Is car parking possible?