Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2008, 18:56   #61
BHPian

Wow Lumina, that tribal dance photo looks like a painting ! Super snap.

Enjoying your travelogue too.
Old 11th October 2008, 19:37   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

And like all good things, this travelogue is over.

Lumina, I am now a fan. What a wonderful travelogue, beautiful words and lovely pictures.
Old 11th October 2008, 20:18   #63
BHPian

@Lumina: Excellent pics once again and beautiful narration. Enjoyed every bit of it. Thanks for bringing it to us.
Old 11th October 2008, 20:31   #64
Senior - BHPian

@ Lumina > Thanks for sharing this wonderful trip. The pictures are breathtaking and your description of the entire trip is sufficient inspiration enough for me to consider doing this trip in December. Though im not sure if December-Jan the best time to do it, weather permitting. One of the best travelogues ive seen on this forum and also tempts me to buy a dslr myself.
I also wish to add that owning a vehicle and self driving to a destination is not the sole criteria enough for posting a travelogue. There is sufficient evidence of those who have self driven vehicles and have posted travelogues nothing short of disasters that need to be "redlined".
J
Old 12th October 2008, 15:06   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabh M View Post
@Lumina: Excellent pics once again and beautiful narration. Enjoyed every bit of it. Thanks for bringing it to us.
Thank you Saurabh. Your inputs were helpful. Will try another trip soon (albeit public transport and look for Alam again!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Lumina, I am now a fan.
Gee, I can't believe this! Thank you Sam!
Old 12th October 2008, 15:25   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
@ Lumina > your description of the entire trip is sufficient inspiration enough for me to consider doing this trip in December. Though im not sure if December-Jan the best time to do it, weather permitting. One of the best travelogues ive seen on this forum and also tempts me to buy a dslr myself.
Thanks you Jay. Dec - Jan will be the perfect time to visit the forests. The possibility of seeing wild life is much higher, and the weather is pleasant in the foothills. If you check the posts, @Saurabh M has been putting in his valuable inputs. He may be able to help you.
If you are planning to put the hills in the itinerary too, yes, it will be cold. The view should be good during this time of the year.

Go ahead with the DSLR, but it's not always about the camera you are using, it's the person behind the camera which matters the most. Your Spiti loop travelogue speaks that for itself.
Old 12th October 2008, 16:43   #67
Senior - BHPian

Excellent writeup and amazing pics.
Really enjoyed the travelogue.

Cheers
Old 12th October 2008, 22:18   #68
BHPian

Thanks Lumina for a wonderful travelogue supported by excellent pics! Look forward to more from you.

Cheers,
Old 13th October 2008, 06:54   #69
BHPian

Nice travelogue Lumina.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Old 13th October 2008, 08:25   #70
BHPian

Lumina, you made my day.

Your pictures speak a 1000 words. Even though I live close by to the lovely places you have been to, your pictures make the place even more coveted.
Old 14th October 2008, 20:26   #71
Senior - BHPian

Wow! What a Stupendous opening knock!!

5 pages 71 posts without even having a single post till date on the automotive threads!

Lovely photographs and amazing narration. The best part was it made people who knew the story and saw the photographs, read and see again. Gripping.

Lets hope that many more people, especially from our area, who are known for their love for travel, literature and photography, get to see this and invite themselves here.

Most Viewed