Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2012, 16:59   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bombay to Chattisgarh, via Bangalore & Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Hi guys,
can anybody please update the present road condition from Nagpur to Bhilai. I am planning to drive from Hyderabad to Bhilai tomorrow and I have the updates on road conditions from Hyderabad to Nagpur but dont have updates on road conditions from Nagpur to Bhilai. Kindly update me as i have to decide between car and flight as car works out very cheap as we are two of us travelling.
Road is excellent, although the first 60 kms out of Nagur till Bhandara is 2-laned and slow thanks to heavy traffic. After that, it is fast 4-laned road all the way. Facilities continue to be poor. Car any day, you should be in BHilai in under 4 hours from Nagur.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 17:20   #32
BHPian

Re: Bombay to Chattisgarh, via Bangalore & Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Road is excellent, although the first 60 kms out of Nagur till Bhandara is 2-laned and slow thanks to heavy traffic. After that, it is fast 4-laned road all the way. Facilities continue to be poor. Car any day, you should be in BHilai in under 4 hours from Nagur.

Hi, thanks hvkumar I did my trip and actually I went to Durg and not Bhilai but considering that I will get better information by mentioning Bhilai I did so. The route is absolutely same as you mentioned. Your feedback was definetely useful and helpful and the very small streches of unfinished 4 lane is little surprising. I could manage speeds upto 150 kmph and due to various factors i could manage an average speed of about 80-90 kmph.
Regards.

Most Viewed