Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2008, 11:10   #16
Senior - BHPian

New Photos Added

Finally managed to transfer the images from my Camera, albeit much later than what I had initially promised. Nevertheless a selection of images. Since I took snaps only when I was not driving which was very less, I have only a few snaps of the journey.

Over River Palar near Ranipet
East Coast to West Coast (Almost) - Chennai to Mahabaleshwar & back. PICS Added!-mahab2.jpg

Ratnagiri Murugan Temple near Vellore
East Coast to West Coast (Almost) - Chennai to Mahabaleshwar & back. PICS Added!-mahb1.jpg

Vellore Byepass - The flyovers give a new perspective to the sights of the towns you pass
East Coast to West Coast (Almost) - Chennai to Mahabaleshwar & back. PICS Added!-dscf4774-large.jpg

Giant Wheels which have gone missing for kids growing up in Metros
East Coast to West Coast (Almost) - Chennai to Mahabaleshwar & back. PICS Added!-dscf4780-large.jpg

Over Vaniyambadi Byepass Bridge
East Coast to West Coast (Almost) - Chennai to Mahabaleshwar & back. PICS Added!-dscf4783-large.jpg

Vaniyambadi Toll Booth - Toll costed me Rs.933.50 both ways
East Coast to West Coast (Almost) - Chennai to Mahabaleshwar & back. PICS Added!-dscf4789-large.jpg

The Hotel where we stayed overnight at Hriyur - Bang on the highway with decent A/c Room for 600 bucks
East Coast to West Coast (Almost) - Chennai to Mahabaleshwar & back. PICS Added!-dscf4793-large.jpg

Sunrise just before we left from Hriyur on the way to Mahabaleshwar
East Coast to West Coast (Almost) - Chennai to Mahabaleshwar & back. PICS Added!-dscf4795-large.jpg

Still a long way to go
East Coast to West Coast (Almost) - Chennai to Mahabaleshwar & back. PICS Added!-dscf4800-large.jpg

The Hotel where we had lunch on the way back - between Haveri and Hubli, excellent food, very clean toilets and above all super service from the staff.
East Coast to West Coast (Almost) - Chennai to Mahabaleshwar & back. PICS Added!-dscf4803-large.jpg

The lack of public transport means risky mode of commuting
East Coast to West Coast (Almost) - Chennai to Mahabaleshwar & back. PICS Added!-dscf4804-large.jpg

As straight as the road could get - Visibility 5 kms
East Coast to West Coast (Almost) - Chennai to Mahabaleshwar & back. PICS Added!-dscf4807-large.jpg

Hubli - Belgaum stretch possibly one of the best stretches I have travelled
East Coast to West Coast (Almost) - Chennai to Mahabaleshwar & back. PICS Added!-dscf4810-large.jpg

The Sharma Merc Bus which met with an accident between Nippani & Sankeshwar - This was part of the first lot of buses handed over to Sharma, Konduskar & Neeta.
East Coast to West Coast (Almost) - Chennai to Mahabaleshwar & back. PICS Added!-dscf4812-large.jpg

Hotel Dina, Where we stayed at Mahabaleshwar - Nice Place, Great Food and overall a different lodging experience.
East Coast to West Coast (Almost) - Chennai to Mahabaleshwar & back. PICS Added!-dscf4833-large.jpg

View from Kate's Point
East Coast to West Coast (Almost) - Chennai to Mahabaleshwar & back. PICS Added!-dscf4854-large.jpg

Another view from Kate's Point - What I think is the dam on River Krishna
East Coast to West Coast (Almost) - Chennai to Mahabaleshwar & back. PICS Added!-dscf4855-large.jpg

One More from Kate's Point - This reaches Bay of Bengal all the way with some possibly reaching me as drinking water in Chennai as part of Telungu Ganga Project
East Coast to West Coast (Almost) - Chennai to Mahabaleshwar & back. PICS Added!-dscf4856-large.jpg

What is Mahabaleshwar without waterfalls - especially with the Monsoon still on the wane
East Coast to West Coast (Almost) - Chennai to Mahabaleshwar & back. PICS Added!-dscf4867-large.jpg

Kate's point resembling the elephant head especially in what looks like a Howdah on top of the elephant
East Coast to West Coast (Almost) - Chennai to Mahabaleshwar & back. PICS Added!-dscf4868-large.jpg

A few more to follow little later.
Old 16th October 2008, 16:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

The final set of pictures.

Sunrise at Wilson Point
East Coast to West Coast (Almost) - Chennai to Mahabaleshwar & back. PICS Added!-dscf4824-large.jpg

Some Macro shots which I attempted in the Hotel where we stayed which has a very good garden, obviously it would be in full bloom around March / April

East Coast to West Coast (Almost) - Chennai to Mahabaleshwar & back. PICS Added!-dscf4843-large.jpg

East Coast to West Coast (Almost) - Chennai to Mahabaleshwar & back. PICS Added!-dscf4879-large.jpg

East Coast to West Coast (Almost) - Chennai to Mahabaleshwar & back. PICS Added!-dscf4884-large.jpg

My White Lightning, which gave me no trouble what so ever all the way, kept up with the bad roads, spirited driving while coming back, the traffic jams in Bangalore & everything else.

East Coast to West Coast (Almost) - Chennai to Mahabaleshwar & back. PICS Added!-dscf4794-large.jpg

Thats a partial me, an experimental shot

East Coast to West Coast (Almost) - Chennai to Mahabaleshwar & back. PICS Added!-dscf4778-large.jpg

Last edited by pypkmsrikanth : 16th October 2008 at 16:42.
Old 17th October 2008, 12:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Man,very few pics of Mahabaleshwar.
Where are pics of pratapgad, sunset point, arthur seat point, market?
I must visit mahaby for one day during deepawali holidays.
Old 17th October 2008, 13:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Man,very few pics of Mahabaleshwar.
Where are pics of pratapgad, sunset point, arthur seat point, market?
I must visit mahaby for one day during deepawali holidays.
Had a training program in Mahabaleshwar, so could catch very little of sight seeing, hence very little pics of Mahaby.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks