Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2014, 18:51   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Civved : Goa, Yaana, Jog, Murdeshwar, Maravanthe, Mangalore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
I used to use Mio before the android days. Now android phone with google does most of my GPS needs, the phone has a dedicated GPS sensor.

The sixth one takes away some space, but mostly we carry shoulder bags which can be pushed in any where
The GPS does not need data connection on your android ? I am curious to know how this is done ?
Old 2nd August 2014, 20:02   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
The GPS does not need data connection on your android ? I am curious to know how this is done ?
If you want the maps as a navigational guide, basically a navigator with turn by turn instructions and to see the maps etc, if you are using Google, you might need the data connection for downloading maps on the go.

If you are using some other navigation software, you can download the maps before you start the journey like open street maps etc.. and then on wards if your phone has a dedicated GPS sensor no more data connection is required. Most android are assisted GPS (AGPS), they triangulate your postion based on cell towers etc..

I mostly use my android app to plot the trail I am driving on. This requires only the signal from GPS satellites, and since the phone has a dedicated sensor he receives them. No data connection / charges at all.
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 15:27   #258
BHPian

Couldn't resist sharing these pictures too

Civved : Goa, Yaana, Jog, Murdeshwar, Maravanthe, Mangalore...-helipad.jpg

Civved : Goa, Yaana, Jog, Murdeshwar, Maravanthe, Mangalore...-tilari1.jpg

Civved : Goa, Yaana, Jog, Murdeshwar, Maravanthe, Mangalore...-viewpoint1.jpg

Civved : Goa, Yaana, Jog, Murdeshwar, Maravanthe, Mangalore...-viewpoint2.jpg
Ddrive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 17:55   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddrive View Post
Couldn't resist sharing these pictures too
Please show us more of your clicks
Old 11th July 2015, 22:00   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Day 1

Bangalore - Tumkur - Sira -Chitradurga -Haveri - Sirsi - Yaana -Sirsi - Kumta - Ankola - Karwar - Margoa -Colva.

I seriously don't know how on earth i had missed this piece on Goa. One cannot term this as a travelogue.

This is more like "An advanced course on what a road trip should be like !!"

I have an ardent liking towards Goa and this does me no help to somehow keep me away from it.
Marvellously written and brilliant pics laluks.

Quote:
The place where the Sowparnika river and Arabian sea is cut by NH17 is a view that will remain in my memories for a long time.
Do share more pics of this leg of your travel (if you still have them after 7 long years). This could be one of the USPs for me to market this as my next trip with wifey. She seemed really thrilled at this sight though.

Keep up revving and sure enough, keep sharing
Travelator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2015, 19:53   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelator View Post

Do share more pics of this leg of your travel (if you still have them after 7 long years). This could be one of the USPs for me to market this as my next trip with wifey. She seemed really thrilled at this sight though.

Keep up revving and sure enough, keep sharing
Thanks for the note Travelator.
Let me see if I can fetch some more pictures. I have lost a few HDD in between along with many pictures. Thanks to TBHP and the logs we still have some forever
Old 19th July 2015, 21:48   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the note Travelator.
Let me see if I can fetch some more pictures. I have lost a few HDD in between along with many pictures. Thanks to TBHP and the logs we still have some forever
Subscribed to your youtube channel as well. Enjoyed watching the videos. I remember in a video (Manjur Ketty) one could see the fuel guage on the Civic's dash and it was pretty much just 2 bars close to empty. I hope you didn't run out of fuel. Meanwhile i am enjoying going through your travelogues again they do make up for a fun reading. BTW do PPG's mean Power Puff Girls ?
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2015, 23:56   #263

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 20th July 2015 at 12:21.
AjMusto is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th July 2015, 17:57   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Subscribed to your Youtube channel as well. Enjoyed watching the videos. I remember in a video (Manjur Ketty) one could see the fuel guage on the Civic's dash and it was pretty much just 2 bars close to empty. I hope you didn't run out of fuel. Meanwhile i am enjoying going through your travelogues again they do make up for a fun reading. BTW do PPG's mean Power Puff Girls ?
Thanks Sumeet.
You tube has some videos these days

two bars plus what is in reserve would easily suffice for 100Kms, and my nearest pump in those drives were within 50Kms, so probably I would have taken that chance.

PPG is indeed Power Puff Girls

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks