Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2009, 09:46   #121
Senior - BHPian

Hey, Laluks, Fantastic photo of Jog falls there, thanks for sharing
it seems you are starting to get addicted to the drive to Coastal Karnataka, seeing the frequency of your trips to this region.
Old 2nd September 2009, 14:31   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
laluks,

Great write up. You've covered it all so well. Just came across it last night and went through it all. I enjoyed it very much. Only one error. The Church you mentioned in goa as the Saligao church is actually the Church of Candolim village. You can also see it from the lighhouse.
thanks for sharing
Oh! is it. I saw the board to Saligaon around there. My bad. Thanks for the correction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hey, Laluks, Fantastic photo of Jog falls there, thanks for sharing
it seems you are starting to get addicted to the drive to Coastal Karnataka, seeing the frequency of your trips to this region.
Thanks yaar.
I am from Trivandrum, and my stay in Bangalore makes me miss the coast like anything. Childhood memories never die off . So Trivandrum or Goa is the destination. It is the same distance for me.
Old 2nd September 2009, 16:07   #123
Senior - BHPian

Laluks,
The Saligoa Church is named "Mae De Deus" much smaller than the Candolim church. It also doesnt have mangalore tiles on the roof anymore. The wooden rafters were removed in 2008 May and they have Iron and Steel with the Maroon plastic sheeting.

Something I forgot to mention earlier. Incase no one has commented the huge mansion you saw on the road to the Aguada jail belongs to a parsi gentleman named Jimmy Gazdar

Your photos and write up is awesome.

It makes me want to go to Goa soon
Old 2nd September 2009, 18:32   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
Laluks,
The Saligoa Church is named "Mae De Deus" much smaller than the Candolim church. It also doesnt have mangalore tiles on the roof anymore. The wooden rafters were removed in 2008 May and they have Iron and Steel with the Maroon plastic sheeting.

Something I forgot to mention earlier. Incase no one has commented the huge mansion you saw on the road to the Aguada jail belongs to a parsi gentleman named Jimmy Gazdar

Your photos and write up is awesome.

It makes me want to go to Goa soon
Thanks once again for the information updates.
Goa is a destination which never bores you, I have been craving for more always at the end of the trip
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2009, 15:30   #125
BHPian

laluks..excellent travelogue, loads of information especially for a person like me who is planning for a similar KA-GA trip. Defenitely I would be using the information that you have shared for planning my trip.

Regards
Siva
Old 4th September 2009, 15:47   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
laluks..excellent travelogue, loads of information especially for a person like me who is planning for a similar KA-GA trip. Defenitely I would be using the information that you have shared for planning my trip.

Regards
Siva
Thanks Siva.
Please let me know if any additional info is required when you plan the trip.
Old 7th September 2009, 14:48   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Regards
Siva
Its bible for anyone who does BLR-GOA. There was an instance when one of my friend(TBHP Guest) told me there's a wonderful travelogue to refer before Goa trip which is nothing but this sweet piece of cake by laluks

I read this twice before finalizng the plan for upcoming Goa trip during Sept 19-23. Thanks laluks.

Last edited by jacs : 7th September 2009 at 14:50.
Old 7th September 2009, 16:58   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Its bible for anyone who does BLR-GOA. There was an instance when one of my friend(TBHP Guest) told me there's a wonderful travelogue to refer before Goa trip which is nothing but this sweet piece of cake by laluks

I read this twice before finalizng the plan for upcoming Goa trip during Sept 19-23. Thanks laluks.
Thanks for the nice words and encouragement.
Have a nice trip.
Old 26th June 2010, 23:21   #129
Senior - BHPian

Had been to the fish stall today. Boy oh Boy - the sight of huge "Kaane" (lady fish), Squids, Tiger Prawns, Rock Lobsters, Pomfrets makes me feel like driving to Goa and Mangalore coast now. But for now, its feasting time in Bangalore!!
Old 28th June 2010, 11:49   #130
BHPian

Just went through your blog/travelogue. It was my time to work and leave for some appointments but I just couldn't tear myself away. Awesome writeup and photography. Makes me take a long leave just to keep exploring these places. I, for sure, am headed to coastal Karnataka this monsoon.

Thanks again. :-)
Old 28th June 2010, 15:14   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Had been to the fish stall today. Boy oh Boy - the sight of huge "Kaane" (lady fish), Squids, Tiger Prawns, Rock Lobsters, Pomfrets makes me feel like driving to Goa and Mangalore coast now. But for now, its feasting time in Bangalore!!
I was lucky to have a forced bachelor weekend in native. Mom prepared me some fresh prawns and raw mango curry with coconut milk, mouth watering taste and flavour. Believe me I had no competition for meals since wifey was back in BLR, finished 1Kg prawns in two meals myself .

Lalu, i'm sure it stimulated your taste buds and gave another push for GOA.
Old 28th June 2010, 17:03   #132
BHPian

what coincidence ! Just finished feasting upon fishes(mathi, aila and nathuli..sorry dont know the english names) brought by my in laws from Kerala and lo this thread !

now comin back to the thread, How intense would be the rains now in GA ? is it worth a trip now to enjoy the beach to the fullest ?
Old 28th June 2010, 17:26   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
Just went through your blog/travelogue. It was my time to work and leave for some appointments but I just couldn't tear myself away. Awesome writeup and photography. Makes me take a long leave just to keep exploring these places. I, for sure, am headed to coastal Karnataka this monsoon.

Thanks again. :-)
Thanks given2fly.
Have a nice holiday.

Quote:
I was lucky to have a forced bachelor weekend in native. Mom prepared me some fresh prawns and raw mango curry with coconut milk, mouth watering taste and flavour. Believe me I had no competition for meals since wifey was back in BLR, finished 1Kg prawns in two meals myself .

Jacs, man you are enjoying. Poor wifey. Hope she doesn't log on to read this

Yes, indeed. But unfortunately am tied down due to work. So this simulation of the coast at Bangalore

Quote:
what coincidence ! Just finished feasting upon fishes(mathi, aila and nathuli..sorry dont know the english names) brought by my in laws from Kerala and lo this thread !

now comin back to the thread, How intense would be the rains now in GA ? is it worth a trip now to enjoy the beach to the fullest ?
Siva, you too?

Don't know. Last year I hear it was too bad in September with floods.

I love the beaches in rain. Its a different kind of feeling. I can sit on a shack watching the rains and the waves blending till eternity.
Old 28th June 2010, 22:38   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mom prepared me some fresh prawns and raw mango curry with coconut milk, mouth watering taste and flavour. Believe me I had no competition for meals since wifey was back in BLR, finished 1Kg prawns in two meals myself .

I was thinking that, next time Lalu would stop over at your mom's place and consume another KG of prawns..

Quote:
Yes, indeed. But unfortunately am tied down due to work. So this simulation of the coast at Bangalore
but as he is tied down with work, the mom as well as prawns are saved, be it in Kerala or at Goa.

Quote:
I love the beaches in rain. Its a different kind of feeling. I can sit on a shack watching the rains and the waves blending till eternity.
add to it hot and crisp onion pakodas with hot tea...nothing beats it.
Old 29th June 2010, 12:24   #135
BHPian

Quote:

Siva, you too?

Don't know. Last year I hear it was too bad in September with floods.

Oh ye, whole week I have been feasting on fishes !

Its not that I dont love the rains and the beaches. But a shining sun and the beach makes a perfect combination to me ! hey, will the shacks be still open, i thought they all break it down and bring it up during the next season ???

Most Viewed