Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2008, 10:54   #61
Senior - BHPian

Benny, couldnt resist going through the entire travelogue again specially the pics. Simple speechless !! marvellous pics indeed.

Hope you do more frequent trips in near future and post some more wonderful pics too.

Abhi
Old 23rd October 2008, 11:57   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Lovely pics there benny. Btw what editing tool are you using to apply borders to the pics?
Rahul, i use Adobe Photoshop for all post-processing work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Benny, couldnt resist going through the entire travelogue again specially the pics. Simple speechless !! marvellous pics indeed.

Hope you do more frequent trips in near future and post some more wonderful pics too.

Abhi
Thanks Abhi. Hint taken, and shall post more in future. Actually, even a trip home gives a lot of scope for a write-up and pics.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 23rd October 2008 at 12:00.
Old 23rd October 2008, 12:44   #63
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Rahul, i use Adobe Photoshop for all post-processing work.
Damn, I have the CS3 too. But I am unable to find the photo frames in mine. I checked the actions window, but it doesn't show up anything. Help needed benny, i am new to PS.
Old 23rd October 2008, 13:34   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Damn, I have the CS3 too. But I am unable to find the photo frames in mine. I checked the actions window, but it doesn't show up anything. Help needed benny, i am new to PS.
Rahul, a simple search on Google would show you how it needs to be done.
Old 23rd October 2008, 13:44   #65
BHPian

Hi ben,

Once again, a superb account of your trip! Kept coming back to check for updates; sad that it is over!

Cheers,
Old 23rd October 2008, 16:41   #66
Team-BHP Support

A pic of my steed which has been an integral part of the trip, braving it out in the sun (as against his usual covered parking at home) as we enjoyed our vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertouchme View Post
Hey Benny boy! nice pictures & waiting for more. Also how come I don't find MIKE yet? he he- keep them coming.
Jai, this pic is dedicated to you.

Gave Time a Break : Trip to Pondicherry-mike.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy70 View Post
Hi ben,

Once again, a superb account of your trip! Kept coming back to check for updates; sad that it is over!

Cheers,
Jammy, there will be more next time. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 23rd October 2008 at 16:43.
Old 10th November 2008, 20:54   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post

Jai, this pic is dedicated to you.
Benny, apologies for coming here late (better late than never right?). Awesome pic and thanks, thanks a ton.

Why is that I find Adobe CS3 a complicated thing to work on? I tried for about a day and finally gave up. I did google for help and rather found some thing called PAINT.Net and it's easy to use for me.

The pics are awesome as always. And when is the next trip and where?

Cheers,
Jai
Old 14th November 2008, 21:36   #68
BHPian

the travelogue is well written i love the streets in pondy which are in blocks with french names
Old 14th November 2008, 23:59   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by magesh_kumar View Post
the travelogue is well written i love the streets in pondy which are in blocks with french names
Thanks for reviving this thread, Jai and Magesh. Suddently it feels like it was ages ago that i put down this travelogue!

As you rightly said, the French street names have a unique charm about them for sure.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 15th November 2008 at 00:00.
Old 16th November 2008, 12:49   #70
BHPian

Quote:
@benzb29....Initially, i thought we would get to see Mahabs as well, but it was not to be. Wifey had has hopes high, but they were crushed, when we realized we needed to take a left towards Chengalpattu much before we reached Mahabalipuram.
the junction from where u took left to go to kanchipuram via chengalpet, is only few kms may be 5 kms from mahabalipuram. u could have asked the people at toll gate. but mahabs is worth for another trip (one day), if u havent been there before. may be coupled with chennai trip, if you are planning a three days trip.
Old 17th November 2008, 13:18   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benkey2 View Post
the junction from where u took left to go to kanchipuram via chengalpet, is only few kms may be 5 kms from mahabalipuram. u could have asked the people at toll gate. but mahabs is worth for another trip (one day), if u havent been there before. may be coupled with chennai trip, if you are planning a three days trip.
Thanks for the info, benkey2. Not knowing how much far ahead Mahabs was, is one thing, the other being that we had informed my friend that we would meet him, and so kinda had to rush. :(

I have been to Mahabs in the year '99, or was it 2000, which was ages ago. Will definitely want to go there sometime.

Most Viewed