Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2008, 20:22   #31
BHPian

There are talks of reducing the fuel surcharge . Hopefully that should bring down ticket costs.
Old 4th December 2008, 13:20   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
There are talks of reducing the fuel surcharge . Hopefully that should bring down ticket costs.
Ya by a couple of hundreds, maybe. Indian Airlines was planning to reduce it by 400 Rs per ticket!!
Old 23rd June 2010, 13:21   #33
BHPian

Havelock

Do make sure you visit Havelock and stay there. Some of us may leave our souls there in the sand.

I left it coz I want to be there forever.
Old 9th July 2010, 11:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

Just went through the thread and excellent pictures and narration.

I intend to visit Andaman's in the first week of September and wante dto know the places to stay in Portblair and the name of the restaurant or location where you had fish .

Also could you please tell me your experience with Sea Shells Resort.

P.S: I'm thinking of visiting Baratanga as well. Do you think there all this can be done in 5 D/N?

Thanks in advance
Old 9th July 2010, 16:53   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hi csentil,

Its an Andaman unleashed! Nice prictures and details. Sounds as expensive as a Male trip .
Old 9th July 2010, 17:14   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Just went through the thread and excellent pictures and narration.

I intend to visit Andaman's in the first week of September and wante dto know the places to stay in Portblair and the name of the restaurant or location where you had fish .

Also could you please tell me your experience with Sea Shells Resort.

P.S: I'm thinking of visiting Baratanga as well. Do you think there all this can be done in 5 D/N?

Thanks in advance
There are not many great resorts in Port Blair. I don't even remember the place where we stayed as it was all arranged by the Package tour guy. Some decent lodging.

Sea Shells is ok. Food took a long time, but that's because they start preparing only after there's an order. So allow sufficient time. The view at the back of the resort looking at the bay is beautiful. But you can't swim in it as the water is very low and its a mangrove kind of area. Service is also so so. Since we stayed there just for the night, we didn't really bother and given all the events that happened that day, nobody cared.

I suggest you spend atleast a couple of days in Havelock. Stay in Barefoot if possible. Its expensive but worth it.

You mean Baratang Island? Could be hectic.

My friends spent 15 days in A&N and they said it was not enough!! There's a lot to explore.

Marine National Park and Wandoor - 1 day, Havelock - 1 to 2 days, one day in and around Port Blair (Ross Island, Viper Island, Cellular Jail). To go by Baratang and come back to Port Blair would take a day unless you want to stay there. The road goes through Jarawa settlements, if I remember rightly, and so they allow vehicles in convoys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks