Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2008, 13:56   #31
Senior - BHPian

Day 6 – Alleppey – Cochin - Mumbai

Finally the last day of the trip arrived. We had a morning ride in our houseboat. We were searching for ducks but could not locate any. Then we had our breakfast and left the houseboat at 9:30 am and started to Cochin. The plan was to visit few places in Cochin before boarding the flight to Mumbai. My flight was scheduled at 5:50pm so had enough time in hand to roam around in Cochin.

First we visited Dutch Palace in Cochin. It’s a nice mid size palace which is now converted to a museum. Then we went to the Synagogue. I had been to Jewish temple for the first time. You have to be in full clothing I order to enter the temple. (No 3/4th, Capri, sleeveless allowed). After that we went to the st. Francis church. This is the first church built in India. It had Vasco –di – Gamma’s tomb but then shifted to Portugal. It was built in 15th century as a protestant church and then rebuilt in 17th century as Catholic Church.
It’s a beautiful church sporting big pews and big handmade fans of British era. Then we went to Chinese fishnets. It’s a 700 years old technique of catching fish. The pulley is invested by Portuguese and net is from china.

Finally after spending 6 days in Kerala, we concluded our trip. In true sense, Kerala is God’s own country. I was flattered by the beauty of Munnar and backwaters of Alleppey. It was indeed a memorable trip and I am already planning to visit these places in future again. Thank you everybody for patiently going through this big travelogue. I tried my best to cover all the places with pics and some description about them. If you need any particular details about the hotels and places I went to, PM me. Following is the last set of pictures from this beautiful trip.

1. Our newly built houseboat
2. One of the houseboats in Alleppey
3. Sunrise at 6:15 in Alleppey
4. Sunrise at 6:30 in Alleppey
5. Dutch palace
6. Synagogue
7. St. Francis church
8. Chinese fishnets
Attached Thumbnails
Visit to God's own Country - Kerala-27.jpg  

Visit to God's own Country - Kerala-28.jpg  

Visit to God's own Country - Kerala-29.jpg