Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:47   #136
Senior - BHPian

Dhiraj, hats off to you, awesome presence of mind you had. Sweet smile from Anand would have been a great relief to many during then, but cannot stop wondering how he could flash that smile. Finaly the great man him self - Captain who lived to the name of a true captain. Happy sailing mate.
Old 23rd September 2009, 19:24   #137
BHPian

@deky, very very well written.
Glad to read that all passengers were saved.

Also glad that I was able to read it in one go; the wait for the next part would have been killing.
Old 5th November 2009, 12:54   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv1984 View Post
Really horrifying episode!!!! and great write-up...

Hats off to the captain and crew!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
Deky, i was just caught up the spirited narration, i had just spent the last hour reading this, it was like i was literally there as it was happening. I thank God for your safety and all the other souls on board. Wish you more happier days in your time ahead
Thank You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Dhiraj, hats off to you, awesome presence of mind you had. Sweet smile from Anand would have been a great relief to many during then, but cannot stop wondering how he could flash that smile. Finaly the great man him self - Captain who lived to the name of a true captain. Happy sailing mate.
Lol, Anand was smiling then as no one at that time thought that the ship would sink. You should be there to see his looks, well not just his but all of us, when we were running helter skelter to get off the ship in the last 45 mnts before it sank.

Yeah Things get a bit easier when at the helm there is a person who knows his job well and is cool calm and collected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
@deky, very very well written.
Glad to read that all passengers were saved.

Also glad that I was able to read it in one go; the wait for the next part would have been killing.
Thank you
Old 5th November 2009, 15:33   #139
BHPian

Very well framed, I felt as if I was 'in' there !

And Hats off to the Captain and the entire crew who have saved a thousand lives !

The part where the Captain wanted to have a look at the last rights of his ship was very touching !

Siva
Old 5th November 2009, 16:13   #140
BHPian

Deky,

What an experience you have put forth for us....phew. This experience is such a contrast to the one you underwent on the Mount Kailash one isn't it? It really takes lot of courage for any person to undergo such an experience as a staff and to see the vessel sinking in front of your eyes. Big applause to the captain for the presence of mind and avoiding any human loss and to you too as you are part of the crew who risked your own life in the line of duty to save the passengers.

Hats off to you...
Old 21st May 2010, 19:37   #141
Senior - BHPian

Today its been exactly 11 years since the accident happened....May 21st 1999..0121hrs...M.S. Sunvista met its fate. My the ship that changed my entire life RIP.
Old 21st May 2010, 20:43   #142
BHPian

That was a terrific read. one that is usually seen on TV or read somewhere. God is great.
Old 21st May 2010, 21:58   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Today its been exactly 11 years since the accident happened....May 21st 1999..0121hrs...M.S. Sunvista met its fate. My the ship that changed my entire life RIP.
May God bless you always, Deky!
You did a wonderful job there!

You might want to take a peek here: http://www.bcmtouring.com/forum/trav...s-eyes-t19213/

Last edited by anupmathur : 21st May 2010 at 22:01.
Old 22nd May 2010, 00:40   #144
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Just read this log completely Deky. My eyes welled up with tears when I reached the end. Your mom's a hero(ine) too! How thoughtful of her to make a scrap book for you and support you through tough times!
Truly touching Deky.
Old 22nd May 2010, 03:09   #145
Senior - BHPian

Hi Dheeraj,

Was reading a Hyderabadi Czar's summer journey and saw the link to your thread. From the hills of Shimla to the high seas of Malacca.

You are a very lucky man and your family is very brave to let you go out to sea again after this episode.

Hope to see you at Starboard.
Old 22nd May 2010, 14:44   #146
BHPian

Just read your log. A very touching story. Glad that everyone had survived. You all were very blessed that day that you got such a good captain.
Thank You for sharing your experience with us.

Last edited by aman9393 : 22nd May 2010 at 14:53.
Old 22nd May 2010, 15:16   #147
BHPian

me too! just read this now.. and in one go ..! phew that was gripping... Asian Titanic, but a very lucky one at that.. everybody survived.. thats the most important and beautiful thing.

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st June 2010 at 11:16. Reason: Please use proper punctuation and avoid typing...like...this... Thanks.
Old 22nd May 2010, 15:50   #148
BHPian

Hi Dhiraj,

Just read the story! Amazing experience and amazing narration. I like happy ending and am glad you had one. I guess you now 'live' every day of your life unlike the earlier existence ? Take care and do write some general travelogues too where do you sail currently?
Old 22nd May 2010, 16:38   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
Just read your log. A very touching story. Glad that everyone had survived. You all were very blessed that day that you got such a good captain.
deky, ditto same here. Its a very different experience that you shared. writing it after 9 yrs and that too with such clarity and intensity of expression! amazing narration. + All that other have said above.
Old 23rd May 2010, 13:14   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
That was a terrific read. one that is usually seen on TV or read somewhere. God is great.
Thank you..I think the incident itself was so dramatic that it seemed like a show on TV :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
May God bless you always, Deky!
You did a wonderful job there!

You might want to take a peek here: Shipboard Life - Through A Sailor's Eyes - India Travel Forum, BCMTouring.com
Thank you Sir, I am going through the site as I write. Its a great insight on merchant vessels...thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Just read this log completely Deky. My eyes welled up with tears when I reached the end. Your mom's a hero(ine) too! How thoughtful of her to make a scrap book for you and support you through tough times!
Truly touching Deky.
Thanks, my Mom is truely amazing in all senses!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hi Dheeraj,

Was reading a Hyderabadi Czar's summer journey and saw the link to your thread. From the hills of Shimla to the high seas of Malacca.

You are a very lucky man and your family is very brave to let you go out to sea again after this episode.

Hope to see you at Starboard.
Hyderabadi Czar's journey..and the link??? where is this??

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
Yup, the captain and the crew...all were amazing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
me too! just read this now.. and in one go ..! phew that was gripping... Asian Titanic, but a very lucky one at that.. everybody survived.. thats the most important and beautiful thing.
Lucky, you bet we were!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machdar View Post
Hi Dhiraj,

Just read the story! Amazing experience and amazing narration. I like happy ending and am glad you had one. I guess you now 'live' every day of your life unlike the earlier existence ? Take care and do write some general travelogues too where do you sail currently?
I stopped sailing in the year 2005, got married and settled down. I have written a few more travelogues here about Norway, Jim Corbette and a trip to Kailash Mansarovar. Just search them under my handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
deky, ditto same here. Its a very different experience that you shared. writing it after 9 yrs and that too with such clarity and intensity of expression! amazing narration. + All that other have said above.
Thanks, there are some things in life you never forget, this is one of them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks