Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2008, 11:01   #31
Senior - BHPian

Sharath thats a nice travelogue as usual. Just loved the photography. No videos on the beach this time?
Old 31st October 2008, 18:46   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Sharath thats a nice travelogue as usual. Just loved the photography. No videos on the beach this time?
I wanted to shoot, but I can't drive and shoot. Wife and kids playing in the waves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Don't you shoot RAW? If so how does NR matter?
You are right, Noise filter shouldn't matter. I need to go through all the settings again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
This would make for a great GV billboard ad. The Sun and the Suzuki "S" perfectly highlighted!
Maruti views their target customers for GV very differently, they are surely not thinking about people like sudev or myself who would take it off the normal roads.

Last edited by Samurai : 31st October 2008 at 18:52.
Old 31st October 2008, 18:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

Scenic place !

Wonderful report and pics, Samurai
The photo from the forest dept. cottage, showing the river joining the sea, is absolutely breathtaking. This makes me want to visit the place. Is that hill-top cottage reachable by public road?

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 31st October 2008 at 18:53.
Old 31st October 2008, 18:55   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Wonderful report and pics, Samurai ! The pic from the forest dept. cottage, showing the river joining the sea is breathtaking. Making me want to visit the place. Is that cottage reachable by public road?
Yeah, you can even go there in a bus, let alone car.
Old 31st October 2008, 23:04   #35
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Maruti views their target customers for GV very differently, they are surely not thinking about people like sudev or myself who would take it off the normal roads.
Is it a wonder they are not able to sell decent quantities of it? I keep telling the Ford Endeavour and Pajero dealers to start trail blazing activities so people buy into the experience. Maruti needs to do the same.

BTW you and Sudev are the best ambassadors for the GV. How can a company not see that what you guys do with the GV will invariably draw more into the fold.

Last edited by DKG : 31st October 2008 at 23:06.
Old 1st November 2008, 00:32   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
How can a company not see that what you guys do with the GV will invariably draw more into the fold.
They probably do not understand despite seeing. Few months back we had a member Radhika Das who was responsible for creating advertisement for Grand Vitara. She went through all the GV threads on the forum and even invited feedback from the owners.

After all that, nothing happened, no change in the ads to reflect the ideas and feedback she took from here.
Old 1st November 2008, 16:51   #37
Senior - BHPian

Well looking at what Samurai and sudev do with the vehicles the sales should go up but it aint as maruti is not focussing on that.

Well samurai great pictures. The one in the last is mindblowing. Perfect advert material.

Good decision not going to malpe. Its outright dirty as they got these small shacks and also got camel rides and stuff. So there is animal droppings all over. Plus the smell is not good there.
Old 2nd November 2008, 08:01   #38
BHPian

Nice travelogue. Pictures as usual are very nice.
Your Little one is grown up now, I remember your last visit same place when he was a few months old. Times goes by very fast or probably kids grows even faster.

Cheers
Bhishma
Old 2nd November 2008, 23:13   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hai Samurai,

As usual, awesome photos and a nice story.

I actually logged in (right now @ Khajuraho) to have a quick look see at the travalogues and could not stop mysellf, went thro. your whole thread and photos. Great going with your camera, loved the beach shot, the one DKG highlighted.

--Ramky
======

Most Viewed