Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2010, 17:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Oh so you visited Lucknow when none of the Lucknowite dared to step out of their houses. Good that you drove in that mad crowd. Yeah those statues are situated at Gomti nagar near the Taj Hotel. They are the ones which were in news for their costs(being worth in 100s of crores) and involved the central Govt. to think thrice before granting the state with any further funds. Few months back a funding was rejected of the state Govt.by the centre which stated fund needed for the protection of various monuments built in the city.(Rs.50Cr).

Last edited by samsag12 : 5th May 2010 at 17:23.
Old 7th May 2010, 11:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

OK so clicked some pictures today on the way with the phone camera so please bear with the quality.
Description in order from first to last:(sorry don't know how to upload pics with individual description.)
1. Gomti Barrage
2.&3. Road leading towards Gomti Nagar
4. The Fun Republic Mall
5.& 6. Road leading towards Polytechnic Chauraha
7,8,9. Omaxe Heights and Parsvnath (development project)
10. TCS Awadh park( Tata consultancy services Regional office)
11. Road leading towards Pickup Bhavan
12. The New Swaraj Mazda make UPTC Bus
13. Under construction and newly constructed railway flyovers on the either sides.
14 & 15. Reserve Bank of India zonal office
16. The much awaited statue of some personality. Sorry don't recall the name.
17. The much talked of. The eight lane Gomti bridge. Note: only half of it could be covered in snap due to its width.
18. The statue of Samta Mulak.
19. Took a pic of the Gomti Barrage while returning.

Hope that these pics can give some idea about the current development of this part of the city.
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi - Lucknow on NH-2-image0242.jpg  

Delhi - Lucknow on NH-2-image0245.jpg  

Delhi - Lucknow on NH-2-image0246.jpg  

Delhi - Lucknow on NH-2-image0248.jpg  

Delhi - Lucknow on NH-2-image0249.jpg  

Delhi - Lucknow on NH-2-image0251.jpg  

Delhi - Lucknow on NH-2-image0252.jpg  

Delhi - Lucknow on NH-2-image0253.jpg  

Delhi - Lucknow on NH-2-image0254.jpg  

Delhi - Lucknow on NH-2-image0255.jpg  

Delhi - Lucknow on NH-2-image0257.jpg  

Delhi - Lucknow on NH-2-image0258.jpg  

Delhi - Lucknow on NH-2-image0259.jpg  

Delhi - Lucknow on NH-2-image0260.jpg  

Delhi - Lucknow on NH-2-image0261.jpg  

Delhi - Lucknow on NH-2-image0262.jpg  

Delhi - Lucknow on NH-2-image0263.jpg  

Delhi - Lucknow on NH-2-image0264.jpg  

Delhi - Lucknow on NH-2-image0265.jpg  

Old 7th May 2010, 17:16   #18
BHPian

Thanks samsag12 for showing developing face of our Nawabi city. Ypur interest in the City's development is appreciable.
Old 7th May 2010, 18:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
Thanks samsag12 for showing developing face of our Nawabi city. Ypur interest in the City's development is appreciable.
Thanks for the appreciation Mr. LDL. And as you rightly said, i am a true Lucknowite who just loves and respect the city and its heritage.
Old 7th May 2010, 19:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
however, the trick to get to the flyover is while coming from Lucknow end, take a left and go towards the Industrial area from the roundabout where the flyover starts, go about 4 kms, you will find a U turn from where you can go onto the flyover and zip over the horrendous traffic of Kanpur,

Mind you, by taking the slight detour, I could complete this 28 km stretch in less than 20 minutes, other wise, it can take you upto 2 hrs to cross from below the flyover.
Thanks for this tip. Can you by any chance give us a google map rendition of this left-roundabout-flyover beginning?
Old 7th May 2010, 20:42   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Thanks for this tip. Can you by any chance give us a google map rendition of this left-roundabout-flyover beginning?
Here You go, Pls excuse my poor drawing skills

Name:  Kanpur Bypass.bmp
Views: 2485
Size:  972.1 KB

Coming from the Lucknow side, go under the flyover towards Allahabad side, you can easily see the flyover (Bypass) turning to the left, just go along with the flyover towards Allahabad, Approx 4 KMs ahead, you will find a U-Turn from where you can go up the flyover and zip on it. Also, people over there at the Round-about are extremely helpful, just ask them how to get on this flyover and they will be more than eager and happy to assist you

Thats the Nawabi Culture of Lucknow/Kanpur/UP whatever you may like to call it.
Old 8th May 2010, 01:36   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to bump into this a bit late, however, the trick to get to the flyover is while coming from Lucknow end, take a left and go towards the Industrial area from the roundabout where the flyover starts, go about 4 kms, you will find a U turn from where you can go onto the flyover and zip over the horrendous traffic of Kanpur,

Mind you, by taking the slight detour, I could complete this 28 km stretch in less than 20 minutes, other wise, it can take you upto 2 hrs to cross from below the flyover.
+1 to that.

During GQII run, we stayed in a hotel near that roundabout. And took this detour in the next morning.
Old 8th May 2010, 12:25   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Coming from the Lucknow side, go under the flyover towards Allahabad side, you can easily see the flyover (Bypass) turning to the left, just go along with the flyover towards Allahabad, Approx 4 KMs ahead, you will find a U-Turn from where you can go up the flyover and zip on it. Also, people over there at the Round-about are extremely helpful, just ask them how to get on this flyover and they will be more than eager and happy to assist you
Shantanu, When coming from Lucknow to Agra side, we have used a different trick to climb onto that beautiful Kanpur GQ by-pass. One of our relative at Kanpur told us. Its like this:

'When going from Lucknow, instead of taking a right turn before Rama Devi Circle, towards Allahabad (mentioned by you), go straight, cross Rama devi circle, go past under that by-pass flyover, continue from left side of that massive flyover on service lane, then take very first right turn under the flyover, and then turn towards Lucknow on the right side of bypass flyover, this right side service lane gets elevated after 100-150 mtrs and takes you to the by-pass flyover from the wrong side (approx. 300-400 mtrs), i.e. you'll meet on the lane coming from Agra side, continue on that for some distance, with headlights on, and shift to your side from 1st left cut. It comes after around 1-1.5 kms'.

From Rama Devi circle, it'll be hardly 1.5 kms to climb on flyover. Same route is used to come out of by-pass when coming from Agra side, to go to Lucknow. However, you come out from right (your left) side this time, have to be careful, not to miss that cut to come down to reach Rama devi circle onto Lucknow side. Only thing is that when coming down/out from bypass from Agra side, if it is peak evening traffic hrs, then the traffic on service lane through Rama devi circle- to ganga bridge will be very heavy.

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 8th May 2010 at 12:29.
Old 8th May 2010, 18:49   #24
BHPian

Quote:
'When going from Lucknow, instead of taking a right turn before Rama Devi Circle, towards Allahabad (mentioned by you), go straight, cross Rama devi circle, go past under that by-pass flyover, continue from left side of that massive flyover on service lane, then take very first right turn under the flyover, and then turn towards Lucknow on the right side of bypass flyover, this right side service lane gets elevated after 100-150 mtrs and takes you to the by-pass flyover from the wrong side (approx. 300-400 mtrs), i.e. you'll meet on the lane coming from Agra side, continue on that for some distance, with headlights on, and shift to your side from 1st left cut. It comes after around 1-1.5 kms'.

From Rama Devi circle, it'll be hardly 1.5 kms to climb on flyover. Same route is used to come out of by-pass when coming from Agra side, to go to Lucknow. However, you come out from right (your left) side this time, have to be careful, not to miss that cut to come down to reach Rama devi circle onto Lucknow side. Only thing is that when coming down/out from bypass from Agra side, if it is peak evening traffic hrs, then the traffic on service lane through Rama devi circle- to ganga bridge will be very heavy.
As far as I remember, the Bypass flyover does not have any cut in between to cross-over. It only has 3 openings to get onto it, 1 on the Kanpur Dehat side (Coming from Agra/Delhi side) which is before the city starts and you need to be careful not to miss taking a left towards city, 1 which I mentioned and 1 just 200 mtrs away from the Rama Devi Circle (Which has been closed by placing Huge boulders).

I think the one mentioned by you is this last one, I have crossed this stretch about 4-5 times in 2008/2009 but each time this opening was closed, so not sure,

Also, the service lane is actually a forced wrong way for all vehicles going towards Lucknow and because of its narrow approach from the Rama Devi Circle, there is always a huge traffic jam on this stretch at almost all times of the days, I was once stuck there for more than 2 hours in the night because trucks from both side have to necessarily cross from this narrow road and there is no other option because of the boulders placed which have closed the entry to the flyover. I wish they open it soon.

Can you pls post some detailed info/pic/google image rendering as again I am travelling in June via the same route.

Last edited by shantanumishra : 8th May 2010 at 18:53.
Old 8th May 2010, 19:18   #25
BHPian

Quote:
As far as I remember, the Bypass flyover does not have any cut in between to cross-over. It only has 3 openings to get onto it, 1 on the Kanpur Dehat side (Coming from Agra/Delhi side) which is before the city starts and you need to be careful not to miss taking a left towards city, 1 which I mentioned and 1 just 200 mtrs away from the Rama Devi Circle (Which has been closed by placing Huge boulders).

I think the one mentioned by you is this last one, I have crossed this stretch about 4-5 times in 2008/2009 but each time this opening was closed, so not sure,

Also, the service lane is actually a forced wrong way for all vehicles going towards Lucknow and because of its narrow approach from the Rama Devi Circle, there is always a huge traffic jam on this stretch at almost all times of the days, I was once stuck there for more than 2 hours in the night because trucks from both side have to necessarily cross from this narrow road and there is no other option because of the boulders placed which have closed the entry to the flyover. I wish they open it soon.

Can you pls post some detailed info/pic/google image rendering as again I am travelling in June via the same route.
I too have used the route/way mentioned by me 3-4 times in 2009-10. That closing by boulders is when you go from Rama devi side to Agra side through that left service lane. Once that service lane gets elevated to the level of flyover, there is that opening to the by-pass which is closed by boulders. But, this is on your right (left) side when you are going from Lucknow/ Rama devi side. The opening that I referred to have used is NOT this one, but the other one that is actually meant for coming out from the by-pass from the Agra side, just few 00 kms before the Rama devi. Am I clear? So we are using it from the WRONG side when going from Lucknow side, as it is on the other side of the bypass. The actual opening to be used from Lucknow side is closed as mentioned by you.

Yes, in that small stretch of 500-600 mtrs of forced service lane (as this is used by both side traffic), the traffic is high. We also faced sort of truck jams when returning from Agra side in late evening. But, when passing through towards Agra in morning hrs, traffic is normal, no jams.

Right now, I dont have any visual to show it, but, I think, having know it so well, both of us are now clear which thing we are talking about.

Hope this helps. BTW, did you get my last PM?
Old 8th May 2010, 19:36   #26
BHPian

Quote:
I too have used the route/way mentioned by me 3-4 times in 2009-10. That closing by boulders is when you go from Rama devi side to Agra side through that left service lane. Once that service lane gets elevated to the level of flyover, there is that opening to the by-pass which is closed by boulders. But, this is on your right (left) side when you are going from Lucknow/ Rama devi side. The opening that I referred to have used is NOT this one, but the other one that is actually meant for coming out from the by-pass from the Agra side, just few 00 kms before the Rama devi. Am I clear? So we are using it from the WRONG side when going from Lucknow side, as it is on the other side of the bypass. The actual opening to be used from Lucknow side is closed as mentioned by you.

Yes, in that small stretch of 500-600 mtrs of forced service lane (as this is used by both side traffic), the traffic is high. We also faced sort of truck jams when returning from Agra side in late evening. But, when passing through towards Agra in morning hrs, traffic is normal, no jams.

Right now, I dont have any visual to show it, but, I think, having know it so well, both of us are now clear which thing we are talking about.

Hope this helps. BTW, did you get my last PM?
Understood, you are talking about going totally wrong way , Exactly the same place from where you need to cross to the wrong end of the service lane if you are going towards lucknow as the left side only goes onto the flyover and does not have any opening to go under the flyover,

Yes, I got your PM and am waiting for your confirmation.
Old 8th May 2010, 19:45   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Understood, you are talking about going totally wrong way , Exactly the same place from where you need to cross to the wrong end of the service lane if you are going towards lucknow as the left side only goes onto the flyover and does not have any opening to go under the flyover,
Wrong way! Yes, I am talking about the wrong side, but, it serves the right purpose for us.. We have used it successfully, barring once when it was 7.45 pm - the peak traffic hr. So, definitely a risky proposition (traffic jam-wise) during that 5.30-10 pm. One has to take one's take depending upon the time.

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 8th May 2010 at 19:46.
Old 10th May 2010, 12:41   #28
Senior - BHPian

@samsag12: My two cents..........

The captions of the photos that you serialised from 1 to 19, are cumbersome to read and associate with the photographs. One has to scroll up & down to relate.

In future if you could caption each individual picture, it will be quite nice..

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
OK so clicked some pictures today on the way with the phone camera so please bear with the quality.
Description in order from first to last:(sorry don't know how to upload pics with individual description.)
1. Gomti Barrage
2.&3. Road leading towards Gomti Nagar
4. The Fun Republic Mall
5.& 6. Road leading towards Polytechnic Chauraha
7,8,9. Omaxe Heights and Parsvnath (development project)
10. TCS Awadh park( Tata consultancy services Regional office)
11. Road leading towards Pickup Bhavan
12. The New Swaraj Mazda make UPTC Bus
13. Under construction and newly constructed railway flyovers on the either sides.
14 & 15. Reserve Bank of India zonal office
16. The much awaited statue of some personality. Sorry don't recall the name.
17. The much talked of. The eight lane Gomti bridge. Note: only half of it could be covered in snap due to its width.
18. The statue of Samta Mulak.
19. Took a pic of the Gomti Barrage while returning.

Hope that these pics can give some idea about the current development of this part of the city.
Old 10th May 2010, 12:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

Its good to hear somebody honestly pointing out the shortcomings of the post.gd1418 as i already mentioned in my post (in second line) i am unaware of the technique to upload pics with description along with them. So in future will upload it with attached description (when i get to learn how to do so).
Old 10th May 2010, 17:10   #30
BHPian

Hi,

Thanks for the beautiful pics that you have pasted. Really gives us the feeling of the North Indian roads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks