Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2008, 12:00   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrvarier View Post
Good write-up dude ! For a moment I thought of Sydney in australia. Montreal to sysdney in aus would've been right across the globe ! I have a relative who lived major part of his life as a marine engineer, and he used to share his experience on board a ship for weeks on the high seas. Does your job include sailing with the ship? I was a mechanical engineer myself (now turned to IT) and happened to work in Cochin Port Trust harbour workshops as an apprentice. Came across a lot of fellow mech engineers aspiring for marine careers, and they all had one motive: Travel the world and being paid for it. BTW, seeing those marine engines was hell of an experience ! I used to stand in front of that monster of an engine with jaw-dropping awe.

Pics (from inside the ship, if you can) will be highly appreciated.
I graduated as a Mechanical engineer but went on to do Marine engineering as well. I have sailed across the 'seven sea' (sorry about the cliche!). But lately I am doing more.
And yes, I love working with engines and machines. I have a green thumb for anything mechanical.
Old 9th November 2008, 14:07   #17
BHPian

excellent writing style. you spoke straight from the heart, and you have a good style to express it with. look forward to more of your writings.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks