Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2009, 14:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crn12 View Post
sbraj,

Decided to go to Nileswaram & then a day in Madikeri when we return by that way, which is Kannur - Kasargood - Madikeri - Bangalore

Cheers Nitin
Have a great drive & vacation. Do post the snaps, trip details and updates about the road conditions. Better still, a travelogue!!!

Do try to visit the beautiful narrow bridge at Nileswaram. This one has to be crossed on foot.

Then there is Chithari beach and lagoon, if you prefer less crowded beaches. This is near Kanhangad.

I missed these during my trip. Post some snaps.

cheers ....
Old 1st December 2009, 13:20   #32
BHPian

I did my schooling in Kanhanghad from 5th Std to SSC- that was 29 years ago : - ). I have visited the Bekal fort a couple of times and it was wild with hardly any visitors except for the occassional hippie tourists from the west. An year ago I passed by on train and found there were tented cottages on the beach run by some 5 star group and thre are landscaped gardens.

The Nityananad Asharam was our favourite weekend walk and sometimes to the beach. We also sometimes went to the Anand Asharam near Kanhangahad.

Great to see that the place is getting a lot of attention now and tourism is growing here. Will surely make a trip there sometime soon.

Last edited by Roameo : 1st December 2009 at 13:22.
Old 1st December 2009, 15:02   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Have a great drive & vacation. Do post the snaps, trip details and updates about the road conditions. Better still, a travelogue!!!

Do try to visit the beautiful narrow bridge at Nileswaram. This one has to be crossed on foot.

Then there is Chithari beach and lagoon, if you prefer less crowded beaches. This is near Kanhangad.

I missed these during my trip. Post some snaps.

cheers ....
Sure thank you, & appreciate all the help. I would most definitely prefer the less crowded beaches, which makes the above added to my list.

Cheers, Nitin
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:21   #34

Hi, We re planning to go to north Kerala and are looking for houseboats in and around Kasarkode (Nileswaram, Valiayaparambu, etc). Does any1 have any direct contact details for any operator. Googling brings up lots of junk, mostly general tour operators who are more interested in south Kerala. appriciate if some1 could give us some leads. thanks!
Old 2nd December 2009, 15:31   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcanji View Post
Hi, We re planning to go to north Kerala and are looking for houseboats in and around Kasarkode (Nileswaram, Valiayaparambu, etc). Does any1 have any direct contact details for any operator. Googling brings up lots of junk, mostly general tour operators who are more interested in south Kerala. appriciate if some1 could give us some leads. thanks!
Bekal Boat stay seems to be an option, as suggested by nairrk below.
Nalanda resorts also arranges boat ride for shorter durations, but I don't think they have house boats.
Heard from a colleague that Bekal Resorts Development Corporation Ltd has house boats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
How many of you all there??
If more people i.e around 6 or more then you all can go for another joy ride
at Bekal Boat Stay at Nileshwaram. Only thing is that you have to hire a boat-food will be served on board. The boat will leave the place at certain time and go on water (backwater). Day boat timing is between 10 am to 4 pm. And there are other timings also.
If interested please check their website: bekalboatstay.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@crn12
Boat stay is economic only if you have min 6 (8 is good) people as they have a minimum rate for a boat ( one has to hire a full boat for this ride). If more people, then they will charge extra per person. for 2/3 people it is bit expensive.
Old 19th December 2009, 16:46   #36

Nice writing and awsome pictures..!

Along with Bekal, Valiyaparamba backwaters are just 10 to 15 kms away from Nalanda resorts, towards Kannur. It is one of the unexploited and emerging tourist destinations of North Kerala.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks