Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2008, 14:38   #31
BHPian

Nice crisp travelogue indeed.

Ofcourse, it was a pleasure catchin up with all you guyz at Blend n Brew over drinks n starters.
Old 18th November 2008, 15:03   #32
BHPian

You guys did have a lot of fun.And I stayed in bed all weekend GRRRRRRRRR..
Old 18th November 2008, 15:10   #33
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav View Post
You guys did have a lot of fun.And I stayed in bed all weekend GRRRRRRRRR..
Vijay, hope you recover soon. Btw, when you had called Tadu, Rajiv said something and left us all in splits for quite a while . Will update you on this when we meet this weeked if you get well.
Old 18th November 2008, 15:51   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Could not resist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
A fellow-bhpian Ram told me that he once offered them chocolates by way of toll fees (in lieu of cash), and they refused!! Apparent, it is a one-way traffic.
There was a time when I used to go via Aroor toll gate frequently. Once I received Rs 2 and a chocolate as change when I gave Rs 10. Next time when I passed, I gave him the same Rs 2, the chocolate and a Rs 5 coin. Though he protested, I assured him that was what was given to me the previous day.

He accepted!!
Old 18th November 2008, 15:54   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

There was a time when I used to go via Aroor toll gate frequently. Once I received Rs 2 and a chocolate as change when I gave Rs 10. Next time when I passed, I gave him the same Rs 2, the chocolate and a Rs 5 coin. Though he protested, I assured him that was what was given to me the previous day.

He accepted!!

^^ Good one!! I tried the same thing once when i was buying cigarettes, the shopkeeper did not accept. I tried reasoning it out with him, but I failed miserably .
Old 18th November 2008, 15:58   #36
BHPian

My Story, in short.

Guess it all started when Karthik Kumar posted on the meet thread about being tempted to drive down. And that tempted brraj, who in turn did the tempting for Satya and I. Karthik duly disappeared, and while prabhuav wanted to join in, he was in a bad health streak, and did not want to make things worse. So it was supposed to be just the 3 of us driving down.

Friday evening came, and I was swapping work and baby sitting as my wife had gone out. Raj came down to my place at ~9PM, and I was still stuck with work. A regular customer wanted some work done, and I could not leave $$. Guess by the time we got out, it was 11PM. And yes, before that, saw mclaren on chat, and got him out as well. I was feeling too tired, and knew we needed all the drivers the car could hold.

Picked up Satya and mclaren on the way out, and we had a nice, different drive. We were talking most of the time, and hence speeds stayed low all along. Very nice and uneventful journey to Pune.

Freshened up, and met with Shrivz. Nice baleno, and I loved the alloys he had. He took us around, and we picked up n_Aditya, and then Amey and Technocrat joined us for lunch. Thank you guys for taking time out to come out and meet us. Will surely see you again.

And Ishaan calls, and he was mad. What are you doing in Pune when all the fun is getting over? Time to get out. Perfect excuse to speed as well. We light up the expressway, to get pretty close to Bandra in some 1.5 hours. Tank up, pick up some coffees and hang out for Shrivz and Amey to come along.

The show was on in full swing when we got there, and we did get to see the JBL beach party. Sam is the best, and he sure knows how to make sure guys have a good time. Thank you Sam for providing the excuse to drive down!

Also meet many guys whom I have been chatting with. Ravi, aka PowerFreak has been a long time IM friend. So glad I could finally get to meet him. Nice "virgin" car he has. Needs some wide open throttle to get it to clear it's throat.

And the meat was good too. Met many of the Bombay tbhp guys, and had a good time. Good to finally meet up with nc, aditya, jeetu, viper, mmm and all the others there...

brraj drove back to Pune, and everybody else went to sleep. Tired we were. And the vodka was perfect to get some good sleep.

Next day, we again slowly drove back to Bangalore, after a brunch of sorts. Sudheer took us to some place serving South Indian breakfast, lovely food they have there.

While we were at kolhapur, got news that a startup idea that has been in the making for the last 8 months is getting funding. Has been a long wait for that in these troubled times. Lovely weekend, and now, back to work. Sigh.

Ps. The drive video is being uploaded to Google videos. Shot of a P&S, but in HD(720p). Uploading around 22 mins of driving videos now. Hopefully, too many guys here wont want to kill me after they get to see the Expressway part.
Old 18th November 2008, 16:06   #37
Senior - BHPian

A good, fast paced travalogue!

Driving this kind of distance over 2 days - happens only here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
For exactly 2 minutes 12 seconds...
Does this qualify for the shortest T-BHP meet???

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
...Ps. The drive video is being uploaded to Google videos. Shot of a P&S, but in HD(720p). Uploading around 22 mins of driving videos now. Hopefully, too many guys here wont want to kill me after they get to see the Expressway part.
Once back in apartment, the first thing on today's agenda!
Old 18th November 2008, 16:11   #38
BANNED

Wow! An amazing thread.
This is the sort of thread I was always waiting for. Not just a boring travelogue but lots of pics, meets, shows etc.. Interaction with other Bhpians! Phew!! Great.

Now, please continue!
Old 18th November 2008, 17:48   #39
BANNED

Sounds like good fun. Nicely written, mclaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Does this qualify for the shortest T-BHP meet???
Well, Suresh_Stephen and I said hi to each other this morning at C V Raman Nagar. Must have been 10 seconds.

Of course, you realize I'm nitpicking.
Old 18th November 2008, 17:57   #40
BHPian

Loved the moon shot - what camera is this?
Old 18th November 2008, 18:23   #41
BHPian

Hey Champ Nice to see you here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Sure Gautam. Next time it'll be a few hours. I promise. Pune and Mumbai aint too far.

Hope to be in Mumbai for the F1 thingy on 30th Nov.
O/THey Aditya: Nice to see you around here, what you doing these days mate, give me a call if you are in blore. I hope you have returned to Bangalore / Pune ?

Cheers,
Nitin
Old 18th November 2008, 19:21   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDGuy View Post
Loved the moon shot - what camera is this?
Its a Canon 1000D, shot with the 18-200 Tamron lens at 200mm.
Old 18th November 2008, 19:39   #43
Senior - BHPian

Nice one dude. I love such trips done on an impulse. Too cool.

Sad that i couldnt make it to the trip as i was ib blr and coorg then with some work!! Maybe next time.

How much does this gps cost btw? And whats the power source as in can it be used outside the car also while walking or so?
Old 18th November 2008, 20:39   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
How much does this gps cost btw? And whats the power source as in can it be used outside the car also while walking or so?
Market rate was around 22k when Satya got it. I hear its gone up to 27k now. It comes with a charger that slots into your cigarette lighter adapter. Yes, you can use it while walking too as long as there is enough battery.
Old 19th November 2008, 10:21   #45
BHPian

Video, and Google Video troubles.

Guys, not able to upload the videos to Google Videos. Or, I can upload, but then it just does not play. Here is the dud, the FAQ says known bug. Here is the dud - Bangalore to Bombay for the Autocar/JBL show

If anybody knows how to fix that one, please let me know.

For now, I have uploaded to a personal server, it is available in two versions.

http://churnbox.com/bombay-drive.m4v (259mb)

And dial up friendly - http://churnbox.com/bombay-drive-tiny.3gp

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks