Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2008, 10:48   #76
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
So should young people atleast on public roads (which absolves Nascar, WRC, F1 drivers and their peers).
God! I would hate to see this thread go from a fun, impromptu drive to a thread teaching morality on driving. I think we have enough threads on that.
Old 21st November 2008, 11:03   #77
BHPian

Quote:
So should young people atleast on public roads (which absolves Nascar, WRC, F1 drivers and their peers).
Please dont take offense. The reference to being old was to me only, I am pushing 36 now. Not anybody else.
Old 21st November 2008, 11:30   #78
BHPian

There are only 2 ways to come. One is bang straight from vashi and the other is when you take the right under the flyover after the vashi toll naka from mankhurd I suppose which shows ghatkopar is on the right; this right turn will land you up at chembur(chunhabhatti junction) anyway.
@banglore boys: dont need a gps for aamchi mumbai; this is homeground
@mclaren: just lend me a seat in your car next time, would love to go that fast with my jaw dropped tongue stuck out & wind hitting my face
Old 21st November 2008, 11:34   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
Please dont take offense. The reference to being old was to me only, I am pushing 36 now. Not anybody else.
I'm getting old simultaneously as you are

What about us ? The older the driver, the better his control is, ask Hv Kumar, Behram Bhai, Gogi, Rudraji, Ajit M and the older gang.

Cheers, No offense to anyone please,

M M
Old 21st November 2008, 13:21   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
Please dont take offense.
I did not. I am old too! My wife says I am 80.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
God! I would hate to see this thread go from a fun, impromptu drive to a thread teaching morality on driving.
Arey baba dont get sensitive. We just wanted to point out that both old and young need to be careful.

The old because their reaction speeds are not good as the young, the young because even their (better) reactions speeds are sometimes not adeqaute for the surprises a public road can spring, especially in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
The older the driver, the better his control is, ask Hv Kumar, Behram Bhai, Gogi, Rudraji, Ajit M and the older gang.
chal lets get back to the topic on hand although I am sure none of the "old folks" will subscribe to driving too fast if only because at our age we often cant tell the "squeak" in our knees from the "squeal" of the tyres.

maybe I am sensitive because on my millionth wedding annivesary (it does feel like a million years) a 18-19 year old driver decided that I would make a nice hood ornament.

Last edited by navin : 21st November 2008 at 13:24.
Old 21st November 2008, 13:35   #81
BANNED

Quote:
Arey baba dont get sensitive. We just wanted to point out that both old and young need to be careful.

The old because their reaction speeds are not good as the young, the young because even their (better) reactions speeds are sometimes not adeqaute for the surprises a public road can spring, especially in India.
I get the point Navin. I am not getting sensitive. Its just that almost every thread bangy bhpians start ends up into some controversy/argument related to driving. We would just want to refrain from this thread getting locked, arguments, bad blood etc. All that has been done before, this has been a wonderful experience for all of us involved. And we would like it to stay that way. Thats all!
Old 21st November 2008, 13:46   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Its just that almost every thread bangy bhpians start ends up into some controversy/argument related to driving.
I had no intention of starting a controversy.
Old 21st November 2008, 14:04   #83
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
The older the driver, the better his control is, ask Hv Kumar, Behram Bhai, Gogi, Rudraji, Ajit M and the older gang.
Quote:
chal lets get back to the topic on hand although I am sure none of the "old folks" will subscribe to driving too fast if only because at our age we often cant tell the "squeak" in our knees from the "squeal" of the tyres.
On a lighter note, try telling that to these 3. One drives a fully moded turbo swift, I have seen Rudra keep up with any other car on some Krishnagiri drives, and Ajit does (used to) track days. Some spirited "old folks" (just kididng) they are. And then you have Tadu, Brraj, cmiuc, vikram_d, headers and others too. May their tribe grow.

Most Viewed