Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2008, 11:51   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
The owner's obedient dogs. They will not step out of the cage until the owner asks them to.
Attachment 80904

Nice to see a Rottweiler not stepping out of the cage until he/she hears the order.
Old 23rd December 2008, 19:44   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
By the way, wasn't it strainful on the bike? How much time it took for you people to reach Waynad frm B'lore? Weren't you scared while going through the Muthanga sanctuary road and some other forest roads in Kerala?
We have done lot of long drives on my bike. Yes sometimes it is straining, especially with heavy backpack, but we were used to it I guess.

We started from Bangalore at 4:30 am and reached Kalpetta by 11:30 am.

Only scary part of our trip was return journey from Kuruwa Dweep to Kalpetta. It was 6 pm in the evening and we wanted to reach our hotel room before it got dark. Some locals suggested a shortcut route. This route was a very narrow road through paddy fields. Entire stretch of 20-25 km was totally deserted. Then it started raining cats and dogs. There was no shelter anywhere to hide from the rain. It took us more than 1 hour before we reached some town and finally it was 8 pm when we reached Kalpetta.
Old 24th December 2008, 18:38   #33
BHPian

Great!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomBatt View Post
We have done lot of long drives on my bike. Yes sometimes it is straining, especially with heavy backpack, but we were used to it I guess.

We started from Bangalore at 4:30 am and reached Kalpetta by 11:30 am.

Only scary part of our trip was return journey from Kuruwa Dweep to Kalpetta. It was 6 pm in the evening and we wanted to reach our hotel room before it got dark. Some locals suggested a shortcut route. This route was a very narrow road through paddy fields. Entire stretch of 20-25 km was totally deserted. Then it started raining cats and dogs. There was no shelter anywhere to hide from the rain. It took us more than 1 hour before we reached some town and finally it was 8 pm when we reached Kalpetta.
Great! I will surely do such a trip soon! Your trip will be one of my inspirations!
Old 24th December 2008, 19:03   #34
Senior - BHPian

Nice trip saleem.

@steeroid: one story doing rounds is that the tribal who showed the brits the route was tied to the tree on a daily basis. He died in his sleep when tied. Not sure if its true though

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks