Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2008, 13:56   #1
BHPian

Trip to Ganapatipule

Hello every body,

I am back with a new travelogue. As my 1st anniversary was fast approaching we decided to head to Ganapatipule. The plan was set in motion one month before and all the bookings were done at MTDC. We booked Sea view cottage for 2 days and 2 nights, plan was to arrive on 21st of November and leave on 23rd of November. All set and done, as this was my third trip to Ganapatipule I need not look for direction and maps as I now know Konkan as back of my hand .But for others who do not know how to reach Ganapatipule here are the directions OR you can go through my earlier travelogue on Ganapatipule by using search option .[
The route taken is as follows:

Take NH 17 Mumbai – Goa highway till Ratnagiri .While moving towards Ratnagiri, on Mumbai Goa National Highway No. 17 (NH-17), after Sangameshwar is Nivali phata . From Nivali phata one has to take right turn for Ganapatipule (32kms). Alternatively, one can continue on NH-17 till Hathkhamba (Nivali - Hathkhamba: 4kms) and then take a right turn to go to Ganapatipule. Ample number of State Transport buses are available from Ratnagiri bus depot. Frequency is good for fast journeys. Ganapatipule is also connected with other cities by state transport buses.

21-11-08
We started very early morning at 5.00 AM, Left Borivali and headed towards NH-17, Plan was to have breakfast at Datta guru but it was not open and we had to drive back to Mc Donald’s to have our break fast.
We have a brief stop at vadkhal naka for another quick snacks and we head towarts chiplun, we had plan to reach Sangameshwar by 11.30 AM and have our lunch at hotel Drive Inn, why this hotel? Well the location of this hotel is very good on as very small hill and the food is excellent.
We reached this hotel at around 11.00 AM, had our lunch and finished it with 2 glass full of solekadi. From this hotel Ganapatipule is one hour drive. Reach MTDC at around 2.00 PM.
Slept the afternoon and in the evening we just relaxed grazing the blue sea. Evening was very pleasant and we retire very early to bed.

22-11-08.
We went on the beach and into the the sea, were there for two hours and then headed back to our room. In the afternoon we went to konkan exhibition name as Prachin Konkan. We spent about two hour there, It had a small food stall and it was serving marvelous food , we had thalipit and solekadi. There is also a souvenir shop where one can buy all kinds of things, we decided to buy to large painting of famous painter Dabolkar for 500/- each. ( if one buys these in Mumbai then it will cost around 2000/- each.
In the evening we went to bhandarpule and had a look at Krishnali beach resort. Its too costly 4500/- per night.

23-11-08

We left MTDC at 9.00 AM after having the darshan of load Ganesh., again we stop at hotel drive inn, took solekadi in a bisleri bottle and headed to Mumbai.
Reached Mumbai by 5.00 PM.

Total KM from Broivali to Ganapatipule – 396 KM.
Attached Thumbnails
Trip to Ganapatipule-img_0596.jpg  

Trip to Ganapatipule-img_0642.jpg  

Trip to Ganapatipule-img_0658.jpg  

Trip to Ganapatipule-img_0665.jpg  

Old 1st December 2008, 14:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

at mtdc, where did you stayed? main complex or konkani huts?
now a days ,hows food at mtdc?
two years back, i stayed at konkani huts and food at that corner was delicious.

edit.. looking at pic, it seems that you stayed at main complex.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 1st December 2008 at 14:46.
Old 1st December 2008, 15:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

2 questions:
1. Whats the per night tariff of the MTDC hotel that you stayed at?
2. Whats solekadi?
Old 1st December 2008, 16:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

@nishant,
if you and uday don't mind, i will answer.

Quote:
1. Whats the per night tariff of the MTDC hotel that you stayed at?
mtdc resort at ganapatipule has differant types of rooms ranging from tariff of rs 600 to rs 1700 depending upon the season. the best cottage is KONKANI HUTS A/C having tariff of rs 1100/1400/1700 depending upon season.

Quote:
2. Whats solekadi?
solekadi is drink made by coconut milk and cocum cyrup with some spices. it is very tasty and whenever i get chance, i drink atleast 1 lit at a time. try it. you can make it at home. take one part coconut milk, three parts water, little cocum cyrup as per taste, salt as per taste, coriander, little pepper.
Old 1st December 2008, 17:52   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
@nishant,
if you and uday don't mind, i will answer.

mtdc resort at ganapatipule has differant types of rooms ranging from tariff of rs 600 to rs 1700 depending upon the season. the best cottage is KONKANI HUTS A/C having tariff of rs 1100/1400/1700 depending upon season.

solekadi is drink made by coconut milk and cocum cyrup with some spices. it is very tasty and whenever i get chance, i drink atleast 1 lit at a time. try it. you can make it at home. take one part coconut milk, three parts water, little cocum cyrup as per taste, salt as per taste, coriander, little pepper.
thx Ashish for answering. According to me Sea view cottage is the best rooms
Old 2nd December 2008, 09:25   #6
BHPian

some more snaps. I have written this review in a very short as I already have one review on Ganapatipule on this form
Attached Thumbnails
Trip to Ganapatipule-img_0573.jpg  

Trip to Ganapatipule-img_0587.jpg  

Trip to Ganapatipule-img_0625.jpg  

Trip to Ganapatipule-img_0642.jpg  

Trip to Ganapatipule-img_0640.jpg  

Trip to Ganapatipule-img_0668.jpg  

Trip to Ganapatipule-img_0656.jpg  

Trip to Ganapatipule-img_0709.jpg  

Trip to Ganapatipule-img_0693.jpg  

Trip to Ganapatipule-img_0712.jpg  

Old 2nd December 2008, 10:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics Uday, Looking at them I need to seriously plan coastal MH trip.

Lukeskywalker (hari) from Bangalore has gone for a MH trip (Shiradi, Ganapatipule) and I am sure he must be enjoying his stay in Ganapatipule.

Abhi
Old 2nd December 2008, 11:19   #8
BHPian

By far ,ganpatiphule has one of the cleanest beaches in india....

Do post the pics of the "Swayambhu ganesh" if you have clicked it!

I believe its one of the ashtavinayak's isnt it?

Thanks for sharing the pics!
Old 2nd December 2008, 18:59   #9
BHPian

Wondering why no travelogue on Ganapathipule! Very nice place. I had been to Ganapathipule some 10-12 years back when I was working in Mumbai. One of the most beautiful temples. I fondly remember the "pradakshina" of the temple above the sea. I remember my uncle paying some amount to the priests for some special pooja which they perform once in a year and send the prasada by post !

Please post some pics of the temple if you have clicked.
Old 2nd December 2008, 19:21   #10
Senior - BHPian

Great pictures you got. Been hearing a lot about this place. Guess the beach is a bit dangerous though. Please confirm
Old 2nd December 2008, 20:04   #11
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics and thread. By seeing the sight of Sea and beach, I can recall the trip to Goa month back. BTW, what is the best time to visit this place?
Old 2nd December 2008, 21:32   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Nice pics Uday, Looking at them I need to seriously plan coastal MH trip.

Lukeskywalker (hari) from Bangalore has gone for a MH trip (Shiradi, Ganapatipule) and I am sure he must be enjoying his stay in Ganapatipule.

Abhi
Just spoke to Hari, the place is so great that he has decided to stay an extra day

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Great pictures you got. Been hearing a lot about this place. Guess the beach is a bit dangerous though. Please confirm
Hari just confirmed that the beach is very calm, clean and shallow, which means that you can walk a good distance into the sea without too much risk.

regards

Vaseem
Old 2nd December 2008, 22:04   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hey lovely pics.
Brings back quite a few memories.
Thanks for sharing.
cheers:
Old 3rd December 2008, 08:50   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Do post the pics of the "Swayambhu ganesh" if you have clicked it!
Photography is not allowed inside the temple.
Old 3rd December 2008, 10:51   #15
BHPian

Hi Uday, Lovely snaps. Now I am even more charged up for my GanpatiPule trip plannd on 20th Dec. I think you know the roads better in that area. I need some advice for the route from Pune. Based on my internet search I have zeroed on two routes.

1. pune-satara-umbraj-right turn to patan-malharpeth-patan-helwak-kumbharli ghat-chiplun-left turn at junction on nh17 to ward goa-sangameshwar-right turn before hathkhamba toward ganapatipule-ganapatipule.

2. Pune-Exp way- Khopoliexit - Pen - Wadkhal NH17 - hathkhamba - GanpatiPule.

Do you have any information on the first route?

Thanks for posting nice travelblog. BTW I have booked the Konkani Huts for my stay.

Most Viewed