Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2009, 06:10   #31
Senior - BHPian

Samurai,

The pictures on the road less traveled are great! In fact all of them are beautiful.

So much beauty in our country!
Old 6th January 2009, 11:22   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
The 3 road junction you mentioned, when you are coming from Kemmangundi and staright road goes towards Chikmagalur/Mulyangiri and left takes you to Baba Budangiri and Datta Peeta.
I think you are referring to a different junction which will come much later. At this junction the 3 roads lead to Kemmanugundi, Chikmagalur and Muthodi respectively.

Quote:
My Swift and friends Baleno. The Swift some how managed the bad roads but the Baleno had a terrible time with the underbelly scraping very often.
The car drivers who love their car will cry on this road.

Quote:
The place with the open earea of grasslands comes as a surprise when you are travelling under dense tree cover similar to travelling in a tunnel and suddenly the road turns left and on the right the space opens up into a beautiful scenery. This place after Monsoons is just brilliant.
Ok, now I have to visit in monsoon time. The way the terrain changes from rolling hills to canopy drive back to rolling hills is just mind boggling.
Old 6th January 2009, 11:35   #33
Senior - BHPian

nice pics of jungle roads.
these roads reminds me amboli, koyna and mahabaleshwar.
roads at amboli are going through thick forest.
Old 6th January 2009, 13:27   #34
BHPian

Samurai - Nice pics and great travelogue. Are you sure you did not hebbe falls - or was there a reason why it did not appear in your travelogue? Nice offroad drive to the falls coupled with beautiful view.
Old 6th January 2009, 14:29   #35
Senior - BHPian

Sharath absolutely no words to describe what an eye candy your travelogue has been.Good work there with the camera. My vote goes for the work with your bazooka clicking the water pics.

Also why dint you give the lingadahalli route a shot ? Its long I know and I vaguely remember somewhere on the return journey to chikmagalur there was a signboard on the right which read Muthodi (indicating to take that right towards Muthodi).

This was much before we reached Chikmagalur town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Ok, now I have to visit in monsoon time. The way the terrain changes from rolling hills to canopy drive back to rolling hills is just mind boggling.
Same here, should visit this place after the monsoons.
Old 6th January 2009, 14:50   #36
Senior - BHPian

Lovely Travelogue Samurai, loved the water pictures. Some of them came out very nice. Also liked the bird in flight shot although would've loved more sharpness. And my pick was the first shot of the road that you took on your previous trip. Seems so mysterious.
At Kemmangundi, you should've gone to Z-point and trek to Hebbe falls. But you didn't had plans to stay there I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Same here, should visit this place after the monsoons.
Ditto, have planned to visit last year during Monsoon but couldn't. This year for sure. The place has very good photo op. Last when I went there was during March and it was all brownish instead of soothing green. Wanna plan a trip in Aug/Sep he he ?
Old 6th January 2009, 15:11   #37
BHPian

Samurai,AWESOME PICTURES. One of the best that I have seen on this forum.

Last edited by zen91 : 6th January 2009 at 15:14.
Old 6th January 2009, 16:12   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s;1118645At[U
Kemmangundi, you should've gone to Z-point and trek to Hebbe falls.[/u] But you didn't had plans to stay there I guess.
Kaushik I hope you arent kidding here.A trek means camp overnight in the mountains there and trust me it wasn't any fun in the jeep too while traversing that route to Hebbe. Leave alone walking around that place.

But then like I mentioned in my travelogue its a jeepers and trekkers paradise. So maybe we shud give it a shot sometime.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 6th January 2009 at 16:16.
Old 6th January 2009, 16:46   #39
Senior - BHPian

Very good writeup Its been nearly year I visited these areas, I guess roads have gone more bad now and only SUV can go there. 3 years back I heard one of the bridges broke in the road you have taken to Muttodi from KemmanGundi, I guess now its repaired.

During Mansoon except leech trouble its fantastic scenary. I simply loved it.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 6th January 2009 at 16:47.
Old 6th January 2009, 18:27   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Kaushik I hope you arent kidding here.A trek means camp overnight in the mountains there and trust me it wasn't any fun in the jeep too while traversing that route to Hebbe. Leave alone walking around that place.

But then like I mentioned in my travelogue its a jeepers and trekkers paradise. So maybe we shud give it a shot sometime.
Oops, I meant trek to Z-point not Hebbe, towards Z-point it's just a walk on the side of the mountain. Quite easy one even for me;-) . But AFAIK, even trek to Hebbe is possible in just one day, I've read quite a few travelogues regarding that trek. Even we thought of that but the Sun was bright and the scenery also wasn't great that time, so we took the Jeep. Yes it was back breaking .
Old 6th January 2009, 18:29   #41
Senior - BHPian

Sharath, just read the travelogue now, cool write up and what can one describe about your photos?

River Tern Lodge is a better place to frolic in clear waters than go for a jungle safari.

How far is Thirthahalli from the turnoff on the B'lore-Shimoga road if we want to take the route through the Bhadra reserve?
Cheers,
Hari.
Old 7th January 2009, 12:10   #42
Senior - BHPian

Samurai
As always, NICE PICS.
Vitara @ Mutthodi pic is awesome
Last time when I had been to River tern Lodge/resort, Water sports was cancelled due to heavy rain at afternoon
Some pics from my last visit
Attached Thumbnails
River Tern Jungle Lodge, Kemmanugundi and then some…-dsc00812.jpg  

River Tern Jungle Lodge, Kemmanugundi and then some…-dsc00826.jpg  

River Tern Jungle Lodge, Kemmanugundi and then some…-dsc00830.jpg  

River Tern Jungle Lodge, Kemmanugundi and then some…-dsc00831.jpg  

River Tern Jungle Lodge, Kemmanugundi and then some…-dsc00836.jpg  

River Tern Jungle Lodge, Kemmanugundi and then some…-dsc00849.jpg  

Old 7th January 2009, 23:43   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
How far is Thirthahalli from the turnoff on the B'lore-Shimoga road if we want to take the route through the Bhadra reserve?
About 80-85Kms from Tarikere turn off to Tirthahalli. Not sure it is worth it unless you want to visit Bhadra dam. This route is quite unremarkable.
Old 8th January 2009, 00:35   #44
Sha
BHPian

There are two route to go Muthodi Forest from kemangundi. one which Samurai has taken to go other one it goes through estates and its very shorter itseems told by Forest Watchman.
Old 12th January 2009, 15:41   #45
Senior - BHPian

i hope, travelogue is not completed yet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks